StarCraft - Unknown Territories

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The hull of the newly stocked Battlecruiser gleams in the sunlight revealing the name of the ship: "USS Intrepid Rev. 2" After a recent battle with the Zerg in sector 3, the first USS Intrepid was destroyed after widthstanding 3 fleets of mutalisks. The Captain and all its crew were destroyed in a massive explosion.

This revision has been enhanced; plated with kelvin armor it is able to actually repell the acidy irrosion of the Devourer, an incredible invention. Shields have also been incorperated in this new version of the battlecruiser, increasing it's defensive capabilities.

"We're ready to ingage into hyperspace," says the Ensign. "Shall I engage?"

"Yes, I'm ready to test out this amazing new ship," responds Captain Shawl. The ship turns, creating an omniscent glow from the sun behind it. A low humming sound is heard building up and the ship propells into the abyss of space.

Captain Shawl eagerly grips the sides of his chair, waiting to arrive test station. "Sir," says the Ensign, "Station 447 is... gone."

"What?" asks Captain Shawl, "What do you mean?"

"Sir, the station has disapeered. I'm reading debris all around the -- wait... 6 objects are moving extremely fast towards our position." says the Ensign, anxiously, "They are scourges!"

"Shields up! Engage hyperspace back to Station 315 now!" shouts the Captain.

The ship's gravitational thrusters force the ship back around and the same humming is heard again, building up. But the ship isn't fast enough and 3 scourges ram directly into the shield, causing massive explosions.

The crew in the bridge fly out of their chairs as the shield absorbs the damage. "Hyperspace, NOW!" shouts the Captain.

"I'm trying, it won't engage until the path is ---" 2 more scourges ram directly into the shield, which fail. The ensign screams as she is thrown into the wall of the bridge and passes out.

"Shields are down!" shouts a Lutenient from his station, "We've sustained massive damage to the dorsal engines and hyper drive is damaged, but still functional." He types in a few commands and the ship engages, catapulting out of the battle.

"What happened to the 6th scourge? They come in packs of 2, so where is it?" asks the Captain.

"I'm looking for it..." the Lutenient continues to type commands into the computer, "Found it... it's on the... oh no..."

The scourge explodes on the right wing of the battlecruiser, knocking it out of hyperspace. "I've lost control!" shouts the Lutenient, "I can't keep her steady for very long!"

Captain Shawl thinks for a moment, "Backward thrusters, stop this ship at whatever the cost."

Th Lutenient reacts within a milisecond, engaging the thrusters. The ship comes to an unhealthy stop, forcing everyone forward. "Casualties?" asks the Captain.

"Readings coming in now... 38 dead, 78 wounded. The medical staff is going to have their hands full." responds the Lutenient.

Captain Shawl looks out of the viewscreen into the black abyss and notices no stars. "Where are we?" asks the Captain.

"We are... nowhere. The scanners are saying we are off the charted map as of now. That one explosion was enough to force us lightyears away from our destination..." Lutenient Miffuny stares out into the black wondering what awaits them.

"I think we're safe for now, the Scourge were only scouts and didn't have enough time to send a message back to the overmind." A second lutenient says.

"I want you to go to engineering and help with the repairs, I want hyperspace accessible as soon as possible." says the Captain, leaving the bridge.

"Yes sir," responds the lutenient.

The ship remains, sparking, in the lightless black of space. No stars can be seen anywhere. What wonders await the Intrepid upon this new and undiscovered territory? Who knows? Read the next segment to find out!

_____
Pfft, this is kind of the teaser for it. I was just really bored after playing some star craft >:p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally, I have people who like it :D.

I'll continue it soon.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Explain the current situation and what we can do to improve it," says Captain Shawl.

A holographic map emits from the desk, showing grid lines all around a red dot, symbolizing the Intrepid.

"This is us," says the Lutenient, pointing to the red dot. "We've sustained heavy damage to the rear of the ship from the 6 scourges. We've managed to repair engines, but we still have no hyper drive." He puts his finger on the red dot and it enlarges and takes the shape of the Intrepid. Red sections are seen on the holographic images showing damaged sections. "Shields are down; we hope to have them up within a couple days. We've lost turrets 3, 6, 7, 8, and 12. We've also lost lazers 4, 9, 12, 13, 19, and 24. We're running on backup power for now until the core is able to be reactivated again."

"Thank you..." responds the Captain, "Can you tell me where we are?"

The Lutenient points off of the ship, shrinking it back into a red dot. "We are, as I said... we're off the map. I've scanned the area though." The map expands back, showing a massive black area full of grid lines. "For some reason the computer can't seem to determine which way Station 315 is; infact, I can't seem to find any Federation stations. We are alone out here sir... or atleast I hope we are."

"What do you mean?" asks the Captain.

"Well, when we were hit with the scourges," says the Lutenient, "we were thrown off course into .. here. The thing is, we're still in Zerg territory. But, the thing is, this wasn't here before."

"What?" asks the Captain

"It appears as though space was... stretched from somewhere here and pulled in a circle away from the location. We are on new space, and that is why we can't find out where we are. I would assume that's why there's no zerg coming to get us, because they can't detect anything here." responds the Lutenient.

"Captain Shawl to the bridge," says the First Commander over the intercom.

"On my way," responds the Captain, taking a breath as he gets up. "Thank you for showing us the current situation, Lutenient. Meeting adjourned."

The officers leave the room along with Captain Shawl, getting back to their posts.

-----On the Bridge-----

"What is it, John?" asks Shawl.

"Space is expanding. We've been pushed back 1400 Kilometers from where we were. I believe ---" The commander is interrupted as the ship suddenly rocks from an impact.

"What the hell was that?" asks the Captain.

"We're being pulled back in... space is collapsing back." the Lutenient responds, "We need to get out of here now!" He turns around, showing an expression of fear.

"Set a course to... anywhere. Get us away from here." says First Commander Johnathan.

The ship turns, only visible from the light emitting from the lights on the hull. The engines flare as they are ignited to move.

The ship continues to shake, growing to an uneasy rate. An uneasy, loud, deep bending noise is heard, like bending metal.

"Status?" shouts the Captain through all the rumbling.

"We're sustaining heavy damage from the pulling, I believe we're being pulled into a black hole!" the Lutenient yells back.

The ship is pulled back farther and farther. Bits and pieces of the mammoth ship's hull are ripped off as though it was paper.

"Sir, the hull is being torn from the ship! We can't keep pushing forward or we'll be ripped in half!" shouts the Lutenient.

"Hyper drive?" asks the Captain, "Is there any way to use it?"

"We may be able to, but not for very long, and we may be damaged!" shouts the Commander.

"I don't care! Get us out of here!" Shawl shouts back, growing impatient.

The commander pushes in a few commands into his console and the ship shakes uncontollably. It makes a low pitched noise as energy builds up and then rockets out of gravity's grip.

Sparks fly out of every console in the bridge as the hyper drive engine explodes from an over build up of energy.

Screams are heard all over the bridge as people are thrown around the room. Sparks continue to light up the bridge and the Captain looks out of the view screen, seeing a massive building right infront of the Intrepid.

"All hands, brace for impact!" shouts the Captain into the com, hoping everyone hears it. The Intrepid rams straight into the structure, it's hull being torn apart as it flies through the structure.

The Captain is thrown out of his chair a few feet as the ship comes to an unhealthy stop. Shawl can still hear the alarms ring and the sparks fly from the console.

"Report!" Shouts Shawl as he stands up from the reckage, which was the bridge 30 seconds ago.

"We've taken heavy damage, hull efficiency down to 47%, shields are gone, hyper drive is non-responsive, engines are off-line, power is down to 13%, life support is running on battery. We've lost all weapons, except the yamato gun. I'm reading what went wrong..." The Lutenient stares for a moment as he reads the information pooring off the screen. "The explosion forced us upside down... we flew where the space was going. This station has a halo shape. Magenetic generators are located every 5 feet... If this station generated enough power it could make a black hole."

"So this is what caused the space to stretch..." says the Commander.

"Yes, it has an interesting design... Could it be of the Xel'Naga?!" Lutenient Miffuny asks excitedly.

"Xel'Naga is just a myth, like the Greeks. The Federation believes they were not real." responds the Captain.

"Wait... I'm getting more information on the Station... it has Zerg properties. It appears to have been infested."

*The ship shakes slightly.*

The intruder alert sounds, bringing everyone to attention.

"Sir, I'm reading 28 zerg lifeforms onboard the ship." says the Lutenient.

The captain stands up, looking at the space station...

---To Be Continued....---

I'll fix errors when I get back, thundering outside >_>.

Best answers
Amazing! Truely amazing! Keep going man, dont - I repeat, dont stop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom