Help installing

Best answers
I have unzipped the beta 1.1 into the C:/sierra/halflife folder and when i click no it to install it sometimes it doesn't work at all and others when it does, it just says it has an error with an installation file or something please HELP !!!

Best answers
First: plz learn how to write english.

And then, you said "sometimes it doesn't work" <- means, you install it every time new ?

And please, tell us which error message is displaying.

Best answers
right i know my english isn't very good at the moment since its 12:40 so thanks for pointing that out, well by sometimes it doesn't work: i mean i tried installing it but when the error appeared i tried again and again ill write out the error - INSTALL an 1/0 error occured while installing a file. this is normally cauased by bad instalation media or a corrupt instalation file. please can you help me, thanks in advance.
Jeb

Best answers
Ah, ok. Your hardware is out of order (crashed). I had the same prob a long time ago - it's your RAM or your mainboard. Just check it.

Best answers
i just fixed it up, something to do with mp3 files but it all installed fine now. but now i dont know how to run the game lol how do you start it up? join a serve etc

Best answers
ok i hear all this stuff bout steam and won but i dont rly understand it, do i need to download steam and put it in the esf folder in my half life folder or what? someone pls explain. thanks in advance.
Jeb

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you have half-life installed, you can play ESF on won.
if you want to play it on steam, download steam at www.steampowered.com

ESF beta 1.2 is only tested on steam, so if you encounter problems using 1.2 on won, the team wont support those problems.
to cut this short, steam would be the main program 1.2 servers will be running on.

you can also download All Seeing Eye, shortly said ASE you can download ASE here:
www.udpsoft.com/eye/
ASE is a server browsing program that will easily allow you to search for servers

hope this helpes you

Best answers
right i got all that sorted now but its saying my Cd-key is invalid when i try and join a server !?!!?!?! goddamit i get the feeling someone doesn't want me to play this game. the cd key is legit

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it could be that someone else is using that key, and therefor got it blocked by steam/halflife. or maybe you have mistyped it

Best answers
ok i uninstalld the game and reinstalled it to re-type the cd-key but now it isn't asking for one it jus says your cd cannot be used with VALVe or something

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe uninstalling steam would work, thats the only thing i can think of right now, my appoligies for not beeing able to help you any further

Best answers
well it wont let me retype my cd-key at all nbot even when i reinstall it it doesn't ask for a new cd key, it uses the old one which i may have typed wrong how can i change it ?

Best answers
Jebiah said:
i just fixed it up, something to do with mp3 files but it all installed fine now. but now i dont know how to run the game lol how do you start it up? join a serve etc
I had exactly the same problem with the installer - could somebody check the WON installer and see if it works? (the full version!)

Best answers
im past that problem now and now i have a new one, IT WONT LET ME RE-TYPE MY CD KEY even when i uninstall it still just uses the old one which i have obviously typed wrong !! please heeelp :'(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if i remember it correctly sierra utilities holds up the cd-key, uninstalling that might work.
further you can edit your register. regedit and then type some numbers of your cd-key to find it, maybe then you can find the error

Best answers
right i can't get that to work and still this isn't working im getting really stressed out over this, all i want to do is change my cd key so that it works and play the damn game but noooo it wont let me change the cd key no matter what i do can someone give a detailed explanation on how to do this ??!!?! im actually diing here

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I´ll try:

click start -> run -> type "regedit" -> ctrl + f -> type a part of youre cd code there, -> enter -> look if you can find the cd-code, f3 is browsing for next hit. if you find it, look on your cd-case and compare those 2.

if it is already the same, then i´m out of suggestions, if you have more questions try to pm me, cause else we would post nothing then 2 person conversations, and thats why they invented the PM.

this thread dragged on to long already

Best answers
does anyone know where i can download esf and im new so tke it easy!

Best answers
you can try just deleting the entire game manualy, that should do the trick.
now try installing again, with the correct cd-key.
and there is the chance that if a friend gave it to you,
he might be using that cd-key,the same if you burned it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom