Have any good ideas come form the suggestion fourms?

Do any really good ideas come from the suggestion fourms?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• NO

• Total voters
Best answers
I'm just wondering....... thats all

P.S STOP posting suggestions on this thread, including FUSION too! :S :warning:

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In short, yes they have.

Plenty of suggestions that have been posted in the suggestions forum have been either implemented or tweaked and then implemented.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see most suggestions either,

1-"This idea is stupid! And unbalanced! Never would work!"
2-"This idea is stupid, and it was already brought up before! Use search!"
3-"Yes, we already had this idea and we'll be implementing it at a later date."

Best answers
For the most part, Alea is right. Well over 90% of the suggestions are either crappy, or have been mentioned before. The last good idea I saw came from Shadow, and it was his CTDB suggestion. It was very well thought out, and he thought about it from as many angles as he could. I can see that making it into ESF someday o_O

Best answers
SoulStriker said:
For the most part, Alea is right. Well over 90% of the suggestions are either crappy, or have been mentioned before. The last good idea I saw came from Shadow, and it was his CTDB suggestion. It was very well thought out, and he thought about it from as many angles as he could. I can see that making it into ESF someday o_O
I agree with you that 90% of the suggestions are either crappy, or have been mentioned before. But, also get shot down. I came up with a cell shaded idea, but it was mentioned and it looks crappy in the mod anywayz and my other idea was the character editor thing. I wasn't sure about the thing, but I just closed the tread anywayz. A couple of andmistrators were agenist the idea of it. :\ Character editor link cell shaded idea Don't post anything in the cell shaded thread, I want to close it also.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's hard to suggest something new now

Alot of stuff has either been suggested before or has been implemented or is being

There are also the suggestions that come from stuff outside the DBZ movies which will never get it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The top five annoying suggestions:
1.) "Fusion! (one player controls attacks other controls movement...wtf?)"
2.) "Fusion! (characters as one model)"
3.) "Majin Suicide Attack!!!"
4.) "omg Tien/Yamcha/17/18/Goten/[any movie character]"
5.) "Make for have to lsliekhj shdys ahfyt fior goodsniess" and no one has any idea what the hell the guy asks...

The most aggravating thing is all the new forumgoers who post after being drawn in by the impending 1.2 release. They amalgamate all of the above...sometimes make suggestions that look like this:

"for have us to get would b soo0o0o0o0o0o good...teh Brolli mode! and for oter godod idearsis for to have fusions! also tien is awesome IMO hehehe [insert annoying triplicate smilies here]"

Best answers
If a RPG verson of ESF comes out, Brolli mode would be an alsome cheats code!

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's another thing

OMG MAKE IT A RPG JUST LIKE DMZ IS @_!

Or Brolli, HAHA OMG ADD BROLLI HE IS LIEK THE COOLEST PERSON EVER. EVEN COOLER THEN MY DAD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
roofles. There have been quite a few good suggestions that are mentioned on that forum. Usually though, there at least a few paragraphs long. You never see a good suggestion comprised of only two sentences like:
"OMFGZ, ther shud B more tranzz like u kno ssj2. plz thnk bout it!!!!111!!!1111oneoneone111!!!one!!!!!!"
People usually just blurt out the first thing that comes to the top of their head, without considering that it might have been suggested a few thousand times already. Some things will never change.

Best answers
The thread should have a some sort of reconition list(by ratings) for anyone that comes up with a good idea. It would make sense..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have seen a lot of good suggestions. i mean the esf team didnt think of the advanced melee. someone posted about it. and the esf team liked it and then tweaked it a little. i even read a thread that a person made about it and pcjoe loved it. So yeah i see some good suggestions. i havent seen any in a long time though

[EDIT]
Fusion would be cool yes. but it would make the game too unbalanced and no fun to play. and it would be abused greatly.

Best answers
I have a suggestion, ESF Kidz!!!!1! Erm, wait, thats been done already hasint it? Anyway, another dead horse is Destructable Terrain. Half-Life, 'Nuff said.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The last suggestions I remember being implemented was waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the alpha days. Krillin's scattering beam, which I translated for harS, because he refused to put it in as the Kakusan Ha. I remember the attack of mini fireballs that Piccolo used against A18 being mentioned in the alpha days. They get listened to, though the high garbage content in that forum nearly kills it off as far as staff is concerned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
basicly for every 1 idea thats good there are 569 billion ****ty dumb ideas and half of thoes are the same

Best answers
wasnt Generic ball one of these Suggestion that got into the game?

i remember that post it had like 1000+ replies :laff:

Best answers
For 1.2, the generic ball and the idea to change buu's the chocolate in buu's cookie attack made it in. Another decent idea I found is the releasing controlled attacks in a ps against projectiles, that might make it in later. Halorin had some influence on Joe in designing the advanced melee.

When reading the suggestions forums, I usually skip the threads with character suggestions, fusion ideas, crappy titles (teh best idea evah!!!!, something i came up with last night, esf team read this, etc) or non-existing interpunction (i love the pre-read function on the forums). This leaves 1 or 2 threads a day that I'll actually read and might find something usefull in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom