Can i block the prepunches ?

Best answers
Hey guys,

Is it possible to block the prpunches ? Some people say yes, but when i try to block to prepunches, it still drains HP... :fight:
So can i block them in some way ? How ?

Bye

Best answers
I think that if you're blocking when the prepunching starts, your opponent cannot throw you. It doesn't help against prepunching or combos any, as far as I can see. It may reduce the damage from prepunching soem, but it's hard to tell.

Best answers
hmm, possible does anyone know for sure ? cause i tried blocking before the prepunches start. I see that i m blocking but it still reduces life so....

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm 99% sure that there is no way to block prepunches. It will just enter into the Adv. Melee sequence like normal.

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
When you block I think there is slightly less damage(not sure), the stun time is way smaller and you can't throw a person

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damage is reduced noticeably when you're up against somebody with 5x your power level or you're against a wall. Combo time is reduced by something like 2/3rds and you can't be thrown. It's still worth doing.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmmm, didn't think it did less damage. 'course it'd probably be better to avoid getting hit at all :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
well prepunching is always 1-2 damage a punch so what would you expect that it will not damage at all?
when the prepunches are strong at higher power levels it will be handy, and do not forget that throwing is very handy and if u block someone he cannot throw u, and thats really a big plus!

Best answers
yep and i was prepunching a guy that was blocking and I went to advanced melee and the combo time was reduced a lot and i prepunches him just like 3 times so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom