1.2 Release. A question about the release (Other than when)

Best answers
How will the ESF team go about releasing 1.2?

Will we just open the website one day and bam mirrors are lined up and a big heading saying its out. Or when the team thinks it will definately be done soon they will set a release for sometime in the future and release it then?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
previous releases were announced one week before the releasedate. so expect to see that announcement on the main page. after that its your/our jobs to promote is as much as we can in that week.

so there, happy :) now you also know your task in it :]

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is usually a release party on IRC too

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why does everyone want answers to these kinds of questions.. does it really matter? Here's how they'll release:

You'll open esforces.com one day and it'll say "1.2 released!" and will have some mirrors layed out. You'll click on one and eventually you'll download the game and install it. That's how >.<

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me hits Sonic with a stick

BAD MOD BAD

Also if you goto the release party on IRC you will usually get it earlier then people who wait for the site

Best answers
And the channels is where? quakenet, gamesnet? #esf? lol

Best answers
well i my guess about the diffrence of time is, about, something like ahh...
0.00001 milisec! you know that everyone will publish it EVERYWHERE.
on topic:i think they will say something a week be4, and then release it to the internet.
after that, you will wait for the rest of the world to download it, and install it ourself. simple right?

Best answers
That giving notice a week earlier thing is great, because it gives you notice but it won't let you down from the game being postponed.

Im not saying I want this to happen but i think it would be funny if the ESF team put up 1.2 for download but didn't tell anybody in announcements, they just slipped it into one of the forum conversations casually.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah that´s what i think actually.i mean if they announce it the forum will be crowded with "WOW RELEASAGE" threads.

oh and btw somehow the #esf server is always empty :p

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The AUP is old and hasn't had an Update in ages

Best answers
It's best not to announce...if they do, when they release it the servers that host the esf 1.2 setup file will be full and the download speed will suck ><

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's best to announce because then everyone gets it... Download speed won't suck because we're working with quality oktagon servers!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want ESF to increase in popularity (which the team does) advertising is key... people will know ahead of time. There'll be a big fuss made before the mod is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom