2 questions about 1.2?

Best answers
ok i have two questions

1. how do you make it so your melee battles last longer (like if you attack and miss then they attack and miss and that happens for three times then the melee will break off or something like that, how do you change it so you can do more melee turns?)

2. where is the caped piccolo, cause he aint in the esf 1.2 preview when he transforms (and for those who havent seen the preview, IT IS A MUST DOWNLOAD)

Best answers
1. Hmmmm.... I don't fully understand your question.
2. The caped piccolo might make it into 1.2, it all depends if DT can finish the animations in time. Though he might not make it at all...

Best answers
hmm.... cant understand that first question. Well can i ask one question? Well delete this if i cant. When defender has blocked some moves will he hit sameway like attacker? I mean that charge bar.

I mean that: "Doing nothing will end the melee sequence after the enemies turn, however, holding the primary mouse button (left click) or secondary mouse button (right click) will give you a chance to retaliate with your own combos. Stun time(your combo time) for retaliation is calculated with this formula:
Stun time * ( blocked moves / total moves "

And when i see that its my turn?(hmm...i hope you can understand).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The number of hits you're able to block/dodge and how much you got hit during their attack determine how long you're able to charge your combo for. Other than that, it plays exactly the same as if you were the attacker.

-Karrde-

Best answers
i think you will understand better once you have the game and try for yourself. and another little thing
just to know: if you swoop at someone and he does nothing, you are the attacker right? so what do you mean "the enemies turn"? arent you the attacker?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoever is getting hit has an opportunity to attempt a counter-combo on his attacker if he so wishes (given he managed to avoid some of the attackers shots).

Best answers
i think the first question that sunlit was trying to ask was is there gonna be a cvar that can change the amount of turns u get in advanced melee...it was said that if the combos go back and forth with no victor for 3 rounds then the struggle is broken...he wants to know if there is a way to change the 3 rounds to something higher

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's asking for which cvar he needs to tweak to make advanced melee battles longer.

As far as I know there's no caped Piccolo with the installation but you can probably find one to use.

Best answers
I think the best thing to do is if you want to learn everything of the new melee system in 1.2 is be patient till saturday then play yer little arse off :D

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To increase the amount of turns/rounds, set am_maxextanges. It's default value is 4.
To increase the stun time (amount of time you get to enter your directions), set am_prepunch_stunperpunch. The default value is 0.75.

Best answers
yay, i guess i should make my amount of turns for amelee as long as it takes, and for the directions ill make it hmmm dunno

Best answers
i wann try quick melee (if possible)
just set the time low so u only got like 2 hits in the other person does his 2 brake it off the start agian (but this way you can move around and use pre punch more)

Best answers
hmm about the caped piccolo - i thought it would be the same skeleton and therefore same animations as the uncaped one? but i guess the cape makes a difference? But pcjoe talked about a 1.2 patch, would that include the caped version then perhaps? :)

Best answers
Meh id just wait and see, personally if they held it off till 1.3 I wouldnt mind :)

Best answers
Yeah true enough :) Just because i look in the dev journals and i see the caped piccolo and im like smo:
:O

But ur right, if its in 1.3 thats cool ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom