ESF SP?

Best answers
Ive seen some guys sig say ESF or EVM sp mod? ...what is that? any1 know a linkl, just wondering

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are both modifications of ESF made by fans who can't wait for more transformations to be put in for ESF. They change some models, add sprites, and changed things they didn't like. I'm fairly sure EVM and EEA will be broken when 1.2 comes out. I'm not sure of the links.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think there is a Single Player addon for ESF in the works.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, ESF 1.2 breaks EVM/EEA. Forget which post, but joe explained why. Due to the way models precache now.

-Karrde-

Best answers
I personally think its a great idea, not that I have anythign against EVM or EEA but Im sure ESF transformations will be way better :p (well for one you have smo now so ;))

Best answers
ssf is not based on esf.... afaik they're coding it themselves

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically because of a crashing bug related to non-precached models, the models have been locked to the current directory ones. So unless EEA/EVM can figure out a way to continue without changing models - there won't be any addons left in the next beta.

As for the links, stickies are your friends. . .

Also, ofcourse the team's hardcoded transformations will be better than the addons. Think of the addons as something to pass your time with (if you wish to in the first place) till the team releases beta 1.3 (the version which adds more transformations). The addons do indirectly promote ESF as well, so I've never minded the existance of such fan-based creations. Infact, I support one of them. :0

Best answers
Hobomaster said:
ssf is not based on esf.... afaik they're coding it themselves
They asked permission to use the alpha 2.0 code. So I assume there will be some esf stuff in it.

Best answers
SP is Serverpack. ESF you know that. EVM bad lagging mod with good transformations

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps just out of reasonable doubt I'm going to lock this now... it's turning into advertisement. Check the stickies and search google for more information as you need it. Answers have been given and I don't see a great reason to leave this open besides, people giving other people their opinions on each of the modifications.

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom