Bug question for 1.2....team/tester related

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i remember asking DT about some bugs and he said somthing about a adv, melee bug that when u do the 12 prepunches, it'll only give u like 2-3 secs of combo time. is this but still present?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That isn't a bug. The most time you get from prepunching is after 6 punches. For every punch after 6 you loose time for your combo.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People are going to be complaining about that after the first few days.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But if you stop to think about it, its a good way to make things much fairer.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your combo time kept increasing, there would be no reason to do anything but 12 punches. The idea is to strike balance between damage from prepunch and damage from combo. If you think 12 prepunches will kill your enemy, then try it.

-Karrde-

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
thats kinda odd but ok

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cell said:
thats kinda odd but ok
Why is that? You can see it as this; how longer you prepunch, how more 'tired' you get and thus how shorter your combo will be.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
People are going to be complaining about that after the first few days.

If they want to complain about not knowing something they should have read in the manual we'll just laugh at them (figuratively speaking). Prepunches do damage, why should you get max damage and max stun time? It's a tactical thing. If you are punching somebody into a wall it might make more sense to use up your prepunches instead of going into combo mode.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
If they want to complain about not knowing something they should have read in the manual we'll just laugh at them (figuratively speaking). Prepunches do damage, why should you get max damage and max stun time? It's a tactical thing. If you are punching somebody into a wall it might make more sense to use up your prepunches instead of going into combo mode.
about the part you said going into a wall. why would it be better to use up your prepunches? and not go into COMBOOOOO MODE?

Best answers
Maybe because your enemy will have additionaly damage from hitting a wall;)

Best answers
or maybe if you prepunch them in to a wall they have no where to run so u just start prepunching again :D

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do a lot of extra damage when you prepunch the enemy into the wall.

Best answers
it will take lots of time to get used to 1.2 whats the point of asking about something u havent even seen, maybe its easier then it sounds, it will be released tomorrow u can wait!

Best answers
sweet so bashing people into walls is a good thing

just a side question bout melee
if your having a 1v1 fight
can you throw them in to a wall
then swoop basic melee them back in to the wall(just after the jump off it)
then pre punch them ??

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose if you're good enough you could probably do that, but it'd be really hard. They'd have to wall jump off and you'd have to catch them in the middle of it.
Would go like this: Throw -> Wall smash > player jumps > you smash > they hit the wall > they jump off > hit with Adv melee 12 pre punches. The chances of managing that aren't good.

-Karrde-

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had people wall jump up back at me after I threw them and they started prepunching me off their jump. It suprises the heck out of you. The biggest difference between 1.1 and 1.2 is that you can't be jumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom