Y Not EVMwithESF huh?

Best answers
:laff: I just wuss wanting to no y not combind evm with 1.2 esf i mean evm has every thing esf needs 2ed and 3ed transformations 1 new move for each player goku has kaioken gohan has rage piccolo has regen and so on its perfect esf team should at least try evm1.2 and see what they thank you can even make a moon and grow big its awsome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, Evm is a mod for Esf. It won't work anyways, the Esf team would have to do the transformation and model work. And they have their hands full, plus, they would have to figure out a way to balance the transes, unlike Evm.

Best answers
*scratches head* can anyone explain what he said to me?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
DeclineFX said:
*scratches head* can anyone explain what he said to me?
He wants them to combine the best parts of EVM and 1.2 apparently.

That will never happen though. The team is planning to add in more transformations in 1.3.

Best answers
EVM will become useless in 1.2 , yes they have transformations and new characters but 1.2 will require each character to have a rediculous ammount of animations. if u want to combine evm with 1.2 it will send back the release date of 1.2 months and months to add the animations to the accended evm characters.

And + esf team wont add things from evm because evm is all scripted, im sure joe will be kicking himself if he puts scripts like that in the game instead of coding it properly.

Best answers
EVM is like the SSJ Script. They didn't combine the SSJ script with Alpha 2.0 becuase they were doing trans their way. The BETTER way. The same reason applies here. They'll do it their way, with better models, and better everything all round.

Besides, EVM sucks. :S

Best answers
Did I pass on to another demensions because That isnt English and I cant find any chinese word ether.

Best answers
that will be useless. EVM can make un balanced transes,
ESF cant. EVM is ****, ESF isnt.
too many animations, too many new models, etc etc...

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Myself said:
I would like to point out we didnt lock the models to stop any type of scripts or kill addon mods. DT posted a few months ago that we 'ran out of animations'. This is true, when you give every character every animation, like giving goku death ball, final flash, special beam cannon, you can easily double the amount of animations he actually needs. Due to HL's original design, you have to give every model the same exact animations in the same exact order.
I implemented a new model loading technique that basically allows you to only give characters the animations they need. It also allows each model to play animations at their own speeds, instead of being 100% independent on the evil "player.mdl."
The downside is that I need to precache all of the models when the game starts up, so I need to manually do like
PRECACHE_MODEL("player/goku/goku.mdl");
blah blah for all the models. Before the engine would precache them on the fly for you and not require you to precache manually at start, so you could change models whenever you wanted. NOW If you try to change to a model that wasnt precached, it crashes the server.
The only way I can see about fixing this is if i manually do a search in the models/player directory, precache all of the models in there, then keep a list of those precached models so players cant switch to a model that doesnt exist... sounds like a project for the beta 1.2 patch, or beta 1.3 ^_^
Nuff' said...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom