Custome animations?

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i was wondering for those that animate, like me, can replace some animations in 1.2 as easy as i can in 1.1? or if there a new way of imputing them or are they still basic smd's and QCs. not saying that 1.2 animations are going to suck, just a thought i had off the top of my head.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Cell? O_O It's teh me!)

I'm sure you can replace the animations just as easy as in 1.1, just there are a ton of them.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, just as easy.. you just gotta decompile the right character you want :)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well ive heared there are like 200-400 anims, correct me if im wrong.
but i also heared that you guys couldnt compile all animations so you did something to make it work, not sure what though...
can someone explane to me please?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
worked perfectly fine with neo and smith when i did it

no differnt than a normal hl model

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
well ive heared there are like 200-400 anims, correct me if im wrong.
but i also heared that you guys couldnt compile all animations so you did something to make it work, not sure what though...
can someone explane to me please?
We used a new technique to load the models server + clientside. Instead of using the player.mdl as the 'master model', every model can now act like it's own player.mdl, using it's own frame rates and own animation orders.
The difference? Before every character had to have every animation in the same exact order, even if they never used the attack. Now we can give the characters just the animations they need... So for example, we no longer have to give goku the deathball, special beam cannon, final flash, etc...
The only disadvantage is that we need to precache the models rather then have the engine precache and load them on the fly ( or however the hell it handles it ). This means you can no longer change the models to ones that arnt default ESF ones... Probably just going to make it really hard for mods like EVM to switch to ascended models.
I also still use the player.mdl file ONLY for advanced melee. The only reason being is that advanced melee speeds heavily depend on the speed of the animations, and we dont want players to be meleeing faster then others...

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh, i understand pretty much, thanks for the answer

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snake101 said:
As in: you made a Neo and Smith model???
as in i made some work with 1.2 animations yeah

anyway as joe said making model replacements isnt hard at all same exact way as before and in hl and everything else its only when ur trying to add on more models that arnt apart of the game is where its gonna get tricky

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
guess that means i got some things to messa round with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom