1.2 scripts..

Best answers
ok ive seen clips of 1.2....and i wasn wondering....wont scripts kinda ruin the game once it comes out...i mean ive heard from alot of people that sctripts are gonna be used alot!!...and dont u kinda think that defeats the whole purpose?....i mean really..if this happens and everyone doies use scripts...wont it make it kinda boring...it will end up ebing a match o0f whose scripts work better and not who has the more skillz...so is the ESf team putting something in to prevent scripts or what?

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
where did you hear this, i didnt hear anything of that sort. who told you, or if its in the forums what forum. and think of this Chang if you can beat a guy who has scripts you are truely a good fighter ;)

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
theres nothing we can do about it. just dont play it :/

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Isn't there something that can be coded in to prevent scripts? I've heard ghp (another dbz mod) coded in somthing that prevents people from using them. Why not do the same with esf? It seems like scripts will be badly abused in 1.2 so somthing has to be done.

where did you hear this, i didnt hear anything of that sort. who told you, or if its in the forums what forum. and think of this Chang if you can beat a guy who has scripts you are truely a good fighter
From what i've heard/saw of 1.2, scripts will be veryy hard to beat in 1.2. It won't be like teleport scripts in 1.1 (although they'll still have that), it will be press one button and your whole combo is done. This will take a lot of the skill out of 1.2 imo.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Scripts won't work too well in 1.2. Your better off doing it yourself.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf....1.2 didnt even come out yet and people are already trying to ruin it? The point of the game is to develop skill and become an exceptional fighter. What the hell is the point of playing if a single button does most of the work for you....

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Teleport Scripts will not work in ESF 1.2, according to PCJoe.

Using Mr. Satan's bind to a key to teleport many times, won't work, binding teleport to your mousewheel will not work either. There's a small time limit for teleporting now, so people can't abuse this feature.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
binding teleport to your mousewheel will not work either. There's a small time limit for teleporting now, so people can't abuse this feature.
oohh .... is that so eh ... then im wondering how i ONLY use the mousewheel to teleport ...
so next time dont tell stuff unless you actually know about them - know = u tested it out.

although using the mousewheel to teleport isnt a script or concidered cheating :p

Best answers
lol...even if there was a way to work around the thing that keeps scripts from working very well...isnt there the possibility of making a program wich identifies and removes a scriptuser?

ive seen them do it @ a CS server, so it should be possible for esf too right?

Best answers
Using scripts in 1.2 would be worthless, because you can block just block them by pressing the corresponding arrow.

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
oohh .... is that so eh ... then im wondering how i ONLY use the mousewheel to teleport ...
so next time dont tell stuff unless you actually know about them - know = u tested it out.

although using the mousewheel to teleport isnt a script or concidered cheating :p
I'm not talking about clicking it in, or using the mousewheel to teleport once.

I'm talking about the "instant" teleport which uses all of your energy in one burst, and you teleport 10 times in a second.

That's supposed to be blocked by placing a small limit on how often you can teleport. And, using the mousewheel, at least according to Joe, to do the instant-10 times teleport, is abusing it's original intention.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I use the mousewheel to teleport simply because I can do it with my right hand instead of moving my left to do it. That way I can concentrate on getting the hell out of the way with my left :p

-Karrde-

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
:p i always remove that lil tiny pin under the mousewheel so i can just spin it and it still spins for like 2-3 seconds ... so its not that hard to teleport 10 or more times in a second. but anyways, thats not the point. so called combo scripts for 1.2 would be damn useless and a waste of time. the stun time is no constant value so it depends on the prepunches how much time you have for your combo, and thats what makes the scripts useless.

Best answers
i think i will miss the wheelmouse teleport.... its fun cause if u need to get away from something u can

Best answers
But about the combos I heard they are random... so scripts can't do them...

Best answers
:/

I guess I have to let it out to everyone

Due to the way ESF's combo system works, combos are NOT posible, as you'll be pulling off the weakest of atack that rarely giveout a multidirectional arrow. Meaning it can be countered by hand.

That, and what DJ-Ready said, makes it a LOT tougher to write into a script. Besides, it's easier to do it manually than rely on scripts.

Plus, you can't time wait commands, you'd have to put in about a hundred or so just to pause it for a second. And doing that will overflow your client.

Retired Forum Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I asked PCjoe, he said he already added the 1.2 limiter, so you can't teleport 10 times in one second, like people were abusing the mousewheel bind for.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Whats wrong with teleporting 10 times in 1 sec? Its not cheating or anything. Its just something people use when trying to get away from or to an enemy. Its not as menacing as you may think....

Sound Artist
Best answers
Theres a .15 delay on teleporting. Basically, you can use it to get out of the way of explosions but you can no longer just appear in someones face and melee. Teleport wasn't meant to be used that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom