How chance maxplayers @steam?

Best answers
Im trying to run up a ESF server , but i cant change maxplayers running it , so its 32 players = laag

thx

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://invisionfree.com/forums/esf_bots_forum/index.php?showtopic=239

Go to that website. Rick solved that problem. Remember, write the code BEFORE the last } because it won't work if you write the code after the last }

hop it helps.
BTW, if you want to create a listen server, then write sv_lan 0 in console to make your listen server a public server and then write restart in your console. (in internet server, not only a Local Server)

The code will put an other box into the listen server options. You will have the maxplayer's box :)
good luck

Best answers
omg, how confusing.

Just open your game.cfg and listenserver.cfg (I don't know which one is right, but to put it in both can't be bad ^^) and put "maxplayers x" in it. X is for how many player can connect (1,2,3,4,5 and so on).

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The problem is you CAN'T change the maxplayers cvar when your server is started! When you are loading the game, the last thing to execute is game.cfg and listenserver.cfg. When you write maxplayers 5 in your console, you will receive an error message. listenserver.cfg works like that. It is only console command that you don't want to write over and over. So you CAN'T change the maxplayers in listenserver.cfg
I did it and it didn't do anything. So go to the website i wrote in my first post in this thread and Follow Rick's information. It will do the work!

P.S. For real newbies, open Notepad. Click file and then Open. Go to your esf folder and then click on the "File of type" arrow and then click on all files. With that thing, you will see all files that you will be able to open with Notepad. After that, click on settings.scr and write the code in the website i wrote in my first post in this thread BEFORE the last } Click File and Save. Exit the program and open ESF, click on Create Server and in the FIRST window you will see a new box name MAXPLAYERS, write down a number and click ok. That's it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom