1 giant gripe with 1.2

Best answers
Where is the dust when you swoop?! In 1.1 when you swooped ontop of land there was all this dust thrown up and above water there would be a giant wave looking thing. IMO that was the coolest visual effect in the game at the time, and swooping just isnt the same without it, where is it?

Heck while your at it, why don't we add that effect for every high velocity object? EI thrown bodies, powerful kibeams, etc. Of course you could scale it so faster things kick up more particles.

If its too much for the FPS why not make it an option, or maybe just have that sprite available for download. I dunno about the rest of you but I loved all that dust.

Best answers
it is an option...

i think the console command is cl_dusttrails 1.

but dont take my word for it.

Best answers
if it should be implanted there should deffently be a Cvar to switch it off because i always had cl_dursttrails turned off.. it took too much of the fps.. and if it should be on that much stuff.. emagine if someone fires a powerfull beam at the same time someone throws someone and some dudes swoops around.. :S i actualy mind that it got implanted but i would turn if off anyways....

*edit*

cl_dusttrails is set to 1 but theres still no dust.. so its not an option in 1.2

Best answers
The Way you swoop in 1,2 would be able to add alot of dust thad would lag a server, and since most fighting is in air it would lag alot. thads why its remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom