Beam's?

Best answers
ok so i am on bryan's 1.2 server today and i was beaming owning... cause melee is boring.. so i am owning everbody with cell and they keep yelling at me..calling me a transkiller when they are in the wide open waiting to get hit with my beam.. they keep calling me names and call me a newb.. :shocked:

seems all they wanna do is melee and i wanna beam any thing wrong with that? :tired:

Best answers
Well peaople dont like if u kill them while transforming :)
And peaople like melee fights , and melee is not boring...wel i think it is great.
So you will be a newb for everyone if u will kill them whit beams... so try a melee some times :p

Best answers
lol i do try melee but its the same stuff over and over again so it gets redundent :tired:

Best answers
Oh...well i think that melee is fun :)
I like meleeing more then beaming :laff:

Best answers
lol i only do it to make people mad cause they cann't do anything about it :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't do anything about it? Beams are pretty easily avoided, you just have to keep a watch. People will get mad, allthough I can only see irony in your statement that melee is boring. Firing beams is much more repetetive and boring than melee, you know the onyl reason you like it is becuase of the explosion FX and the quick kills ;).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
moto said:
lol i do try melee but its the same stuff over and over again so it gets redundent :tired:
And "kamehame...HAAAAAA" isn't the same thing over and over again, right? Jeeze. Another one insulting the team.

If people complain that your playing like a tool, start your own server. That's the best way to avoid the problem.

Best answers
You guys dont know how to use beams right ;/

Trust me, beams are not dead. It just takes to highly skilled players to show you what I mean. Lemme give you an example from today...

I was on our clan server today ( -:{GODZ}:- ), and I was going head to toe with this person in melee. I mean, he blocked all my movesm I blocked all this, we would then do simple melle, but we would each block each others melee hits. Throw was useless as we would always block each others throws and such. So that's where the beams come in...

Generic Beams (and Balls) are your best friends. Just spam them to death with them. Yes, they can easily avoid them, but you know you can detonate them right? Then after you shoot with a beam, go in at melee (or Vice Versa).

Remember, whenever they are on the ground, just shoot them with generics. If your opponent has his back turned, I suggest a stronger beam, and remember, detonate it. It's not gonna be doing as much as a direct hit, but it's better then nothing.

Once both players start doing all these crazy moves all together, it actually seems to become a fight like Z. Today we both did this to each other and we actually had power struggles.

The trick is...you have to mix it up. That way it makes you a better player, and makes the game more interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The trick is...you have to mix it up. That way it makes you a better player, and makes the game more interesting.
True that, my friend. Amen.

Best answers
You were probably also shooting people as they finished a round of adv. melee. Nothing is more irritating than watching some clown you've been pounding for the last half hour float up and start charging a beam you know is coming your way as soon as you stop fighting. I've taken to mass teleports after every adv. melee fight, and a good percent of the time it saves my life. It's just a shame that I have to do it at all.

Best answers
its called everybody is a target :laff: :tired: its only a game i don't see y people get steamed about beams.. they are easly avoideable..if you cann block or avoide them...well you just suck :shocked:

Best answers
Beams are part of the game. When they get hit while transforming they should stop transforming and care about the Beamer, that was his intention after all. (I prefer Kame Torps to stop Transformations, though)
I also use them to gain a Ki advantage when they use frantic tele to avoid the beam/ball.
I agree Jarrstin, the mix is important.
Beamspamming is boring, Meleeing only is boring, tactics brings you the most fun.
(and watching the enemy depleting his Ki loosing his transformation and falling down)
When the enemy is thinking you are waiting for a melee fight send him something unexpected.

Best answers
well its not the beams ppl get steamed about...i mean i admit ive used beams b4...but theres a time and place for it..cause think about it...if u used melee like the vast majority of ppl playing...and u were in a good fight with someone (i mean each of u are countering each others moves) and the fight goes on and u get into it...then all of a sudden BAM..theres a kame or db/sb that hits either u or someone around u and kills u along with 3 or 4 other ppl in the server...ur gonna get a lil pissed...even if u are the only one thats killed...u were still killed by someone that shot a beam at u (usually either from hiding at the edge of a map...or from across the map) while u were trying to have a nice fight with someone else...true it is just a game...but what u are doing is interrupting someones game by doin that...and when someone gets transed with vegeta...and has ff and bb at their disposal it can get really annoying...cause ff will nuke a map easily if their pl is high enuff

Best answers
the only time i use beams is after adv melee. as soon i get in advanced melee i change to a strong fast beam att. then when i get knocked back or the opponent gets knocked back i charge the beam and kill the guy while he is swooping.

this looks pretty funny when when u do it right.

Best answers
Right. I guess the mix is important. The next time you should charge the beam abusers with all the others and show them how pleasant a decent melee fight is. or you can beam him back or try beamstruggle or block while s.o. is waiting for him to charge or let him sit in a kiblob. I think if they want some attention they should get it.
Also when charging something and/or depleting your ki with beams you are nearly defenseless.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My favorite way to deal with someone charging up a beam that is obviously meant for me or my melee partner is simple: I throw the opponent at them. One of three things ends up happening:

1.) The guy shoots the beam and my melee opponent goes flying into the head, killing my opponent without crediting me but stopping the beam (good so that I can annihilate the beamer subsequently)
2.) The thrown melee opponent hits the beamer while he's still charging his beam, and they both die--one of them credited to me, sometimes.
3.) I miss but distract the beamer enough that I can chainswoop from jump to forward and tackle him.

No problemo. Hehe.

Best answers
Beams are still useful for reasons mentioned above. Plus there's nothing like a quick beamjump when at low ki to catch a breather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom