Speed for Melee in 1.2

Best answers
I was wondering how quick the advanced melee will be, because from the screenshots it seems to be a slow process where you're standing there for 10-15 seconds just setting up combos...

help appreciated!

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehehe..
slow.. hmm.. the only time it gets slow is when you charge a spirit bomb or a final flash.. other than that.. your will never stay still..

Best answers
i saw that esf combo 1 video on esfstuff or esfworld.

first u fly to the guy, hit him with a pair of punches, then he gets stun time, and u get a bar where u type in several kicks and punches.

its kinda long... can u just make 1 punch, and then ends the bar? or does the bar has to charge full?

because for me its kinda long how they just stand there doing nothing (the models)

Best answers
I think they said something about the models just kinda sitting there and they will fix it eventually (ie. add some kind of filler I dunno like them going back and forth fighting while you do the combos)

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
The finished version will be faster than what you saw in the video, it was kept slow in the beginning to make it simpler and allow the testers to find any bugs.

.. Or so I've been told.. :]

Best answers
And looking at the manual, there appears to be cvar settings that you may alter when making your own server to have the melee speed time you want :)

am_prepunch_delay : 0.200
am_prepunch_delaystruggle : 0.100
am_prepunch_driftspeed : 280
am_prepunch_max : 12
am_prepunch_maxstun : 6
am_prepunch_mincombo : 3
am_prepunch_stunperpunch : 0.750
am_strongrange : 1.350
am_struggle_arrowtime : 0.500
am_struggle_enddelay : 1.500
am_struggle_maxarrows : 6
am_struggle_maxextanges : 2