EVM

Best answers
Ok im offically confused

Is EVM 1.2 compatible with ESF 1.2?

If not they should keep it simple and have those first two numbers (1 and 2) in synic with each other and just change a third one to stop confusion like this (eg. 1.23)

Best answers
how can there be a confusion?
esf 1.2 isnt out yet right?
so how can evm be compatible with something that hasnt been released yet, wait for esf 1.2 to be released and then keep ur eye on evm's site for a compatible version of the mod! and btw for even more explanation of this subject u can go to their site and to their forums: look in http://www.corona-bytes.net/?core=evm

Best answers
Shouldnt he be asking this on there forums? (but it dose have a to do with esf)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As Joe explained, ESF 1.2 will completely break EVM and EEA due to the fact that the models are loaded by a different method of precaching and they no longer rely on half life's limited player.mdl, thus allowing more animations. Unless EVM/EEA can find a way around this, they won't work.

-Karrde-

Best answers
ur all making too much of this matter, wether they find a way to make evm compatible or not, he asked if it is compatible now, and so the answer is how can it be if esf 1.2 isnt even out!
its that simple.

Best answers
and then they try to make evm for esf 1.2, need a lot of time for it, and then they release it. but the problem is that esf 1.3 gets released a week after that so they had done all their work for nothing. if u dont believe me, think about this: how long did they need to make evm?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EVM and EEA had to get the boot some time, it was inevitable. They were only created because 1.3 was still in the works, and soon it'll be actually worked on. Nothing is compatible with 1.2 as of now.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can keep playing ESF1.1 servers with EVM or EEA mods,
if you download and install ESF1.2 those mods/add-ons wont work.
so you still have 2 options, i think EVM will continue working on the ESF1.1 and will make it as good as they want it to be.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody is going to keep ESF 1.1, just to play EVM.

People will be more then satisfied with all the tremendous improvements in 1.2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you never know, people said no one was gonna play cs 1.5 on won anymore, and guess what, there are still tons of people playing cs 1.5

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
When 1.3 is out no one will remember EEA and EVM :eek:
not necesserealy... im sure there gonna do sometin to evm... so im sure ul be able to play esf 1.2 or 1.3,... with evm... or maybe not... its their decision..

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku SSJ3 said:
not necesserealy... im sure there gonna do sometin to evm... so im sure ul be able to play esf 1.2 or 1.3,... with evm... or maybe not... its their decision..
They'd still have to deal with the problem in which they cannot simply call a model to load when they want it to. Evern if they want to continue, they cannot without circumventing this problem. They would be stuck with using 1.1. Trust me, even if EVM is flashy, believe me when I say that 1.2 is much more fun gameplay wise. 1.1 code has nothing on 1.2.

-Karrde-

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa, go Karrde ^_^
You explained the new precaching system perfectly, I'm impressed :)

Reptile said:
you never know, people said no one was gonna play cs 1.5 on won anymore, and guess what, there are still tons of people playing cs 1.5
No offence to the CS community, but that's probably because they're too retarded/lazy to switch.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Whoa, go Karrde ^_^
You explained the new precaching system perfectly, I'm impressed :)

No offence to the CS community, but that's probably because they're too retarded/lazy to switch.
agreed...besides who cares about EVM or EEA i mean seriously whats so great about. Ooo you can go higher in transformation...ESF can do that 10x better. I say just wait for the upcoming updates of ESF and EVM/EEA..why bother?

Best answers
I think it's more to do with the fact that there isn't such a huge amount of difference between CS 1.5 and CS 1.6 anyway. You get more or less the same experience from either version. :/ 1.2, on the other hand, is going to introduce a new aspect of gameplay. I can't see too many people staying with the more primitive version just so they can go ssj3.

EVM was a nice gap filler between 1.1 and 1.2, but I think current EVM will wilt once 1.2 is out.

Roll on the release. :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i say good ridance. no offense to eea or evm. Its not that i dont like evm or eea. its the fact that it limited me to the servers i could join was what got me the most. also the fact that when you DO enter a server there is this ONE guy that is ssj3 with elevendy billion pl. and he just has to shoot a generic beam to kill you. so im happy that they cant use evm anymore. its the esf movies im looking forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom