All-seeing eye

Best answers
Can i still use The All-Seeing Eye with 1.2? I mean... Steam kinda sux... Or is All-Seeing Eye same as WON?

Best answers
Great! Steam is quite... confusing compared to A-SE

Best answers
FESFF said:
Can i still use The All-Seeing Eye with 1.2? I mean... Steam kinda sux... Or is All-Seeing Eye same as WON?
Steam sucked, 6 months ago. It's pretty damn stable now. Installation is a little tricky, but once thats all done well and stuff, it's faster, and looks better then WON :]

1.2 might work with ASE, depends if it can use WON and Steam, though I'd imagine there to be a conflict with the two if you tried. Not sure, havn't really used ASE much with HL games.

Best answers
Well, at least ASE works with 1.1 so why wouldn't it work with 1.2?

Best answers
people, all seeing eye is a server browser ffs, it scans for servers on won as far as I know, so if esf 1.2 will be on won, and it has already been explained more then once that it will be, then all seeing eye will probably update its filters and scan and find 1.2 game servers.

Best answers
Because 1.2 was designed around steam, not won, so there might be lots of errors and stuff for won version. And if ase uses won, then you might have problems.

Best answers
Well... maybe i try to learn to use Steam, then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The all seeing eye works for steam servers as well.

Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
The all seeing eye works for steam servers as well.
that even strengthens my opinion that this thread is worthless,
if u dont know what steam,won or all seeing eye are, go find out, dont open threads to ask about the difference between them or what they are or will they work, once u know what they are u can use logic, which most of the members here dont have unfortunately !

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dixing said:
that even strengthens my opinion that this thread is worthless,
if u dont know what steam,won or all seeing eye are, go find out, dont open threads to ask about the difference between them or what they are or will they work, once u know what they are u can use logic, which most of the members here dont have unfortunately !
While the thread should probably be in help or off topic . . . you should definately not be deciding for the Moderator staff as to which threads are useful or appropriate and those that are not. I will thank you to continue to keep your opinions on others threads and posts to yourself unless you intend to use the "Report to Moderators" button.

For future notice, posts containing this level of caustic behavior will result in a warning for you.

Do I make myself clear?

Best answers
I am jst trying to help, sorry if I made it sound too agressive, but really a lot of people come to this section just to ask "what is steam,what is ASE, what is won" .
those threads dont belong here, and in my opinion anywhere else, there are enough explanations to go around for people who wish to know what those things are, and finally I havent decided anything, I simply said I think this thread is useless, and I am not the only one who thinks that I'm sure.
so I hope I wasnt too agressive, but u should try to be more nice too, being moderator with 3000 plus posts doesnt give u permission to be agressive to other members, as I was only trying to help.

Best answers
All-Seeing Eye will work with WON and Steam. When you want to use it with 1.2 installed on Steam, I'd imagine you just go to the Half-Life Steam section and there should be a nifty ESF folder right in there. Those ASE people don't miss a thing as far as Half-Life mods go.

Also, you can use ASE for browsing WON and Steam servers at the same time. Steam Half-Life and WON Half-Life are two seperate programs, there's no conflict between them at all. Unless, of course, you install Steam to your WON folder... Then you may have a problem or two. :p

P.S. Since that was such an insightful and kindly post, can I pleeeeeease beta test 1.2?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dixing said:
I am jst trying to help, sorry if I made it sound too agressive, but really a lot of people come to this section just to ask "what is steam,what is ASE, what is won" .
those threads dont belong here, and in my opinion anywhere else, there are enough explanations to go around for people who wish to know what those things are, and finally I havent decided anything, I simply said I think this thread is useless, and I am not the only one who thinks that I'm sure.
so I hope I wasnt too agressive, but u should try to be more nice too, being moderator with 3000 plus posts doesnt give u permission to be agressive to other members, as I was only trying to help.
I am an adminsitrator, not a moderator. Would you like me to serve you milk and cookies before I give you a non-athoritive lecture on posting policy? As you said yourself . . . forum policy is posted, look around and find it, then read it. When you understand the forum AUP and follow it, you have nothing to fear from me.

Additionally, my post count has nothing to do with my behavior. I was nice; did you recieve a warning for your obviously not helpful post?

No.

Leave it at that. If you wish to contact me further on this matter, use the private message system.

Back on topic.

Best answers
Chrono, thx. I really prefer to All-Seeing Eye, 'cos it's so easy to use. And yes, i've seen that A-SE finds Steam AND WON servers. I installed both of them and i looked what servers they could finds and then looked at the Eye list. All the WON and Steam servers were there. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom