A Throwing Explanation for all the 1.2'ers who take the short bus home from school

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really tired of people whining and pissing and moaning about throw. So here, I made a thread.

Most of you don't know this, but in real life, my name is Rob Walker. Because of playing guitar in lots of bands throughout the years, I got a stupid little nickname that people still call me to this day: "Rob Rocker." And on my online journal, sometimes to make a point against an *******'s ranting, I do something called a "Rob Rocker Fun Fact"...a little window that has some little factoid in it that explains the hell out of whatever the current stupid idiot has wrongfully and purposefully said.

And I think it's time that ESF has had some Rob Rocker Fun Facts. So here goes nothing.

• Rob Rocker Fun Fact: The throw IS blockable.
    • Many people will tell you it isn't, but it is. There are two ways of blocking it--one is to attempt to drain the enemy's ki while he swings you about. The other way is to block the enemy's initial swoop and prepunches. Blocking an enemy's prepunches lessens his ability to perform combo attacks and strings of rapid hits because it SEVERELY reduces the charge time for the combo...and as an added bonus, you CANNOT be thrown by an enemy if you block their prepunches.
  • Rob Rocker Fun Fact: Throws do not do a horrific amount of inescapable damage.
    • It isn't uncommon to be flung into things like other players when thrown. Hitting the walls is also damaging. However, the damage from a very successful melee exchange, any beam attack hitting you directly, or a power struggle are all far more dangerous.
    • It should also be noted that you can walljump off of any surface (even the ground) if you just hold down jump while being through. You will escape helpless damage from ki blasts this way, and you are able to immediately launch into a retaliatory swoop which the enemy will be totally unprepared for, thus giving you an actual advantage.
  • Rob Rocker Fun Fact: A player cannot spam throws and defeat any opponent.
    • When this occurs, it should be noted that it is nothing more than luck, or the player's shoddy countering ability. Yes, it is annoying, but if an enemy repeatedly throws you chances are their ki will be burnt into oblivion anyway; if it isn't any of the above counters can make the throw attempt put you at an advantage.
  • Rob Rocker *BONUS* Fun Fact: Helen of Troy is a piece of ass.
    • 'Nuff said.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Vamp's Reality Check: The throw HAS BEEN tweaked in the patch.
  • The throw is faster and takes more ki to use in 1.2.1 . It isn't as easy to use over and over, and it is not as frustrating to get thrown.
  • A throw can no longer be initiated after 8 prepunches so that players can no longer abuse the ability to prepunch 11 times and then throw someone for extra damage.

Do we really need lists like this? I understand where you're coming from but aren't you just acknowledging the people complaining for nothing?

Best answers
I think throw is friggin useless :p You gotta sit and wait for like 15 seconds to get 20 damage, and ki blobs dont even hit people who hit ground or wall, everyone knows to hold jump now :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Sonic Vamp's Reality Check: The throw HAS BEEN tweaked in the patch.
  • The throw is faster and takes more ki to use in 1.2.1 . It isn't as easy to use over and over, and it is not as frustrating to get thrown.
  • A throw can no longer be initiated after 8 prepunches so that players can no longer abuse the ability to prepunch 11 times and then throw someone for extra damage.
Do we really need lists like this? I understand where you're coming from but aren't you just acknowledging the people complaining for nothing?
Not really. This ends a lot of the confusion for people who complain that throws are inescapable/unstoppable/superspam/unbalanced/unavoidable. That was my point in making the thread, anyhow.

Best answers
IMO, tweaking the throws as Sonic Boyster is a MAJOR disappointment!
If people are having a little cry over the throws, maybe they should train a bit first, eh? All I know is I'm not getting that patch. >=^[

Best answers
JebusKai said:
IMO, tweaking the throws as Sonic Boyster is a MAJOR disappointment!
If people are having a little cry over the throws, maybe they should train a bit first, eh? All I know is I'm not getting that patch. >=^[
Um, thats why people are having a cry, because NOOBS are throwing constantly. If you dont get the patch, youll be playing against bots.

I think this thread was well needed. Good job SaiyanPrideXIX

Best answers
Super_vegito34 said:
Um, thats why people are having a cry, because NOOBS are throwing constantly. If you dont get the patch, youll be playing against bots.

I think this thread was well needed. Good job SaiyanPrideXIX
Yeah.
I dont like the guys who are throwing all the time either :/
I prefere advenced melee combos :)

Best answers
helen of troy looks hardcore ! what you have against her ? she is german ... but germans are beautiful !!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care what race she is. She needs to be in my house immediately.

Ontopic: too many people that ***** about the throw seem to be generally unaware that you can render it useless.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I don't care what race she is. She needs to be in my house immediately.

Ontopic: too many people that ***** about the throw seem to be generally unaware that you can render it useless.
Exactly.
People don't realize that throw's are almost usless now if your smart about how to block them.
BLOCK THE PREPUNCHES
What happened to all the block whores from 1.1? Why are they complaining now? All you have to do is block the prepunches, BAM they can't throw you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also pretty much hate ppl just trowing all the time...Nice tips and so on... :) hehe

Best answers
Someone will only "throw all the time" if you allow them to. Same for 1.1 with "HOWing". They only do it if you give them the oppertunities. If you stop them from throwing you, they will do something else. Throwing is merely a strat to win, and its a good one considering 80% of the people out there can't stop it because they wont RTFM.

Now there screwing up throwing even more in the 1.2.1 patch, and now its going to be totally usless.

Best answers
I realy hate the teleport kickers...or how should i call them...ok i understand that is some kind of tactic...but i dont like it :laff:
What about you?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now there screwing up throwing even more in the 1.2.1 patch, and now its going to be totally usless.
They've been making this game for how long. I'm sure that they aren't "screwing it all up."

If that is the case, by all means, mod the mod and show us the light.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the hell do you mean screwing it up even more? All you've seen of throwing is 1.2, so how can you justify screwing it up "more?" More than what?

Throw is a strategy, yeah. It's a fail proof strategy that takes forever and a day to pull off. After the patch it'll be more risky and it'll be much faster. What is wrong with that?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, i dont know why people have a problem with it, unless im low hp throwing never really makes much effect. my tip would be, just let them throw you, it waists their ki and dont waist yours, hold jump untill u can swoop of any walls or face the floor and do the same, then either blast em with sumthin small and melee them or teleport away and leave the throw spammer.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom