esf_cell_day Detail Textures

Best answers
Alright, I tryed making detail textures like in Condition Zero for the current maps and it turned out better than I expected. I started with the map esf_cell_day wich looks much better with detail textures.
Here are the pics, first one is NORMAL and the other one is DETAILED:

Download Here
If you want I can make more/or write a tutorial so you guys can use them on the current maps or on the maps you want to create.
ACTIVATING: After you put the files enter the game and in console type:
r_detailtextures 1 to have detail textures and
r_detailtextures 0 to turn them off
NOTE: This are not the DETAIL TEXTURES the team created and it's only FAN-MADE

Best answers
Yeah... 20 drop.. but I pretty saw all map there and the brush work is very complex.. so 67 is good. And you don't really see a difference between 90 and 70 fps :p

Best answers
Yeah but that'll make all the difference when there's more action going on, especially with the drop the FPS you may have noticed that beams, aura's and dust trails cause.

Best answers
It's not a must.. so who wants better graphics and has a good cpu and graphics card... should use it.

Best answers
Element4q2 said:
Yeah but that'll make all the difference when there's more action going on, especially with the drop the FPS you may have noticed that beams, aura's and dust trails cause.

if u dont like the fps drop because u wanna kill other guys, u dont need the detail textures because u fight another guy. u wont notice them while fighting.

if u like it then download it. but when fps drops u can turn it of with a simple command. its your choice. and u dont see a difference between 67 and 87.

i hate ppl that say that they can see the difference between 60 and 100. and now iam tired of that and i dont want to explain that to u

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference does not look that impressiveto me. I think i rather stick with a good fps.

Best answers
cold steel try in-game.. trust me ;)
and yes you can download it, extract it... and if you want them r_detailtextures 1 if u want them off r_detailtextures 0

Best answers
cold steel said:
The difference does not look that impressiveto me. I think i rather stick with a good fps.
Agreed. I can see a difference, but that difference isn't worth a drop of 20 FPS. Every single frame is precious to me when I only get 60 to begin with o_O

Best answers
SoulStriker said:
Agreed. I can see a difference, but that difference isn't worth a drop of 20 FPS. Every single frame is precious to me when I only get 60 to begin with o_O
You mean your max is 60? turn v-sync always off

Best answers
CS-LAND said:
You mean your max is 60? turn v-sync always off
Thanks, now it changes constantly between 70 and 40. Worse off in some ways, better in others (my FPS dosnt hit like 30 when I charge up or anything now :p)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Windows XP has internal limits on fps. In OpenGL, it's 60 fps. I believe for DirectX (DirectDraw and Direct3d) it's 75 fps.

There are patches you can download to override this obviously.

Best answers
SoulStriker said:
Thanks, now it changes constantly between 70 and 40. Worse off in some ways, better in others (my FPS dosnt hit like 30 when I charge up or anything now :p)
you owe me :D
Anyway back on topic

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team already included 24bit textures with 1.2. They are pretty and I'm sure you will enjoy them :)

Best answers
Yeah I hope so :D.
Imagine 24bit and detailtextures combined... well will look great, but fps will suck(a guess)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a visual improvement of course, but yeah, I would have guessed the team did this to all of their previous maps? Maybe not.
I'm not running the greatest rig, so I'd rather take the FPS, but thats just the way the system works. It's not your fault it reduces performance.

Best answers
Well yeah the concep of this detailtextures valve did to the hl enginge isn't the greatest. There are the .tga files that apply above the normal textures, so you kind of see 2 sets of textures.

Best answers
Get it only if you have something along the lines of a GeForce 6800 :p

Honestly, this won't be worth it, you'llbe too busy trying to save your arse rather than stare at the map itself while being plastered with KHHs,FFs, Sbs, and lasers.

Throw in the fact that ESF maps are open, this can lead to a lot of texture usage issues for older end cards. Luckily older end cards actually can'y support detail textures.

Besides, 24-bit textures are already good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom