Why?

Best answers
Why do you fix what isnt broken? This game just isnt any fun anymore.

Best answers
Boy it isnt just me alot of people seem dissapointed with 1.2 ;/ well time to go play 1.1

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe if you went into depth about what you think is wrong.... Just saying "dont fix what isnt broken" will not help anyone.

Best answers
Well for instance, the new melee is retarded. Sure, its "fun" for some people, but how difficult is it to tap the forward key 2 times and just move towards someone? At least you used to have to AIM, and when your defending, the only way to defend is to simply attempt to attack back, or hit all the stupid arrows.

Second, there are so many bugs its insane, this game needs another 2 months of in-house testing. Im not sure if the music is SUPPOSED to be playing or not, but since I installed "mp3's" I assume it is, it dosent work, at all, also my sound crashes at random. Another problem is crashing, the game crashes more then Breed, which is pretty bad. Just about anything seems to crash this game, joining a game, picking a team, picking a character, teleporting, a plethora of things. The WORST though, is the lag, why does it lag so bad? My ping is insane no matter what server I join, it says I have a 50-60 ping, I join and my ping spikes to several hundred for a few seconds every... couple of seconds. I loved the last release, but I doubt anybody still plays it on steam, some of you apparently enjoy this, but I doubt its fun your getting from it.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the mp3s have to be started I believe. You need to turn on the ingame mp3 player to start the music. Check your control list for the key bound to the mp3 player. As for the crashing bugs... I dont know what to tell you. when we all were testing we would play for well over 2-3 hours before the game would crash and there always was a valid reason for the crash. I find it very odd how the game is crashing so much when it never happened while testing. Try reinstalling esf or updating your video card drivers to the newest version.

Best answers
Yeah, I got a big challenge out of targeting the person I'm hitting, automatically flying over to him at the touch of a button, then hitting him.

So much harder than actually having to try. :S

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The only time esf has ever crashed on me was when i faced bots. It has yet to crash on me at any other time. And this is better than 1.1 in everyway. If you like 1.1 melee so much than just dont use the advanced melee >_>

MaX

Best answers
i tihnk 1.2 is the best..ive been waiting for ever for a game or mod for a melee like this..and now its finally here..i want to thank esf team for all there hard work..and for u who dont like it u guys are total n00bs or just are blind..cause its the best mod ive played probably..and i also like the music included in it..(wow long time since ive posted on here :D) (btw dont mean to be mean or anything im just on esfs side about 1.2 not being good..cause its not true)and the 1.2 melee is VERY easy once u get it..took me maybe 20 mins to learn the basics now i know alot of stuff about it...infact i almost NEVER use beams...about 95% of the time im all melee..cause its funs and its VERY fair..

Sound Artist
Best answers
The people who say they don't like 1.2b are the majority of users who can't get it working or have severe crashing. The crashing doesnt seem to be ESF related but something specific on certain people's computers.

Best answers
It's a shame to see ESF get hit with this same behavior. It seems whenever a new patch comes out, there's a few chuckleheads that say they don't like the changes simply because they don't take the time to understand them or just don't catch on right away. YOU WERE WARNED. 1.2 is not 1.1, and can't be played that way. They didn't fix something that wasn't broken, they finished something that wasn't complete. People had the same gripes with 1.1, and I'll admit that I was on that bandwagon. But I sucked it up, got used to the changes, and accepted the mod for what it was; a free game made by cool people who like Dragon Ball Z enough to invest hours of time into something.

For the people that have legitimate crashing issues, I'm sorry to hear that. However, this is called ESF --BETA-- 1.2. During beta testing, I didn't run into any crashing or instability, so it's kind of a shock to see anything like that after the release.

This game's a work in progress, and while I don't lay down any lines of code or sculpt cool ass looking models or cut down sound bytes to perfection, I do try to help where I'm able to. It may not be my place to be irrate about someone spewing out an opinion out of sheer ignorance, but I'm irrate nonetheless. Read the manual, understand the changes, adapt, play. If you like it, great, if you don't? Well.. Sorry to hear that, but I don't think you coming onto a forum and saying you don't like something without any constructive criticism or reason is going to get much done or earn you any points in much of anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, This is just liek with the AWP in CS, lamers!

Best answers
i liked using the beams very much, thank you, the new melee also seems to have incredibly buggy collision detection, that or I just cant start melee ever, becuase no matter who, what, when, where, or how i run into a person i cant start melee, yet they can start it plenty of times, so im forced to using really fast/insta shooting things to fight back.

Best answers
Myrmidon said:
i liked using the beams very much, thank you, the new melee also seems to have incredibly buggy collision detection, that or I just cant start melee ever, becuase no matter who, what, when, where, or how i run into a person i cant start melee, yet they can start it plenty of times, so im forced to using really fast/insta shooting things to fight back.
Are you sure you got melee select when swooping at them? , cause if you dont it wont let you start melee

Best answers
the only reason the game crashes for you is becausey you play on won

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Myrmidon said:
i run into a person i cant start melee, yet they can start it plenty of times.
You need the Melee weapon slot selected in order for you to be able to use the melee. Otherwise youll just swoop into and around them.

Best answers
i think u should spend more time against bots (weak bots) and set them to just stand there
i learnt the new melee in bout 10-15 mins its not that hard...
altho i dislike the 2 taps to swoop
mayb they could change it to a double click but u'll still have to press a arrow key to move in a direction.
mayb u'll b able to go diagnal if they use the double click...

my bro played esf for the first time, n his beta than me at the new melee
even tho his on a crapper computer
u just need to practise it

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Myrmidon said:
Well for instance, the new melee is retarded. Sure, its "fun" for some people, but how difficult is it to tap the forward key 2 times and just move towards someone? At least you used to have to AIM, and when your defending, the only way to defend is to simply attempt to attack back, or hit all the stupid arrows.
You also have to "aim" in this version too. Last time I remembered people just dont stand around waiting to get their ass handed to them ^_^

Myrmidon said:
Second, there are so many bugs its insane, this game needs another 2 months of in-house testing.
Okay, I know it seems like we need another 5 years of testing, but this is the odd thing... The only 'confirmed' is associated with the bots. The whole "join a server, it crashes 50% of the time 2 seconds later" thing is new. We spent tripled our testing efforts for beta 1.2 and we NEVER had this bug. I'm assuming it has to do something with the server configurations, or maybe how the "release" dlls are compiled, since we never got them with the debug dlls.... And quite actually, I've never gotten this crashing bug myself.

Myrmidon said:
Im not sure if the music is SUPPOSED to be playing or not, but since I installed "mp3's" I assume it is, it dosent work, at all
There was a small error in the code that didnt allow the cvars to be saved, it's already fixed in the patch.

Myrmidon said:
The WORST though, is the lag, why does it lag so bad? My ping is insane no matter what server I join, it says I have a 50-60 ping, I join and my ping spikes to several hundred for a few seconds every... couple of seconds. I loved the last release, but I doubt anybody still plays it on steam, some of you apparently enjoy this, but I doubt its fun your getting from it.
Maybe you're joining bad servers? I've played on servers with 16 poeple and my lag was great. If anything my PC started to chug, but my ping was great. Also due to the nature of the melee system, you can have relitivly high ping and still defend/attack.

I would also like to note we're going to be releasing a patch within a weeks time to fix several bugs, including the ones i mentioned above. After next weeks patch we're going to release ANOTHER patch fixing additional issues such as the bot crashing. We also plan on adding several new combos, and various other tweaks/additions.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been helping in the #esf-help channel on GameSurge and practically all crashing problems don't come from ESF, but either corrupt installers, trying to play clientside with a dedicated server, or not getting steam installed correctly. I can name maybe 2 people out of the many that I've helped that either redownloading or reinstalling steam and ESF didn't fix.(and I don't think one of them knew how to get steam running in the first place.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom