Simple Melee

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm in a server with everyone using Adv. Melee. It gets boring when they just dodge nearly all your hits. Since I know I am better at swooping then the lot of them, I start using simple melee to speed things up on my end. I got banned in five minutes for it. Just for destroying them with simple melee, I deserve to be banned? I was also kicked repeatedly and Llama'ed from two other servers.

What do you guys think? Does it really make you guys that mad? If so, why won't you learn to use it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Opty, you pwn alot of people (myself include :D). It's just another case of "OMG!fuxing suxx0r!! stop hitting mee! well I still have power! *Kick/Ban*"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
simple meelees great, unless you take it too far and give the opponent no chance, such as if your ssj, you can hit them, then hit again in the stuntime, then change up a good genric beam and hit before they even recover, moments like those are waaaay to lame, the score gets insane, bout 125-1 this person had because he didnt give anyone time to even power up because of meelee comboing =)

Best answers
can't you block simple melee hits? (never checked to see if you could counter like in 1.1 or 1.0)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i dont see any rules to say that you cant... and the game allows it so whats the problem? thats the way i look at it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
well, i dont see any rules to say that you cant... and the game allows it so whats the problem? thats the way i look at it.

Yes, you can. I always hate to see people get all crazy and all "omfg this needs to stop because it kills me easily!" when it's just part of the game and there are ways to block/avoid it >.>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was untransformed Piccolo against SSJ Trunks most of the time. And Satan, that probably was not me. Devil has been impersonating me. I do not remember playing against you since the first day 1.2 was released.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow dude x_X are you sure? I think the REAL you might have popped in once or twice but not stayed more than a few seconds...hmm.

Frankly, I don't care who is the impersonator, be it Devil or some random person. Impersonators suck.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple melee is being tweaked a bit (I think) so that only transformed characters can link 2 hits together by swooping.

Yes, it can be blocked and countered.

Best answers
Since we are on the subject of simple melee i blocked but released the block button and my char flung his arms out wide effectivly counter striking the guys is this normal?

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Simple melee is being tweaked a bit (I think) so that only transformed characters can link 2 hits together by swooping.

OK now that is ***

Best answers
the simple melee is so *** now i think ... when someone is more bad than you in advanced melee mod , he uses this all the time , i hate that....
It isn't very fun to lame with this , it s already hard to do a complete one vs one fight with everyone (add or beam etc) ..
And if he ssj ... -.-;;; I play esf 1.2 for fun , i don t play esf for to be killed by a lamer :p
(if he uses that a bit ok but allways... )

Satan Petit Coeur

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why would someone use something that isnt causing you damage as opposed to something he knows he can kill you with?

im sure if you couldnt deal out a large amount of damage to someone using adv melee you would not continue trying to use it against them.

i do the same thing as optional does, if adv melee is wasting too much of my time because none of my hits are connecting, ill just pummel the other guy with simple melee and/or beams. theres nothing wrong with it... are we supposed to just continue fighting a losing battle? or try to gain the upper hand?

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
If an admin does not want you in his/her server, they have every right to make you leave with no justification.
If you were owning them.. then why would you even stay in the first place...?

Best answers
i dont need to use simple melee for kill ssj or most powerfull other player ... but if you are bad in advanced melee... training that with the bots , its better :p lol , seriously , there are a lot of player abusing it .... because they are bad in advanced melee (same with beam but ... ) ... it isnt fun

Satan Petit coeur , play for fun !!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:

i am very HOPEFULL this won't happen.. only transformed characters can link 2 hits together... WHAT? this never happened in the actual show..

if it does get in, just make it cvar.. like mp_totalsimplemeleelinked where 0 would be unlimited and 1 would be limited to one hit

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
i am very HOPEFULL this won't happen.. only transformed characters can link 2 hits together... WHAT? this never happened in the actual show..

if it does get in, just make it cvar.. like mp_totalsimplemeleelinked where 0 would be unlimited and 1 would be limited to one hit
I said by swooping. It isn't fair to be able to hit somebody, swoop at them and immediately hit them again before they can recover. You can still tele at them and hit them again you just have to get your timing down.

Simple melee is tactical because it does about as much damage or a little less than a bunch of prepunches and you don't get the option of throwing or slamming in a bunch of strong advanced melee hits. In 1.2.1 I think it'll give you less Pl too, but it might be the same as it is now. The point is that two hits linked together by swooping is too much before you transform, especially since you can hit them with a beam right afterwards.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well like i said it should be cvar enabled or disabled... i mean even in like legends you're allowed to do those chain attacks.. it would take out from the dbz feeling if you did.. they should just make the recovery quicker if you have more ki so you can just teleport out of the way.. but it should be cvar

Best answers
Simple melee is also way better if you are getting double teamed; that way you won't get a beam where no beam should be as soon as you exit adv. melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom