Maps problem

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello everyone,

The game works fine, i can do combos and beams. The problem is i have half-life maps and when i click on filter to choose to see esf servers only, all i see is half-life and tfc. I uninstall esf and i installed esf1.2 full (230megs). I have win2000 and im in WON. Anyone can help me?

Best answers
I have the same problem, I installed ESF 1.2 Full over my ESF1.1 and for some strange reason I can only play on the Half-Life maps...

I am on Windows XP though, and I am running WON... It's rather wierd...

--Lee

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
remember they arent going to help you with won so you should try and figure it out on your own. and post back when you find the answer. yes i have the same problem try using steam it works good for me.

Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
remember they arent going to help you with won so you should try and figure it out on your own. and post back when you find the answer. yes i have the same problem try using steam it works good for me.
Ok will try that, and if Steam works fine for me, maybe tomorrow I'll try and get WON sorted...

--Lee

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They should do something because when i click on Mod listing, i do not see the game...

THE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH STEAM IS I CANNOT CREATE A LISTEN SERVER!! ALL I DO IS CREATING LAN SERVERS. WHEN I WRITE SV_LAN 0 IN CONSOLE IT DOES NOTHING! If the team do not tell me how to make esf work on won... then they have to tell me how to create a listen server

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
its not an update :p
delete 1.1 and install 1.2 again
and i highly suggest steam to play esf1.2 :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i updated my post just before you post yours... and i uninstall esf. I restarted my computer. I erased the custom thing in my esf folder and then i restarted my computer again. I installed the game right after that and it still do the same thing

EDIT :

I GOT IT!!!!
RIGHT mouse click on the ESF shortcut and then click on PROPERTIES. In the Start In box, write C:\sierra\half-life (this is an example. The good way is to write the full path of your half-life folder) and then click ok. That's it!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
generalblood said:
I CANNOT CREATE A LISTEN SERVER!! ALL I DO IS CREATING LAN SERVERS. WHEN I WRITE SV_LAN 0 IN CONSOLE IT DOES NOTHING!
That's because you've got to restart your server for the change to take effect.
Change sv_lan to 0, then type restart in the console to restart the server.

Best answers
You don't have to restart the server if you change sv_lan to 0 ^^'.

And yes, you can make it permanent, just copy the esf folder into your dedicated server folder (steam/steamapps/emailadress/dedicated server/esf), launch dedicated server in your my games list and choose esf ^^

Best answers
generalblood said:
Hello everyone,

The game works fine, i can do combos and beams. The problem is i have half-life maps and when i click on filter to choose to see esf servers only, all i see is half-life and tfc. I uninstall esf and i installed esf1.2 full (230megs). I have win2000 and im in WON. Anyone can help me?
i had (notice past) this problem, but there is one cool trick. the game shows you half-life maps right? so put your fav maps in the half-life
maps folder. works just fine for me.
path: c:/sierra/halflife/valve/maps
and you paste your maps there and you can play it good.

Best answers
another way to solv this proplem is to open your Half-life and change game manual... then it works fine.

Best answers
i just found a way to solv this proplem... when you make the shotcut added this

hl.exe -DEV -console -game esf

Then it works fine.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
assaf said:
i had (notice past) this problem, but there is one cool trick. the game shows you half-life maps right? so put your fav maps in the half-life
maps folder. works just fine for me.
path: c:/sierra/halflife/valve/maps
and you paste your maps there and you can play it good.
assaf, i said in THIS thread that i solve the map problem. Just right my other post here and then you will see how to have esf maps when you create a listen server and one other thing. When i click on Mod Listing, i see ESF and my other mods. Read my other post to know how to solve it

generalblood said:
EDIT :

I GOT IT!!!!
RIGHT mouse click on the ESF shortcut and then click on PROPERTIES. In the Start In box, write C:\sierra\half-life (this is an example. The good way is to write the full path of your half-life folder) and then click ok. That's it!
Here it is :S it was post Yesterday at 08:36 PM.... read other post before saying something :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom