Question About "HOWing"..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before and flamming goes on and such about how newbie i am, ill admit im a newbie, but ive been reading some posts here and i pla lan with bots alot with ESF but i have no idea What HOWing is..
Anyone enlighten me please?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a term people made up by those who are annoyed by it for those who are good at ki management and hence they always win in head on fights. But that won't matter with 1.2.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
Before and flamming goes on and such about how newbie i am, ill admit im a newbie, but ive been reading some posts here and i pla lan with bots alot with ESF but i have no idea What HOWing is..
Anyone enlighten me please?
A term invented by Halorin, stands for "Head On Whoring" - commonly used in beta 1.1 by players who like to take advantage of the "whoever has more ki wins a head-on collision" factor in that beta. Example: It was popularly used by a clan full of monkeys. :rolleyes:

Beta 1.2 takes care of all this with it's advanced methods of dealing with head-ons.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so the "who had the most ki" determeined who won? ah now i see, i could never igure out what facter made me win

Best answers
Oh, so that's what HOWing is. Someone told me that HOW and LSM were the same, though I guess they are when you break it down...

Except LSMing is a LOT more annoying, where I barely get annoyed by HOWing (in part because I do it myself ^_^)

Best answers
I've tried burying this term countless times, but it seems the community has taken such a strong embrace to it that it's hear to stay. HOW'ing and LSM'ing are lame tactics that have less than a week to exist and I could not be happier about it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And remember trunks its not PL (the white nimber) its the KI (the blue bar) whos ever blue bar is more full is going to win. People get that confused

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
And remember trunks its not PL (the white nimber) its the KI (the blue bar) whos ever blue bar is more full is going to win. People get that confused
yeah i know the differnce. ok another question, whats LSMing? or whats LSM stand for, while were at it, any other esf terms i should know about too?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last Second Melee. Now that was cheap whereas HOW was just ki management no matter how annoying it might have been for players who liked rushing their opponent as opposed to playing more defensively. LSM basically meant you took advantage of a bug wherein if you pushed the button at the right time, you could melee someone who was swooping at you every time.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy said:
A term invented by Halorin, stands for "Head On Whoring" - commonly used in beta 1.1 by players who like to take advantage of the "whoever has more ki wins a head-on collision" factor in that beta. Example: It was popularly used by a clan full of monkeys. :rolleyes:

Beta 1.2 takes care of all this with it's advanced methods of dealing with head-ons.
HOW was invented by Hal, HOW was used in 1.0 when ping was the decideing factor in melee, you head on every time = you win every time.

Now in 1.1 sence "KI" is the decideing factor the LSM was invented (last second melee) So know if you just wait to swoop, you would have less ki thus winning you the fight.

I dont mind either, there easy to get around, you just need to pace your self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom