"Beta 1.2 "Version Name

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, im confused of why they are calling the new release "Beta 1.2". Technically it shouldnt be a 1.x anymore. the .x is mainly for small fixes, addons and patches. Reason why this new release should be called "Beta 2.0" mainly because the advance melee is a Huge step alone, and completly changes how esf will be played now. Not to mention all the other Great addins.

by now, half of you are saying "who cares". With them outa the way now, im just saying this just to see if anyone gets what i mean.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta 2.0 is just 1.x but .1 after .9. It when from Alpha 2.0 to Beta 1.0 because of a complete redesign in the engine, models, sprites, mapping, and etc. Alpha 2.0 and Beta 1.0 don't even look similar (besides the beams)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
Beta 2.0 is just 1.x but .1 after .9. It when from Alpha 2.0 to Beta 1.0 because of a complete redesign in the engine, models, sprites, mapping, and etc. Alpha 2.0 and Beta 1.0 don't even look similar (besides the beams)
your on the right topic, but wrong arguement, i said nothing about alpha, those things you said that change from alpha to beta yeah, but this is from "Beta 1.1" to "Beta 2.0" not changing anything in engine and so on, just the way its mainly played, still in "Beta" didnt say to change the "Beta" part.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
!XxShAdOwxX! said:
My question is, why does this matter...
And theres the first "who Cares" guy. To answer your question, it doesnt, doesn mean you have to come in and post that, im aware anyone could care less, just one of thse questions to ask.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, we're just going from beta 1.2 to 1.3 to 1.4, etc.... No logic or reasoning behind it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah its like why did your mom name you your name, because she did. plain and simple (and dont get smart with me! :p) they just named it Beta 1.2 so now everyone else calls it 1.2 and everyone knows what your talking about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Heh, we're just going from beta 1.2 to 1.3 to 1.4, etc.... No logic or reasoning behind it.
oh yeah i know, keep in mind this is not comaplaints, just speaking technical here, everyone has different mothods, but if it was ike a profesinal gaming company it woulda moved to "2.0", just thought it mighta sliped your mind,and everyone else working on it lol

(to all the smart alics: yes i know esf isnt made by a big company, and the fact it cant be compared...)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
yeah its like why did your mom name you your name, because she did. plain and simple (and dont get smart with me! :p) they just named it Beta 1.2 so now everyone else calls it 1.2 and everyone knows what your talking about.
Actually, to be honest,it was drawn out of a hat,with like 50 names they couldnt think of naming me. (not being smart, just ansering question honestly, as funny as it may sound)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
oh yeah i know, keep in mind this is not comaplaints, just speaking technical here, everyone has different mothods, but if it was ike a profesinal gaming company it woulda moved to "2.0", just thought it mighta sliped your mind,and everyone else working on it lol

(to all the smart alics: yes i know esf isnt made by a big company, and the fact it cant be compared...)
If you havnt noticed, we skip around a lot. In the alpha versions we went from like alpha 1.5 to 1.8 to 1.9 to 2.0, then we just completly skipped alpha 2.1+ and went to beta 1.0. We just might go through beta 1.0 to 2.0, then just say 2.0 is Version 1.0 >_>

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The name doesn't really affect the final product. They could name it ESF version 1.337 if they really wanted to ;).

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
The name doesn't really affect the final product. They could name it ESF version 1.337 if they really wanted to ;).
hahah GG :yes: :yes:

Best answers
RavenTrunks said:
Ok, im confused of why they are calling the new release "Beta 1.2". Technically it shouldnt be a 1.x anymore. the .x is mainly for small fixes, addons and patches. Reason why this new release should be called "Beta 2.0" mainly because the advance melee is a Huge step alone, and completly changes how esf will be played now. Not to mention all the other Great addins.

by now, half of you are saying "who cares". With them outa the way now, im just saying this just to see if anyone gets what i mean.
To answer your question by your logic, advance melee is actually a "patch" to the melee system. Melee was implemented in 2 parts; part 1 "simple melee" was pushed out in Beta 1.1 and now part 2 "advanced melee" is being pushed out in Beta 1.2 So if you look at it like that, all we're really doing is patching the melee system to where it needs to be :) Hope that helps :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[ESF]nighthawk said:
To answer your question by your logic, advance melee is actually a "patch" to the melee system. Melee was implemented in 2 parts; part 1 "simple melee" was pushed out in Beta 1.1 and now part 2 "advanced melee" is being pushed out in Beta 1.2 So if you look at it like that, all we're really doing is patching the melee system to where it needs to be :) Hope that helps :)
i understand 100%, just that the adv. melee makes the games aspect of how your going to approach them change completly. but enough about this topic, if i could close it i would. just wonder if anyone gets my point, as much as i got yours.

- Thanks for feed back on thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom