ESF 1.2 questions

Best answers
I have a question that may be hard to answer if you're not a tester:

I understand the new melee system has grown to become more applicable to new people. I am wondering if you can get very skillful at it and beat down people easier (on the level of 1.0-1.1 melee, skill cracking down on people.)

Best answers
I think so, yes. Cuz, if a player hasn't much expierience with the meele system, or hasn't good reflexes to block, you can knock him off easily ;)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can always get faster and learn how to confuse people more effectively in melee, as well as master your teleportation and swoop capabilities so that you always get in the first shots. Can you master 1.2 to the same level as you could master 1.1? Not really. Arguing logically the addition of slight randomization to the melee variable system makes *some* things into a toss-up. It's often simple to logically deduce multi-arrow icons for what they really are but not always, and you can lose melee struggles and get hit by some combos that way.

It's still possible to become a whole lot better than everyone else you're playing with, but you will still take the occasional hit.

Best answers
And hopefully, that will bring a whole new crowd of people to esf....right now the learning curve for new players is incredibly steep as everyone whose playing has gotten so good theyre just owning people left right and center.

Best answers
Look at the score, grOOvy kicked their behind's.
The fact that he had such a score says enough, you are able to get skilled and easily beat down people.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pluse dont worry because in 1.2 there will still be 1.1 melee just double tap swoop. and hold your left mouse button. : p

Best answers
I'm sure you won't be able to follow them with swoop, its just not effective since you don't lock on to them, they can fly any direction and you can just go in one untill you change.

Best answers
XXX said:
The fact that he had such a score says enough, you are able to get skilled and easily beat down people.

{Image here}
Nonetheles, he did die as much as everyone else did, or at least around half. Maybe except Masta because he joined late.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just 1.1 without locking and the ability to move instantly in one direction. It's just as easy if not easier to follow them because of the ability to instantly change direction.

Best answers
RaVe said:
Nonetheles, he did die as much as everyone else did, or at least around half. Maybe except Masta because he joined late.
so thats good.....now we wont have a bunch of super good players owning whole servers and wont have a bunch of new players frusrated with gettin combo'd across the map....LoL im part of the latter group,,in case you cant guess :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
XXX said:
The fact that he had such a score says enough, you are able to get skilled and easily beat down people
He's not dominating anything, he's just facing easy opponents... The team doesnt play too much, and i had to leave ( I went spec ) to eat dinner. When I came back everyone was ssj, and when I switched back to my team, my PL reset to default ( Gokus starting PL ).

Best answers
groovy was not only winning, he was winning alone.
look at the scoreboard. he did most of the kills for hes team.
and you say the team doesnt play much? i cant wait to get my friend that trains a lot against them... hihihi....

Best answers
Well 1.1 melee wont be same in 1.2. I mean when you both swoop to using basic melee attack its different then. And if you just swoop forward is that enough to catch enemy? Or is now using mouse to turn impossible? And now when targeting is gone is good chance to attack fast to new enemy(without problem lock the enemy)....Yes i think its very possible to be pro in this melee. You just have to be good in those mouse directions(melee struggle both doing pre-punches etc. Not sure about both doing pre-punches) Is that screenshot kind of old? I mean i dont even see those new explosions and prozac had good scores too(so groovy didnt did all the work)

Best answers
i might have another question concerning throwing.
as far as i understand a thrown player will do dmg on a player when they collide and he will stick to a wall if he hits one but whats happening if this players hits an destroyble item? will he be stuck in mid-air or wont the wall be destroyed?

Best answers
chris109 said:
pluse dont worry because in 1.2 there will still be 1.1 melee just double tap swoop. and hold your left mouse button. : p
It's right mouse button now ;/

Best answers
It always was right mouse button; left mouse was for targeting and swooping. Because we now have double-tap swooping, left mouse will be used for something else... though I'm not sure what exactly.

Best answers
Was it? I haven't played ESF since beta 1 (except this past month, I got to play alittle 1.2) so I don't remember; always thought it was left mouse. *shrugs* You guys will like 1.2 though, it's a lot more involved then just flying at someone holding down a button. :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barkarot said:
Well 1.1 melee wont be same in 1.2. I mean when you both swoop to using basic melee attack its different then. And if you just swoop forward is that enough to catch enemy? Or is now using mouse to turn impossible? And now when targeting is gone is good chance to attack fast to new enemy(without problem lock the enemy)....Yes i think its very possible to be pro in this melee. You just have to be good in those mouse directions(melee struggle both doing pre-punches etc. Not sure about both doing pre-punches) Is that screenshot kind of old? I mean i dont even see those new explosions and prozac had good scores too(so groovy didnt did all the work)
well the only thing different is that you wont target. so they will be a little harder to see because you wont see a red box around them. also what will be different you know how now you cant swoop if your like 5 feet near them. well now you can swoop when ever you want so im assuming that even if your right next to someone you can swoop where ever you want. instead of having to teleport away first, then go after them

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i think you can get even more skilled like in 1.1
i mean if you learn how to combine your swooping and after image teleports you can realy confuse someone and do some great combos

Best answers
Basic Melee vs. Basic Melee:When two(2) players swoop at each other, both holding the secondary mouse button(right click))Both players hit each other and are knocked back.

Chris you forgot something or is that changed now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom