Randoms. Everybody loves 'em.

Best answers
I've read a few other posts... not too many, as they're a bit too repetitive... and I've noticed a lot of people get too many randoms for their liking.

While I think that's just spilt milk, I do agree, to a certain degree.
...*had to re-read that*

I don't mind the occasional random, it mixes things up, but it should be reserved for red attacks or such; on head-to-head's (I forgot what they're called) where you both enter arrows, I'm not sure if both get the same arrows or not, but I can't tell if the other person won or lost because of talent or 'luck', getting less randoms than I.

I understand that the randoms help red attacks be relevant, but I get them plenty, even with the quickest attacks.

And when I guess those randoms wrong, the other player, not knowing how many randoms I did or did not get, will assume I might just suck.

And nobody wants that. Espically me.

Does anybody else share my sentiment?

Also, if you guard while someone prepunches, you parry all their punches. I haven't checked to see if it reduces or nulifies the damage the prepunch does, but I believe that because you aren't punched, you should get less randoms, if not none at all, due to the lack of daze.

Does anyone else agree?

Best answers
Can you hit Block while already being prepunched and itl parry the rest that you did get in time for, or do you have to do it before they prepunch?

Best answers
I believe you have to have been holding it before they begin; the few times I've tried during the prepunches, I couldn't stop them halfway.

They also don't mention it in the manual, so I can't really be sure about anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think that is a good suggestion, it will actualy make block worth using.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stay on topic guys...

Blocking cuts your opponent's melee time by half and it reduces damage from prepunches. It also prevents you from being thrown. I think it does enough as it is, really... randoms are important in this melee system and there's nothing wrong with a random number of them for each player. Somebody needs to lose inadvanced melee struggles, and if you both got the same amount of everything it'd still be luck that determined who won and not timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom