Music while playing

Best answers
What songs do everyone listen to while playing ESF, if any at all?
I mainly listen to songs by MC Chris (the beat of "Evergreen" goes very well with ESF) and a few songs from DDR. Great fun. :yes:

Best answers
Let's see... I always start with the music from the character selection screen of Mortal Kombat 1, then I set my MP3 player to shuffle. I have lots of Bruce Faulconer (American DBZ) songs, some J-Pop, the song from the 1.2 trailer (Darude - Feel the Beat), Juno Reactor, anything that goes with the fast and furious action of ESF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...I guess now that 1.2's out, my music pack is in order, eh? It's about 8 songs or so, DBZ style music (fast paced technoish/rock stuff, mostly) that is intended to be dripping with *****ing guitar solos before it's done. Hehe. I use instrumental (guitarless, synth-only) versions of the songs as it is. I tried to theme songs after the characters:

A Terrible Power (Frieza)
Child-like Monster (Buu)

and of course,

The Earth's Special Forces theme song, "Fate of the Earth." That one was actually written by my friend--I'll be playing the guitars on it, though.

Best answers
Ah yes, the announced music pack. Still looking forward to hearing it. Don't let us down, Pride :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe. I was thinking of putting up a "Beta Music Pack." See, the songs are synthesized and mostly finished...the part where I add the real instruments in the tough part. It's time consuming and requires good drive space; I've got it all set up but wiring the rig, mic'ing everything up, testing it all...it's really very difficult, as I have to unhook my ENTIRE P.A. RIG from three rooms over and set it ALL UP IN MY BEDROOM, then hook it all up through an extension set to the computer itself. Then it takes about a weekend's worth of experimenting to find the best sound configurations for recording quality. Then all the songs need to be broken apart by instrument, re-imported, and each individual track needs to be remixed, compressed and equalized. THEN I record the guitars, which require similar treatment with even MORE attention to detail--the slightest screw up and the whole thing is ruined.

Nothing is worse than playing the most awesome lead and then playing it back and finding out the mic was in a lousy spot and it sounded like crap. :0(

All in all it's really difficult. But the thing is--I could release the music I've been playing with. It's the "generic" versions of most of the songs, without any mixing, some annoying clips in the middle, and without any real production. They're straight off of my program, all clamped down into single tracks right off the bat.

What do you guys think...? Beta Music Pack...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom