a 1.2 advanced melee guide

Best answers
i think someone should make a complete guide to 1.2 melee becouse there are alot of questions about melee that are being asked. i guess to some people the manual seems a little confuseing. im srry if this has bin asked before(i dont know if it hase or not) but i think if someone did this it would put a stop to ALOT of the questions about melee

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or we could just wait. The mod will be out before someone makes a simpler guide :rolleyes: I'm sure things will be self explanatory.

Best answers
We have to learn for urself. When i read the manual, i got only more questions... Only wait to play it :D (Im climbing on the walls on waiting..)

Og'

Best answers
From what I can tell, you want to pre punch 1-6 times for maximum stun time, which seems kind of backwards, they said that over 6 and you lsoe stun time, at 12 you dont stun the person at all. Now, you enter advanced melee, deafault is punch, if you want to kick, hold left mouse button, a bar will show up like your charging a beam, if you wait a while, it will go further down the bar, it will change colors, if you hit a direct when its green it will be a weak attack, yellow, medium, and red, strong.... can do stronge/medium/weak punches and kicks, I am guessing directions each ahve 1-3 animations, plus when your finished with your stun time, the person your attacking will see the directions if they are close enoguh to you in pl, they hit the directions and they do a nifty evade. Thats option one, if you want to, you can throw the person isntad of using advanced melee. At the end of advanced melee the defender gets to attack the attacker, working with the stun time they earned from evading the attacks.. I dont know if they can go on until stun time is all sued up or what, but ya. I am done.

Best answers
WOW! u make it sound so complicated, i surely now hope they make a flash guide like they did for 1.1, it would make things better...

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A flash guide would be difficult. You'll figure this stuff out on your own anyway, let it be a learning experience. Waiting to six prepunches gives you the longest amount of stun time, but against somebody better than you that could be asking for a beat down. Waiting and going for a throw or pulling off a quick medium hit at the end of a bunch of prepunches would be a lot safer than all that. What you decide to do will be situational and it'll take you time to figure out what the best response is to each situation.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The learning curve is not steep at all. I managed to pick up the controls for the most part after 1 long game, and then got refined at it after a few days after which it stopped being confusing.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Its kinda unfair you have been playing this game for what , how long has advanced melle been here , u have all the fun :( oh well someone needed to test it.. thx 4 the hard work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom