ESF wont start as of 4-28-04

Best answers
It's 4/28 and stupid @$$ valve released one of their novel patches. When i attempt to start a ESF server, it kicks me out, no error message no nothing, my steam starts, also all of my cl_settings are gone and i cant reset them for some reason. Anyhow im pretty sure this is the doings of steam but just to make sure, is any1 expiriencing similiar dificulties?

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well um try getting rid of the patch.... if it worked before the patch. then im sure it will work if you delete it.... unless it automatically dled it... then i say REINSTALL, its always the best answer to most problems.or try using won for the time being. thats all i can really help you with, if these dont help you i suggest you ask someone else.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
steam always patches itself. after reinstalling it will automatically download the patch again :p
i'd go for reinstalling esf >_>

Coder - Harsens sidekick
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you can just wait until steam fixes its self.. reinstalling ESF wont do anything.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
lol..
true.. true..
why re-install ESF when steam is the one that changed? :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
perhaps steam messed something up with his esf ... a friend of me always has to restore his cfg whenever steam updates ... i dont know why but his cfg is always completely empty after a steam patch >_>

Best answers
now u know why everyone one thinks steam is *** cause steam screws u the f@ck over. THats is why steam is the biggest piece of sh!t ever made. In other words i would like to take the guy who made steam and kick him in the nuts and i would also like to kick steam in the nuts or completly put an incrypted worm in its systems.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
but the ESF team is focused on steam not won

Best answers
looks like we have someone else that couldnt get it to work....its sad to see someone get so violent over somethin so simple to fix...but hey...if u dont wanna switch over eventually u wont be playing anything...might not be any time soon but itll happen...then where u gonna be?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
[TMC]WheresWald said:
now u know why everyone one thinks steam is *** cause steam screws u the f@ck over. THats is why steam is the biggest piece of sh!t ever made. In other words i would like to take the guy who made steam and kick him in the nuts and i would also like to kick steam in the nuts or completly put an incrypted worm in its systems.
Don't avoid the word filter. Steam is just fine, and ESF 1.1 works perfectly for me...

Best answers
everything i install in steam works fine for me
just yesterday i had a prob logging in for bout 30 mins but that fixed itself

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had a problem with logging in and not being able to launch games in the last few days sence that update. Just waiting on another update...

Super Moderator
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
woker said:
u mean 28\4\2004
What is that? Honestly, who cares how he formatted his date. What was the point of spamming? People can format their date however they want. Have a warning for spam :warning:

Super Moderator
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
woker said:
actually i did that to cheak my new sigs
:D!
Sig tests are spam as well, and so was that, have another warning. Stay out of this thread unless you can actually help the guy fix his problem.

:warning:

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well..
ESF 1.2 works good for us.. when ever theres an update.. I dont seem to be getting any probs.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom