ESF 1.2 progress how much time?(not asking how much time until it is released)

Best answers
There was another topic like this, but I don't think the person asking the question was asking when it would be released.

How much time does the ESF Team Spend daily on making 1.2? I think that was what the question was suppose to ask (or how much time have they spend on 1.2 since they began the project, not ESF as a whole project, but since they started adding 1.2 stuff). Maybe you guys misunderstood the question?

And actually I thought it would be interesting to find out how much time the ESF team spends daily tweaking and testing everything.

Best answers
i feel bad for u...i agree wit u but somone is gonna **** on u for this. ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE!!!!!!!!lol :D

Best answers
its been in developement ever since 1.1 was realeased...which was around a year ago..give or take a few months

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i11hkyplayer said:
i feel bad for u...i agree wit u but somone is gonna **** on u for this. ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE!!!!!!!!lol :D
did you even read his post? hes asking how much time (probly out of the day) does a developer actually work on esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, esf 1.1 was released november 27th 2002, so do the math :p

Best answers
originally posted by MP:
did you even read his post? hes asking how much time (probly out of the day) does a developer actually work on esf.

yes i did i think it is a good question but reading the other topic esf1.2...people misunderstood the question....now im waiting for somone else to misunderstand this topic.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
1.0 was November 28, 2002 released

1.1 was May 17, 2003 released

So 1.2 shouldn't be to long =P

But really....they released a manual, so what do you think -.-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh yeah, 1.0 was november.
And i remember the team saying they had already started working on 1.2 before 1.1 came out (like a month before) :)

Best answers
You guys tend to drift from topic don't you?

Anyways.. I think most of the ESF developers spend atleast 2-3 hours in one day testing, tweaking, and fixing ESF. I may be wrong with that estimate... hopefully someone can give us a better estimate.

Best answers
Bah , Thats how long it took to <u>release</u> not how much time they work a day on it , i would say over 4-5hr's ,only a team member can answer this question

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to let you knwo your asking the same exact question as that other post, and its most likely going to get closed just the same. I mean does it really matter how much they work on it. the point is they work on it and do an excellent job. you see the pictures of them ingame. so you know they work hard on it. and to know the fact that they arent getting paid and still have to run a normal life with a job and stuff.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can imagine not as much time as many would like them too. A little binge coding/graphics here and there but it most definately does not take up most of their time.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
and different for each day :p

Best answers
Has that little progress page thing for 1.2 been updated recently? The one that tells you how much the team has done on each feature.
eg.
Advanced Melee - Being tested.
Friezas telekinesis - Coding done
etc.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All he's asking for is the amount of time the team spends on esf daily. It's a bit trivial and probably a waste of time to ask, but it would be kinda interesting to know how devoted the gods of esf are.

Best answers
Most probable life in a MOD dev's life :

Most likely spend around 3-4 hours a day tweaking, optimizing, etc. on seperate intervals for the coding

Then spend sometime between 30min - 1 hour to stress test (longest stress test I have done was 2 hrs, but was someone's elses project and was scrapped and was just to test HLDS compatibility)

But combining what FreeDoM and DJ-Ready said, it depends on what day you actually specify :)

Sometimes they could have a crapload of free time and work on it all day. Sometimes they have as much time as a pinhead and barely be able to work on it.

The true answer : We don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom