swoop reduction

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how much was the swoop speed reduced... it looks like 1/2 to me.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The speed was reduced. In beta 1.0-1.1 the swoop speed was x5 the players base speed. Now it's x3.7 base speed + init boost (which is x4.7 base speed). The new swoop actually starts really fast and slows down the further you swoop.

Best answers
thats pretty cool. it give you more of the feeling of a burst...not that ive played it or anything, but i guess it feels like that.

its little things like that that make this mod great.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sorta like the sound of that. and thanks Pcjoe for answering. but dont you think that because you slow down. people will swoop stop charge swoop and continue liek that. and one more thing. how long can you swoop. i think you should be able to swoop until you run out of ki if you want. not only that, but dont you think that at a certain point the whole "you loose speed the longer you swoop" should end at some point?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not quite, it takes quite a bit of KI to start a swoop, even more to "chain swoop."
Swoop time is 2.85 seconds.
i think you should be able to swoop until you run out of ki if you want. not only that, but dont you think that at a certain point the whole "you loose speed the longer you swoop" should end at some point?
No, I like our current swooping system. A lot of ideas people think are "great" dont end up as great as they thought once implemented ingame.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ohhh. well ok i understand. one more think (i hope :p) about swooping again. when you chain swoop, does the 2.85 seconds restart when you go into another direction?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
chris109 said:
ohhh. well ok i understand. one more think (i hope :p) about swooping again. when you chain swoop, does the 2.85 seconds restart when you go into another direction?

Yep. You begin to see the advantages of chain swooping and being totally mobile :p

-Karrde-

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe a cvar for maximum swoop time? 0 being infinite?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, not happening.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahh ok. so technically you can swoop as long as you want as long as before the 2.85 seconds is up you change your direction while chain swooping? correct? and i saw that in that swooping and chain swooping video you swooped? swept? down and up. what are the default keys for that? do you have to press Space twice to go up and / twice to go down? or did you change that? cuz i cant find 2 keys to swoop up and down.....

Best answers
chris109 said:
ahh ok. so technically you can swoop as long as you want as long as before the 2.85 seconds is up you change your direction while chain swooping? correct? and i saw that in that swooping and chain swooping video you swooped? swept? down and up. what are the default keys for that? do you have to press Space twice to go up and / twice to go down? or did you change that? cuz i cant find 2 keys to swoop up and down.....
To swoop up you would use jump (tap twice, holding the second time), and to go down you would use crouch as far as I can tell.

The manual should have that, im pretty sure what I said is right though :p

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah believe me i read that. but it doesnt say how to swoop up and down. at least i dont think. what button is crouch? and another thing. say you want to go near a person. and your not swoop you are just close to them. like watching 2 people fight. and some guy is right next to you. and you look at him. you wont attack him will you (if he is an enemy that is)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Double tap jump to swoop up, double tap crouch to swoop down.
And no, you wont attack him. You have to swoop directly into him with melee selected, or look at him and press secondary fire.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ahh ok and what button is crouch. cuz if im right my guess is shift and if its shift thats bad cuz when ever i press it a bunch of times that sticky keys thing comes up....

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Control by default, but you're free to assign your own controls.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh its ctrl hmm thats sort of hard to reach. what do you have your controls at? for swooping wise, and in the trailer when trunks went for buu and did 1.1 melee on him its not so much he seemed far away he seemed to far low to hit buu. does this mean in 1.2 that its easier to hit them with 1.1 because of the no target thing. or is that just because of the hit boxes?

PS- off topic to you pcjoe-do you play 1.1? yeah sorry im just fighting for a lost cause and chasing an impossible dream. and when 1.2 comes out will you (or any other member that made this mod) play? like with your fans

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
chris109 said:
oh its ctrl hmm thats sort of hard to reach. what do you have your controls at?
I use all the defaults...
chris109 said:
for swooping wise, and in the trailer when trunks went for buu and did 1.1 melee on him its not so much he seemed far away he seemed to far low to hit buu. does this mean in 1.2 that its easier to hit them with 1.1 because of the no target thing. or is that just because of the hit boxes?
The hit distance is slightly larger in beta 1.2, you shouldnt "slide" past your enemy as much now.

chris109 said:
PS- off topic to you pcjoe-do you play 1.1? yeah sorry im just fighting for a lost cause and chasing an impossible dream. and when 1.2 comes out will you (or any other member that made this mod) play? like with your fans
I havn't had 1.1 installed on my pc for about 1/2 a year now...
When we release new versions I play A LOT, probably a lot more then I should >_> I think it's really fun playing with the fans, so yeah, you'll probably see me here and there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
I havn't had 1.1 installed on my pc for about 1/2 a year now...
When we release new versions I play A LOT, probably a lot more then I should >_> I think it's really fun playing with the fans, so yeah, you'll probably see me here and there.
OMG really? so you mean i might actually see you on a server and be able to play with you or one of the peoples that made esf??? omg that would be sooooo cool. cuz i fought groovy but that was before he joined the esf team. i always wanted top play with either you, or mastasurf, or DT, or anyone really :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom