I have issues with the bots

Best answers
I don't know why... but the bots in 1.2 really suck. Whenever you fly near one, it teleports 5 times, leaving you frantically looking around to see where it went.

And what's the bot doing? Well, it's charging up! It wasted all it's ki teleporting away from you!

^ that is the most annoying thing at the moment.

There are several other things... like not being able to start melee combat with a bot. I charge to them, hit, and get knocked away. It's like when someone is charging, you cannot start melee. But the bot isn't charging...

Anyone else find this happening to them?
1.2 owns, btw. But the bots are annoying me >_<"

Best answers
i happen to last night with a Cell bot, when i get too close he teleports away, BUT if he is a good distence away from me he will shoot disc, beams you name it.
The only way i could melee him was to get a bot on my team to distract him. And suddenly i could melee him every time he was doing a charge-up with his back turned :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Just lower their teleport percent :rolleyes:
It's also in the bot menu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i actually put the teleport percent to 0 and they stlil teleport when i throw beams or ki blasts.. what the heck???? ;/

Best answers
Put down the teleport percent as told, then set their attitude to 'aggressive', then they will attack you much more doing melee and stuff.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
errrmm.. doesnt that belong to the new Bots forum right in here in esf?
not the one on Ricks InvasionFree free forum

Best answers
Yeah the teleporting thing is annoying as hell, what I do is I put their teleport and swoop percents to 0. So they won't circle swoop me the whole freaking match, I mean its easy to stop it once they stop teleporting as soon as you get to them after the circle swoop but boy is it irritating.

Best answers
If you're looking to practice on the bots, you could just set their mode to IDLE. (in the new Command Menu, using bind "SHIFT" "+commandmenu")
But if you're just looking for a decent challenge... hmm, though the bots seem a little tough at first, you get used to them after a while. :]

Best answers
Heh... you need practice if they're giving you trouble with that...
But yeah, Just turn the percent down.

Best answers
You have to use the special bot configurtaion file in your Start Menu

Start > Program Files > Earth's Special Forces > Bot Personality editor

Edit all the profiles, set their teleport % to 0 or something like 10%

And if that doesn' work, then we know it's broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom