got some downloading probs

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i try downloading the steampack from the site, but it says that it cant connect to the file and it keeps saying that

then i go to esf networkx en try dling it there, but when i try dling it there it constant says it cant find the page and all other downloads from esf networks also keeps saying that it cant find the page, so i hope someone could fix this :fight:

**edit**

sorry just noticed that i posted in ESF chat instead of Help, so dont flame me for that ;/ stupid slow internet connection sometimes even though i ahve cable.... X_x

Best answers
do u really need the steam pack .... i dont know wats in it but if u had it on won porting across worked for me

esf networkx... is that esf world

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u dont need the steam pack, but i would still like to have it, won is getting old so thats why i want steam since there are probly more servers online then just the old won....and yes it is esf world

Best answers
Ehh are you actually talking about Steam only or the custom installer for ESF to install into Steam?

If you're talking about downloading Steam, you shouldn't get the Steampack just yet, because the Steampack itself doesn't have Steam.

Follow the links here to the Steam download. Most preferred download is the HL+Steam bundle for minimum support.
http://www.steampowered.com/

BTW, don't get the 600kb Steam installer unless yuou have something along the lines of a T1 internet connection.

Once you've gotten Steam, installed, get the Steampack (if downloads are getting corrupted, try using a DL accelerator like FlashGet or DownloadAcceleratorPlus) and install it right away. THis should get Steam working.
HINT : If downloads are still getting corrupted, you should try and ask someone else to try and download the file as well to see if the site hosts a corrupted file. If it does contact the site author. If it doesn't it's most likely on your side, probably your ISP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom