For 1.3

Best answers
Well i was hoping once the team finished the advanced melle, they could focus on the grapics, cause, i think i speak for everyone when i say that the kamehameha thats being held in the characters hands if preety lame, also i think the ctdb mode should be finished.

thats about it
keep up the good work

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what is wrong with the graphics?
en why is it lame to hold an attack just as long till u want to release it,
i really dont want my beams to autoshoot when its full.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
"i really dont want my beams to autoshoot when its full."
2nd that i hated that about d** esf...keep it like this!

Best answers
Well, the problem is is that you don't speak for everyone, because I doubt the entire community has the same exact opinion about things like graphics or where the team should focus their time on. I think the graphics are pretty damn good for HL, and I'd be impressed to see them make any drastic improvements given the limitations of the aging engine the game's based on. The only confirmed thing that's going to be looked at in 1.3 is transformations as far as I know. I'd imagine that other things are going to get done, but whatever it is, I'm sure the team already has a plan set for it. They haven't done anything wrong yet, so I'd just sit back and enjoy what they present to the public free of charge.

Only time will tell.

Best answers
i think he means the way the kamehameha is held while charging is lame ..
i think its fine but it would be nice if the charcter will move its legs to a better postion while charging it would look nicer .

Best answers
Well, ESF is in a state of constant work in progress. Until there's ESF 1.0, all bets are off on what is finalized and what isn't, from what I understand. I'm sure the smaller issues like that will be some of the last things to get taken care of. Think of all the games that look nice but play like junk. I think the ESF team isn't trying to go that route and that's why they're adding gameplay content first over making everything look perfect and exact. But that's not to say that things don't look good as they are.

Best answers
yup and it doesnt really bother me cus esf just rocks it would be nice if it would be perfect but i guess it will be in the final beta as u said ..
and for esf is just pure fun , the best game ive played recently =)

Best answers
esf rocks. graphics is not the problem here.
maybe more attacks and transformations but the graphics are great so dont say say that it is the problem with the game. just dont.

Best answers
Is there any way to code the game to where you coul dhave nicer graphics to that of quake 3 or higher? I mean, the graphics are nice, but copared to nowaday stuff they are junk. Especially the maps.

I don't like how the colors of the game are so blah on the maps. They should be more like quake 3 and bright. Is there a way to recode the engine a bit to accept higher 32 bit textures?

I mean this game has huge potential, but I think it needs a graphics boost after 1.2 or 1.3. Maybe make 1.4 or 1.5, or the release before ESF Final have the goal of improving the engine's graphical limits. Like recoding it or something to accept brighter colors and such.

Best answers
yes u are right but this esf is on hl engine wich is pretty old and compared to quake it doesnt look too good but compared to all the other hl mods this game is great ..
and i think it is the best hl mod u can find out there .

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They would need the half life source code in order to increase the quality the graphics even further. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Best answers
Jarrstin said:
or the release before ESF Final have the goal of improving the engine's graphical limits. Like recoding it or something to accept brighter colors and such.
what???
LIMIT means u cant take it further, thats why its called limit, and I pretty much think esf took the graphic engine of half life to the limit!
to recode the graphical engine of half life?
dont think its legal.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
if hl will go open souce .. its possible, but for now: no.

Best answers
Jarrstin said:
Is there any way to code the game to where you coul dhave nicer graphics to that of quake 3 or higher?
If VALVe GPL'ed the Half-Life engine code, then it'd be possible. They haven't yet, and seeing as how that would allow for insane hacks and seeing how CS is still the most popular online game right now, I doubt it'll be anytime soon. Maybe a year after HL2 is released they'll think about GPLing it, but I'm still not sure if there'd be a conflict with id on that one (because, IIRC, the release of the rendering code isn't allowed, but they already GPLed the Quake I/II engines, so maybe they'll let VALVe release it).

:id: :id: :id: :id: :id: :id:

Best answers
Yedi said:
Well i was hoping once the team finished the advanced melle, they could focus on the grapics, cause, i think i speak for everyone when i say

I think i speak for everyone in the forum by saying "SHUTUP", although i do speak for everyone but i still say shut-a-upper your face

Best answers
Big Bang Attack said:
I think i speak for everyone in the forum by saying "SHUTUP", although i do speak for everyone but i still say shut-a-upper your face
Cold-blooded...
I LOVE IT!...
-Kamehameha look pretty d*mn good to me...
Then again I'm not a Goku, Krillen,etc. fan...
Maybe they'll be more interested..afterall..they make the game..not me!

WHO HA!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Big Bang Attack said:
No need to flame the guy... his oppinion is just as valid as yours, just you decided to go off-topic and harsh.

Warning :warning:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yedi said:
Well i was hoping once the team finished the advanced melle, they could focus on the grapics, cause, i think i speak for everyone when i say that the kamehameha thats being held in the characters hands if preety lame, also i think the ctdb mode should be finished.

thats about it
keep up the good work
Speak for yourself.

Teh kamehameha is teh pwnage. Turn your resolution up a bit, the "graphics" and overall sharpness will greatly improve. And i dont know why you guys are trying to give the esf team a heart attack, i mean esf 1.2 is almost finished, they release is coming soon, why start talking about 1.3 already!?! i mean are guys really trying to give them a heart attack?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think youre over exadurating a bit raiko. since 1.2 is basically done, whats so bad abotu talking abotu 1.3? you would have a better chance of getting your ideas in earlier than if you suggested stuff later.

oh, and turning ur your hraphics doesnt do anything to the kame sprite. dunno how you can call it pwnage, its just a glowing ball. (dunno bout 1.2)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.....nvm m8. Im just saying the kamehameha is just fine the way it is. And the reason im saying dont get worked up about 1.3 is it may give the a heart attack, ya know? like "wow, all of these people already want esf 1.3" "ya i know, its crazy i hope we dont let them down". kinda like that, like a stress thing, like why stress the team out. but thats jsut me, i honsetly dont think you guys should stress the team out over 1.3. but w/e do as you wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom