TELL ME ABOUT BOTS!!

Best answers
I made a thread about a couple of questions about bots and if they had recorded messages, but the thread was locked by some 20 year old that has no life that still likes Sonic:p....
Anyway, are they for real or are what they say are just recorded messages?

Best answers
how bout this:if u possibly think that they talk to u,answer them and see what happens :)

ps:youd be better talking to a wall though

and your meen :( wats wrong with sonic o_O the sonic teem got mor money from there games then u ever will :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you didnt catch what he ment.... they are recorded in the bots chat txt or somethign of that name, u can change it to whatever you want them to say... including the names.

Best answers
simulation. sonic is known to be a very mean guy but I still think that post needed closing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way Rick has coded the chat is so that they seem more realistic. You can fully customize what they say, when they say it and how they say it. They can also respond to things (if you say hi, they may say hi back).

Bot names are just like the bot chat. You can fully customize what you want the bots to be called. So if you wanted a bot named after you, you can do it.

And if you want to edit other stuff (bot related), poke around in the esf\esf_bot folder and you'll find some files (hopefully explained well enough) to help customize your bots. And I think the reason he closed the last one was because you didn't read the stickies, a couple of rules are: no HL2 threads, no open source threads and no asking for release date threads (yours). Plus, the team does it for free because they want to.

BTW, Sonic is cool =)

Best answers
but where are they getting this money to make a game??? PLus internet bills for them, and program skills, internet site.etc

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Points to a team members pockets*

They pay for dedicated servers (Greg and Mastasurf), programs, internet bills etc out of their own pocket. And they learn their skills on their own (unless they took classes, like say for programming).

The source of income they get is through the Force pit, but thats about enough to pay for one dedicated server or so (maybe that's changed now).

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Future_Gohan said:
but where are they getting this money to make a game??? PLus internet bills for them, and program skills, internet site.etc
Well, I'd chance a guess and say that they have jobs. I know that Greg owns the company that hosts this site/forums, so I'd imagine that would cushion the hosting bill a bit.

As for programming skills, I'd say that Joe and harS are gifted and put the time in to study C++, and they are, more likely than not, good with problem solving - that's key to being a coder. Besides, programming with C++ is also taught in a number of schools. I also study C++.

Now that your monetary questions have been answered, are you in need of this thread any further? It seems you have drifted off of the topic (bots), and have begun to inquire in other concerns.

Best answers
Okay On topics the bots have recorded messages but they respond to each other if you have more then one in the server but it still is a base recorded message that may or may not be spelled correctly when it comes up just for added realism. [Me] of course knows best as they are his creation. ask him if it really bothers you that much

Also what do you have against sonic? i mean sonic is a rockin hedgehog. As for the mod sonic again rocking hedgehog, also he closed your thread because of your lack of common curtesy to for one to the team who work hard to bring us a mod for free, 2 for asking questions that are against the rules to ask (When will 1.3 be out falls i believe under the same jurisdiction as the dont ask when 1.2 comes out) and considering 1.2 just came out again its pointless to ask.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why the hate >.< I just did my job -_-'

I'm not mean I'm just honest... if anybody was "mean" in that last thread it was you for acting demanding towards the team and being a smart ass trying to tell them they shouldn't be wasting their time on a mod. You keep being a smart ass insulting me in your threads too -_-'

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
Besides, programming with C++ is also taught in a number of schools. I also study C++.
I wish my school tought programming classes... How I would love to program in school, that would like make my day ^_^

Best answers
Wow, I never found a school that didn't teach programming. Where do you live around pcjoe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom