My Opionion of 1.2

Best answers
Well this is my review based on the new version of ESF(1.2)
Well I instaleld it saturday night. Before turning it on, I went to study the manual for a bit. Then I finally started to play. The background layout is better than 1.1, but the background music for 1.1 was better 1.2... Ok I entered my first game and well it was difficult... anyway 30 mins I got used to teh game. Like everybody else, I chose Piccolo because of the new design but I didnt see a big difference :( Anway, I tried the beams and checked to see if there was new ki attacks but no... and to see if there was a 2nd transformation, but nope that wasnt there either! :no: I then began to see IF THEY ACTUALLY mad the spirit bomb bigger!! Jeez, people watch the show and see how big the spirit bomb is!! It should be 50x bigger!! Anyway, the explosion for the spirit bomb is very small while in teh show against freiza, it covered 75% of the whole planet.... Well then I tried the combos and the new melee but here was where I get really Pissed!!! YAY GUYS WE PLAY DBZ BY PRESSING ARROWS ALL DAY!! HOW FUN??!!!! I got so annoyed with the follwing arrows popuping up everywhere that I started to get frustrated....
Ok, one of my favorite features is the new maps... Very well done to the map maker.. Ok, I personally think that the new melee is boring as you are just pressing some stupid dumb arrows(WHATS ARROWS GOT TO DO WITH DBZ JEEZ) anyway, another dissapointment is No new characters!:(:(:(!! The things that pissed me off about 1.2 is how they added the crappiest stuff like by adding a new voice to trunks as he would now say "Burning attack"! Woopee major imporvement, and how when cell deos a kamehmeaha cell laughs!! woowow that is a major imporvement over 1.1(Sarcasim)
This game is no doubt rushed.....
Overall opionion 6.3/10

Best answers
RUSHED???? Do you have any idea how much work it took to animate and code all that melee???????? It took almost a year for a reason. Of course the SB isnt gonna be bigger, it would crash servers or just take u ptoo much space.

1.3 will have new transformations and attacks etc. U dont like it,,,code/animate/model your own characters and attacks. Its possible.

I mean honestly....Rushed????? U dont like the new melee,,,use the old style, its still there.

yeesh

Best answers
well, some of the stuff is coming in later versions, and come on...the meele is awesome, and how hard do you think that is to code??? exactly....

Best answers
lmao yea seriously and whats with the rating as if uve been pursing the game every since u heard info about it, u can tell by ur one post that ur some newb who came out of nowhere during the release time, didnt read up on what was the features gonna be, probally got pawned in the sever and came back to tell us how terrible the game is, and uhh about the rating this isnt gamespot or ign its not beta 1.2 has been planed for a year or more by a game developer company jeez.. :S

Best answers
Anime Legend said:
lmao yea seriously and whats with the rating as if uve been pursing the game every since u heard info about it, u can tell by ur one post that ur some newb who came out of nowhere during the release time, didnt read up on what was the features gonna be, probally got pawned in the sever and came back to tell us how terrible the game is, and uhh about the rating this isnt gamespot or ign its not beta 1.2 has been planed for a year or more by a game developer company jeez.. :S
LMFAOO!!!! SO True :laff:

Best answers
Hehee, I have read these forums for like thelast couple of months and belive me, IM not the only one dissapointed with 1.2... and also you dont belive how much hype I had for this game.... O well, 1.3 better be good, as for now Im quiting 1.2 for a bit and continue to raise up my marks in school :idea: ...

Best answers
Future_Gohan said:
Come on guys?? Do you actaully enjoy pressing arrows all day??
you prefer to auto target and fly straight at a person? Or maybe youd like to be grounded with a controller in constant 1 on 1 duels on a console. U have a better idea then go ahead and share. DBZ mods are hard to make for a reason, Melee isnt an easy thing to reproduce. But to call it rushed is just arrogant not to mention rude seeing how long it took and how many hours were put into it.

Best answers
Look I dont like to start flame threads... Im just posting my thought on this game... Anyway, its 2004 and they could of had better ideas for the melee system.

Best answers
Like what??? Dont complain about it if you dont have a better idea or at least a suggestion.

Best answers
Technology hasnt changed,,,its still the half life engine. It doesnt magically get better as time goes on. It still has its limitations

Best answers
And also this game is not hard at all... It came out 2 days ago and I get score of 50-12... and it has only been 2 days that it has been out... Jeez even ask the people on this board.. just look under the "Owned" topics :laff:

Best answers
Wow!!!!! come you Guys Lay off of him ur making him seem like and idiot or like he just started spamming or something , He's just stating his oppion nothing more he didnt flame anyone or anything, he just probally had really high hopes and expected much more from esf and well half life itself i guess, ^_^ But im happy with the way it is thats for sure.^_^

Best answers
Sakura said:
Wow!!!!! come you Guys Lay off of him ur making him seem like and idiot or like he just started spamming or something , He's just stating his oppion nothing more he didnt flame anyone or anything, he just probally had really high hopes and expected much more from esf and well half life itself i guess, ^_^ But im happy with the way it is thats for sure.^_^

Boy i regret the day they gave women the freedom of speech -_-..just stay out of this u clearly dont understand whats hes saying, hes basically saying the people who created the game are lazy and brainless and needs to join us in the year 2004 :rolleyes:

Best answers
Also, they forgot to fix bugs... Jeez so many people dropping out... It seems that they have done a good job in adding the new stuff like Cell laughter when he says Kamemeha when they forgot to fix bigger problems.

Best answers
Future_Gohan said:
And also this game is not hard at all... It came out 2 days ago and I get score of 50-12... and it has only been 2 days that it has been out... Jeez even ask the people on this board.. just look under the "Owned" topics :laff:
LOL...you obviously havnt been playing the good people then. Go play Magus or one of team if you want a challenge. Or hell play a super bot then go say this game is easy.

Same thing happened with Jedi Academy, just because its more accesable to a wide audience and less elitist friendly its automatically dubbed as a "No skill" game. Psh, you play a team member whose been playing it for awhile and has figured out some strategies as theyve have more then TWO DAYS to play it and evaluate it.

And bug fixes are coming. Theres not even that many. Only a small handful so far. Better then most Betas.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, the arrows represent your character seeing the attacks coming at him from different directions. In real life if you see a punch coming at you from the right you don't lean into it, you try to avoid it or block it, and if you don't see it in time you get smacked. Nextly that isn't the only way to play the game, and if you played long enough you'd have seen that. Coming here and trying to get points by saying you're quitting doesn't earn you any. Someone asked you for suggestions and you respond by saying it looks like a 1998 game? Do you even know what a mod is? Did you ever play Half Life? How disrespectful.

Anime Legend gets a warning for making that retarded comment about giving women free speech (Everybody got free speech at the same time foolio).

Future_Gohan you are on the edge of a couple of warnings yourself. You've been nothing but disrespectful to the team and to the mod this entire thread without offering a stitch of constructive criticism. If you don't understand the way advanced melee works or why it uses arrows that's your problem, not ours. If you want to suggest something different we have a forum for that. Didn't fix bugs? Apparently you never played 1.1 . If you had you'd have been *****ing about destructo disc, frieza disc, Gohan's shield, Scattershots getting stuck looping in the air when an opponent moved and lagging the server over time, the ki-based head on melee system, script teleports, overflow scripts and an imbalanced Buu. They didn't fix any bugs? Get a grip. If you'd ever come to the forums like you say you did you would have known way ahead of time there were no new transformations and only a couple of potential new attacks in 1.2, but you didn't, and you don't quite have the right to complain about features being left out that weren't advertised.

If you have suggestions, there's a forum. If you have bugs to report, there's a forum. Please read around before you start making a ton of complaints and start whining about how the team hasn't done any work for 1.2 . This thread has gone far enough, it ends here. If you'd like to start another with constructive criticism be my guest. We take player opinions seriously but only if you can explain why you think the way you do.

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom