Votes: 0 0.0%
  • beta 1.0 and 1.1

• beta 1.2

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
from alpha 2.0 to beta 1.1 to now, which type of explosions did you like the most?

for me, i loved the alpha 2.0 look.. it would have those light streaks coming out from the ball, and sometimes if it was powerful enough and big enough, that monsters exploding radius would grow and grow :laff: i know it caused crashing problems thoe...

the beta's explosion looked to simple, nothing that made it unique..

the 1.2 explosions has something more unique, but imo doesnt really resemble the dbz style explosions.. it looks small, but has the same radius.. its hard to tell if youre in the radius or not sometimes.. but it probably will not happen, but the old alpha explosions without the crashing would be a much better explosion to have for the upcoming releases for the game

EDIT: ALPHA 2.0 explosions for those who haven't seen them

Best answers
Alpha 2.0 :) those balls where ownage :) you can see them grow in every attack, of eat up the whole server after an enormes powerstruggle :) that where the days :)

Best answers
I'm getting tierd of all these polls: esf is better then esf 1.1 .... ACCEPT IT ! Almost everything has improved so quit creating polls just to create a poll...
Voted for last option... ;)

Best answers
Me too. The new explosions look good and don't lag. Plus the smoke is handy for confusing your opponent.

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
if you set cl_explosionsmoke "0" for 1.2 it looks alot better i think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin Saiyajin said:
if you set cl_explosionsmoke "0" for 1.2 it looks alot better i think.
What exaclty does it do ? Get rid of the smoke ?

Best answers
I forget what the 2.0 explosions looked like... Man, it's been ages... anyone got a pic handy?

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
What exaclty does it do ? Get rid of the smoke ?
yes cl_explosionsmoke "0" will turn off the smoke trails that come after the explosion. I think they look corny and not as nice as the actual explosion.
I had to put it in my autoexe.cfg file so that it would be off in every game i joined. same with my cl_mp3player "1"

Best answers
I think that alpha 2.0's were the nicest, but I voted for 1.2 since those explosions have a better balance of prettiness and function.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
first of all

imkongkong nice spam heres a warning

second

i like the 1.2 explosions the best

though the alpha one was cool it just doesnt work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it wasnt meant to be spam, i had pictures posted up, but i guess they were bad picture hosts

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
it wasnt meant to be spam, i had pictures posted up, but i guess they were bad picture hosts
If you quote your last post, and copy and paste the links, you can see the pictures. So you shouldn't really have warned him, since he was showing what the beams looked like on the show.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ViRaX said:
Alpha 2.0 :) those balls where ownage :) you can see them grow in every attack, of eat up the whole server after an enormes powerstruggle :) that where the days :)

Yea....I miss'em too.....but 1.2 has a really great, dare I say, realistic, feel to them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, if you have a massive block struggle against a SSJ's Kamehameha, the explosion after is quite incrediable. If you haven't already seen one, i suggest you go and give it a try !!

Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
Yeah, if you have a massive block struggle against a SSJ's Kamehameha, the explosion after is quite incrediable. If you haven't already seen one, i suggest you go and give it a try !!
Oh I have, believe me :]

Best answers
The Alpha 2.0 explosions kicked ass. I understand why they were removed, but they still kicked ass :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom