Disks

Best answers
Hey guys,

Just a question:

Now that disks don't crash the game anymore, do u think it should be used more ? I use them quite often (got kicked for it also quite often :S )because they are fair now i think: it 's so easy to doch them so....
Or are tehre still people who think: get rid of the disks.. :smile:

Best answers
I don't see the problem with discs. If you can't avoid 'em, you were probably gonna die anyway.

Best answers
Hehe, well put: but still I often get the reply : lamer ,etc when i use them....

Best answers
well..think about it this way...how many times have u acctually hit someone thats looking at u with a disk...my guess is never..unless they were charging to melee u...so y is it cheap?...because 99.9% of the kills that are gotten with it are from behind (unless they are a total nub that doesnt know about teleport), while someone is doing something else (going to melee someone or being thrown out of a melee struggle etc.)...thats y its cheap...thats y beam spam is cheap...but at least with that u have a chance to survive...with a disk its instant gib...doesnt matter if u have full health or not...so to hit someone in the back with an insta-gib weapon is cheap...at least thats the way i feel about it

Best answers
Hmmm, I think, there totally cheap when used on me, but completly far when used by me. :laff:

Best answers
^ I agree with him, BIG time.. As long as I use it, its perfectly A OK :D
|
|

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hitting with any of them is all a matter of luck anyway so theres nothing wrong with them

Best answers
Also think of it this way; how many times in the show did Krillin hit someone with it face to face? Zero. It's an ambush weapon, so don't feel bad throwing it at someone's back, and don't get pissed when one is thrown at your back.

Best answers
I agree with abe but i use it the most when someone goes to swoop at me

Best answers
Yep that's how i use it and with the new sound: the guys must be deaf to not hear u charge it so i think it's fair...

Best answers
well see thats where ur wrong...most of the time ive ever seen anyone hit with one is either after its charged and they are headed toward the person (which is rarely) or the disk is thrown from out of range of the sound...u cant tell me that its right for two ppl to be in a melee struggle or a good battle or something and have someone sit at the edge of a map and charge a disk then fly around and wait for someone to get close to them weather they are facing them or not and kill them with one hit...and frieza's is especially bad because u can control where it goes and it comes back to u...so no its not luck...with krillins i can say yea kinda...but with cells/frieza's they can throw it as many times as they want...with no extra ki drain...and get kill after kill with an insta-gib weapon without even trying....its just cheap...and it always will be...and on the point of krillin not hitting anyone with it face to face...he didnt kill anyone with it either...and neither did frieza...so y should it be insta-gib in the game (other than for balancing purposes)..which frieza now has telekenesis (which is also unblockable)

Best answers
"he didnt kill anyone with it either...and neither did frieza"

So you don't remember what happened when frieza got hit with his disc's?

Best answers
o yes...i remember...he got cut in half..but did that kill him?..no...he still had enuff strength to fire a blast at goku which he in turn retaliated with a beam of his own...killing frieza...so..frieza didnt kill himself with his disk...goku killed him with whatever beam that last one was (id say gen beam cause its yellow but im not sure lol)

Best answers
"o yes...i remember...he got cut in half..but did that kill him?..no...he still had enuff strength to fire a blast at goku *etc and it goes on*"

Anyways, your right, but what sense can that make in half life? In half life, if your guy is cut in half, its a instant gib. So that answers the main question of why its instant gib. Remember this mod isnt just DragonBall Z, it is Half-Life as well, so you have to use some Half-Life logic.

Best answers
well i know that...but im sayin...y does it have to be an instant gib...y not just have it do a lotta damage or somethin...and if it kills u then it cuts u in half...disk in esf is just like awp in CS...its over powered and cheap to use...especially with the new tele restrictions and slow swoop speed its even more evident that the disk is unfair because it can be abused more now

Best answers
um your wrong, FReeza was dying...he begged goku to save him and goku gave him enough energy to sustain life with half his body. =3, first off, I can hear disk coming at least a good 2 sec's away...I only need 1.0-1.3 seconds to hit teleport, after that you can trace the disk to the source by the path it took. Your just carless bud.

Best answers
And why is a surprise disk so looked down upon when most of the time a strong turbo beam will do the same thing? Whats wrong with surprise attacks? theyre part of the game, and frieza doesnt have a strong blast so if you want to surprise somone but still do a lot of damage, you have to use a disk.

Best answers
I used Friezas disc as a defence perimeter once to stop a melee attack, it was quite funny (for me). I don't think it's a cheap weapon because you are like a sitting duck when it is flying, you are just waiting for something nearly as powerful to hit you (I guess you can move after using telekinesis) and it uses a lot of Ki (also a risk when attacked).
I think you don't get much PL for a kill either, but it might be quite practical to kill someone transformed who is very hard to kill otherwise.

Best answers
meh...its just my opinion...its cheap...i mean ANY instant-gib weapon in ANY game is cheap...its not fair to other ppl especially when its spammed...it takes away from the fun of a game when all u have to do is shoot/throw/whatever a weapon that kills someone on contact...

Best answers
THeres no such thing as easy to use instant gib (cept if your a TFC sniper). They pay the price of difficulty in aiming for the gibness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom