BitTorrent

Best answers
I agree. The more people download through BitTorrent, the faster the download will go.

Best answers
Quite true.
I think it would be a great idea. I'v heard alot of people bashing it, but its just like the WON vs. Steam. Bitorrent is the "new" thing on the market, but its a guarantee it will eventually be the way to download any file you want.

It would work great for a mod release. I plan on using it to save a crapload of bandwidth when the mod I work on gets released.

It would suit a release day (and a few days after) quite nicly. But after that, when no one is downloading it, it should be put onto 'normal' mirrors, so people can still download it (BT goes super slow when no one is downloading)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never heard of this. but doesnt kazaa and morpheus and things like that do the same thing? the more people dling it. the faster the download? so its liek that right?

Best answers
acctually with kazaa and morpheus and the like...the more ppl SHARE it the faster it goes...with bittorrent they dont have to have the entire file to share it...so like while they are dling they are sharing at the same time...the full files that are shared are called seeds...the more seeds and peers (ppl dling from the seeds) there are the faster the dl goes

Best answers
BITTORRENT!!! NOOOOO, WAY IT SUCKS. God, NO. I will NOT download hte new version if it comes to BitTorrent, that's so pathetic. It limits your download. You could be uploading more than your downloading it's retarded.

Best answers
dude...didnt we just say that the more ppl dl the faster u dl...that has nothing to do with your upload....if u have your upload set to 5k/s or whatever ur gonna upload at that no matter if u are dling or not...your dl speed depends on the amount of seeds and peers there are for that particular file u are dling...so apparently all the files uve tried have had crap for seeds and peers or u would be getting decent speeds

Best answers
Vakir74 said:
BITTORRENT!!! NOOOOO, WAY IT SUCKS. God, NO. I will NOT download hte new version if it comes to BitTorrent, that's so pathetic. It limits your download. You could be uploading more than your downloading it's retarded.
whats your point?

if they use bittorent, it probably wont be the only way to dowload 1.2...calm your ass down and go eat your cake.
just download it from a mirror, smart one.

Best answers
I know that, I'm just saying if BitTorrent was the only option available. I'm not an idiot.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cyfore said:
whats your point?

if they use bittorent, it probably wont be the only way to dowload 1.2...calm your ass down and go eat your cake.
just download it from a mirror, smart one.
NOOOO SMART ONE IS MY PHRASE! and go eat your cake was from hl radio :p HI CYFORE ok anywho on topic. so far you are telling me that the upload speed doesnt affect your dl speed.... so what does it matter? besides your only here to download esf 1.2 then your doe with it for ever (at least thats for me) and besides i dont think the esf team is going to use this bittorent thing. they will prolly use tthe usual esf-world file planet oktagon things like that

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bittorrent is only as fast as the users. The only limit is the users. If you get stuck downloading off of 56kers and are uploading to a cable, them's the breaks I guess. I think it's a good idea. I usually move pretty fast after I've been downloading for a few minutes.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Vakir74 said:
I know that, I'm just saying if BitTorrent was the only option available. I'm not an idiot.
Well obviously it wont be the only download option available so you just pick a mirror to download from.
Yeah it makes complete sense to have a bt dl for those who wanna use bittorent. Very handy for if the other links become overloaded and "broken"

Best answers
Ive suggest a few BitTorrent links to the team, so you might get it on there :eek:

Best answers
It does have something to do with the users yes. If your upload is super slow, your download speeds are capped off at some point. I dunno exactly how it works, but I get all my naruto ep's off it, and it usually goes like > 20 minutes for like 180 megs, so I figure thats pretty good. Minimize it and be gone, it dosnt suck the resources out of your comp like some download accelerators I know . . .

Anyway, chances are if they even did use BT, they would have mirrors for the other people who bash BT because there un-willing to change. Chances are that anyone who bashes BT probobly bashes Steam as well.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm thinking about setting up a BT download for the release. The only problem I forsee is not having many seeds. As soon as people finish their download they will want to play ESF and to avoid a high ping will turn BT off.

Best answers
"i feel the masta!"

i never even thought about that...that could present a problem cuz BT thrives on many people seeding and downloading. well i guess you all could just try it for 1.2 and see how it goes.

Best answers
Mastasurf, PLEASE. I beg of you to do not use BitTorrent Technology!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm with the BitTorrent idea all the way. I always get extremely high speeds off of it once I hang in there for a few minutes. And I don't think seeding will be too much of a problem, there's gonna be so many people donwloading 1.2 that there's bound to be someone seeding. Even a few works pretty well if there on super seed mode.

And Vakir, if they had a BT link, it's not like that would be the only one, there would be plenty of normal download servers as well.

Best answers
Mastasurf, PLEASE. I beg of you to do not use BitTorrent Technology!
Why not? We've already established it wouldn't be the only option. Why do you care what the rest of us do as long as you get your copy of 1.2 through the means you want?

Best answers
Bit Torrent rules, i use it for naruto alot, definatly put it in so we can get 1.2 from it!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom