Warcarft FF The demise of the lich king.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Since i'm kinda bored lately, i started a fanfic based around warcraft 3. I hope you people like it.

The demise of the lich king.

chapter 1 :Illidan's return.

As his mind was focused on pain, Illidan heard Arthas walk up the stairs, towards the frozen throne. Illidan's head was tumbling. Arthas had inflicted a great wound upon him. He could feel his energy drain away. Illidan felt it, the pain was excrusiating. But still concious, and trying to get up, he heard Arthas walk out of his hearing limits. Lot's of mist, allmost unnatural, was forming around the top of the frozen throne. As Illidan finally stood up in pain, he turned his head upwards, he heard the sound of metal clashing upon something hard. Whatever it was, it broke down, for he heard debris fall down. There where lot's of things going through Illidan's mind, but the first thing that crossed it was "I have to survive" Illidan knew he would certainly die if he would linger on Northrend any longer. What he didn't know, was that the lich king was no more. He and Arthas had become one, and now posed an even bigger threat to the world. While Arthas was plotting new skemes, Illidan summoned a portal with his very last bit of power, the location didn't mather. He had to get of Northrend. The portal emerged, streaming black, surrounded by red rings. A cripple Illidan walked towards it, and his silhouette faded as he passed through the portal. For days Illidan was unconcious, until someday he heard voices, somewhat familiar voices. "Look! over there!" and another "What is it?" "It's him!, Report to mistress Shadowsong, we found him!". As it appeared, the portal had taked Illidan to Outworld, right in the hands of Mayev. Only minutes later, Mayev Shadowsong herself emerged at Illidan's location. She said "Finally we have the betrayer!" "Thanks to this cursed half demon, I have been banned away from my homeland" "I will have my revenge, but not now, we have even bigger concerns to work on." Shortly there after, Illidan was taken away to Mayev's basecamp, and was locked away from sight.

Illidan woke up screaming, bathing in sweat, he felt uncomfortable as he realized this place whas not what he had in mind. As his eyes got used to the dark, he found himself imprisoned. His hand went over his chest and he felt his wound had miraceously healed. He thought by himself: "Either i've been here for a long while, or someone or something healed me by magic". Curious as he was, he touched the walls with his hands trying to imagine where he could have possibly ended up, there were roots all around him with a few leaves and runners upon them. Twisting and turning these roots formed an inforced room, that seemed impossible to break out from. As Illidan studied these roots, he thought: "Could it be?" "Did the portal take me to my homeland?" "For these roots sure feel like it" He looked for proof, and tried to bend some roots, Finally, Illidan found some thin ones, and bended the roots, what he heard, was little. But it got him scared. The sound was unmistakable, he'd recognize the sound of the everlating warm winds that allways razed through this wilderness. He then realized this wasn't Ashenvale, not at all, he had eneded up in Outland. There could only be one person who could construct a night self structure in Outland. He was captured by his nemesis, Mayev Shadowsong!
He heard a voice saying :" Finally, that living curse wakes up!". He heard foorsteps fading away, as if they went up a stair. Illidan knew what would come next. And he was right, soon thereafter two female guards, and Mayev herself returned to Illidan's cell. He heard Mayev speaking out unfamilliar words. As the last word was said, the roots started to move, and made an entrance to the cell of the somewhat frightened Illidan. Mayved walked towards Illidan, and grabbed him by his hair violently. Mayev wispered in Illidan's ear: "Don't even walk the wrong way or you'll be dead in an instant" "Now move !". Illidan obeyed, and followed Mayev up the stairs, being followed himself by the two guards, who came with Mayev. Allthough he was blind, he knew they dispised him. He could feel their foul looks penetrating his flesh.

Best answers
Well done. If you can correct a few spelling / grammar mistakes, it would be that much better, but since your not English, I think its great you even got it down that well versed.

Nice job :)

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Made a few changes.

The demise of the lich king.

chapter 1 :Illidan's return.

As his mind was focused on pain, Illidan heard Arthas walk up the stairs, towards the frozen throne. Illidan's head was tumbling. Arthas had inflicted a great wound upon him. He could feel his energy drain away. Illidan felt it, the pain was excrusiating. But still concious, and trying to get up, he heard Arthas walk out of his hearing limits. Lot's of mist, allmost unnatural, was forming around the top of the frozen throne.

As Illidan finally stood up in pain, he turned his head upwards, he heard the sound of metal clashing upon something hard. Whatever it was, it broke down, for he heard debris fall down. There where lot's of things going through Illidan's mind, but the first thing that crossed it was "I have to survive" Illidan knew he would certainly die if he would linger on Northrend any longer. What he didn't know, was that the lich king was no more. He and Arthas had become one, and now posed an even bigger threat to the world. While Arthas was plotting new skemes, Illidan summoned a portal with his very last bit of power, the location didn't mather. He had to get of Northrend.

The portal emerged, streaming black, surrounded by red rings. A cripple Illidan walked towards it, and his silhouette faded as he passed through the portal. For days Illidan was unconcious, until someday he heard voices, somewhat familiar voices. "Look! over there!" and another "What is it?" "It's him!, Report to mistress Shadowsong, we found him!". As it appeared, the portal had taked Illidan to Outworld, right in the hands of Mayev. Only minutes later, Mayev Shadowsong herself emerged at Illidan's location. She said "Finally we have the betrayer!" "Thanks to this cursed half demon, I have been banned away from my homeland" "I will have my revenge, but not now, we have even bigger concerns to work on." Shortly there after, Illidan was taken away to Mayev's basecamp, and was locked away from sight.

Illidan woke up screaming, bathing in sweat, he felt uncomfortable as he realized this place whas not what he had in mind. As his eyes got used to the dark, he found himself imprisoned. His hand went over his chest and he felt his wound had miraceously healed. He thought by himself: "Either i've been here for a long while, or someone or something healed me by magic".

Curious as he was, he touched the walls with his hands trying to imagine where he could have possibly ended up, there were roots all around him with a few leaves and runners upon them. Twisting and turning these roots formed an inforced room, that seemed impossible to break out from. As Illidan studied these roots, he thought: "Could it be?" "Did the portal take me to my homeland?" "For these roots sure feel like it"

He looked for proof, and tried to bend some roots, Finally, Illidan found some thin ones, and bended the roots, what he heard, was little. But it got him scared. The sound was unmistakable, he'd recognize the sound of the everlasting warm winds that allways razed through this wilderness. He then realized this wasn't Ashenvale, not at all, he had ended up in Outland. There could only be one person who could have a night elf structure in Outland. He was captured by his nemesis, Mayev Shadowsong!

He heard a voice saying :" Finally, that living curse wakes up!". He heard footsteps fading away, as if they went up a stair. Illidan knew what would come next. And he was right, soon thereafter two female guards, and Mayev herself returned to Illidan's cell. He heard Mayev speaking out unfamilliar words. As the last word was said, the roots started to move, and made an entrance to the cell of a somewhat frightened Illidan. Mayved walked towards Illidan, and grabbed him by his hair violently. Mayev wispered in Illidan's ear: "Don't even walk the wrong way or you'll be dead in an instant" "Now move !". Illidan obeyed, and followed Mayev up the stairs, being followed himself by the two guards, who came with Mayev. Allthough he was blind, he knew they dispised him. He could feel their foul looks penetrating his flesh.

A few days ago, a tall shape was seated on a throne, his face was not human, he had the looks of a beast, it was a demon. Kil'jaiden sat on the throne that Illidan had conquered. Magtheridon's former base was taken shortly after Illidan had left to Northrend. A large fel Orc lieutenant approached Kil'jaiden.

"Your orders, Master !?" Said the fel orc. The demon lord replied with " What's our status on that she- elf?" The fel orc said: "We know little of them, master. None of us have been able to find their base". Kil'jaiden seemed somewhat agrivated " How hard could it be, to find a night elf base in outland !? Bah ! Once more am I surrounded by fools!". Kil'jaiden calmed down, and said: "Find their base, leave none alive, and bring me the mask of Mayev! What you do with her, is up to you. Just make sure she suffers!" "Yes, Master!".

The fel orc lieutenant ran off to his troops. He said: "Master wants us, to find the night elf base, off we go!".

Swarms of large red skinned orcs left the barracs. Large steel boots crushed everything that came on their path. At some point they splitted up in tree seperate groups, to increase their chance of finding their foes.

Chapter 2 :The attack.

Back at the night elf base, Illidan was taken outside. Mayev approached him again, and said: "If it wasn't for this dangerous situation we are in, you would have been dead by now." Illidan turned his face to Mayev, and had a surprised look on his face. He knew Mayev was up to something. Mayev continued :"It seems that your former master has taken over that fortress of yours." Illidan responded:"What, Kil'jaiden !?". Mayev hitted illidan hard in his stomach, and raised her voice: "Do not interupt me, Illidan !" "It seems Kil'jaiden found out, that we have an establishment here, and i have no doubt he intends to get rid of us". "Our scouts have reported that his forces are vast." "I hate to say it, but.. we... need your help.." Knowing Illidan would be punished for this, he started to laugh out loud. "Hahahaha!" "How ironic, after everything you tried to do to me, you need my help." Mayev grabbed her blade, and cutted Illidan's wings off. "There ! Not only is this a lesson in respect, it prevents you from escaping us aswell!"

Illidan didn't even move. Nor did he give any sign that he was in pain. Dark purple blood, came out of the remains of where his wings were. He was furious!, but he held in his anger. Mayev resumed the conversation, and said: "Now i will undo what i did 3000 years ago!" Illidan held his breath, for he thought he was going to be executed afterall. Instead, Mayev casted a spell, she raised her hands at the sky, and then slowly pointed them towards Illidan's head. "Naje hejijan ranan jejeda!".

The blindvault fell off. The light was awfull, it was hurting his eyes. After a few minutes he got used to the light, and slowly opened his eyes. "I forgot...I forgot how it was..". Illidan took a few steps backwards. "What are you up to, Mayev!?" She said:" We are in need of warrriors, not blind fools" Illidan answered this insult and said: "You know as well as I, I do not not need eyes to track my enemy". Mayev had a sarcastic look on her face. "Try your inner sight, it will not work, not even our owl scouts are able to view distant lands".

Illidan closed his eyes, and started to focus. But no mather how hard he tried, it didn't work. "What is this sorcery!?". Mayev said: "We suspect Kil'jaiden has caused this blindness". "Ever since he has arrived we are unable to use our scouting skills, the only thing we have left, are our own eyes."

He stood still, the dry wind blew through his hair. He stared at Mayev, without blinking an eye. illidan was surprised by the fact, that Mayev took his blindfault off. He didn't thrust her at all. She had to be up to something, but somehow he couldn't feel if she was lying or not. "Bah, curse it!" "What do you want me to do?" said Illidan. "For now...., nothing.." replied Mayev.

Mayev felt somewhat confused, was she doing the right thing? Removing Illidan's blindfault made him even more dangerous then he allready was. "He is a man of honor, i think he will obey" "But i must not give him more space then he deserves" "I will have guards keeping an eye on him". She knew, guarding Illidan didn't have any real use. With his half demon strength, Illidan was probably the most powerfull being in this camp. Not even mountain giants would be able to hold him back.

At this time, a fel orc group was nearing Mayev's base. They finally discovered where the night elves had been hiding. They turned to the left and headed straight for the base. In front of the base their where large creatures stationed, they where ancient protectors, allies of the night elves. A big orc ordered his men to load the catapults, for he knew how tough these ancient protectors were. The only thing that could harm them was fire. Burning projectiles were loaded on the catapults. "3! 2! 1! , Fire!" Flames were flying through the air, and landed on the protectors. The flames were spreading all over these green giants, and burned them to ashes.

Mayev and Illidan saw the burning projectiles in the sky, and knew they were under attack. "We're under attack!" "Defend yourselves" Said a huntress. With the protectore out of their way, the orcs now roamed freely through the night elves's base. Lot's of nigh elves where slaughtered, but then Illidan and Mayev arrived on the scene. Illidan envulved himself in flames and started cutting through the orcs with his two double blades. Mayev swinged with her cloak, at the very ends of her cloak hundreds of knifes were sticking out, and many orcthroats were cut. The night elves were winning. The orcs were driven back.

Illidan looked pleased, he cleaved through his foes as it was nothing, the combination of Night Elf and demon blood, were uninvincible. The orcs were scared of Illidan and cowered after he slayed dosens of them "Retreat! Retreat!" Mayev looked at Illidan and realized, she made the right move, but she would not allow herself to thrust Illidan, she was convinced that the traitor can not be thrusted, never!

Many of the retreating orcs were followed by sharp arrows, their numbers had been reduced to allmost nothing.

But what the night elves did not realize, is that the other two groups had arrived, the remaining troops of the first group were regrouping, and were preparing to launch another strike, this time with legions and great furocity. They marched uncontrolled towards mayev's base to inflict mass damage and destrucution.

Large vast numbers of orcs now rampaged through the base. Even Illidan had a hard time fending them off, they just kept coming. Their numbers seemed endless. Illidan fought on till he longer could. Finally slaying his last foe, he collapsed and layed on the ground, he awaited death, but death never came. When he woke up, he found out all the night elves where slain. There was not a single survivor. There were bodies everywere, the red sand was covered with dark purple blood. But there was no sign of Mayev.

Best answers
come on, cold steel, give another chapter! that is one good fan fic, and in my personal fav theme: the frozen throne!!!! weeeeeee!!!!!!!!

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally !!!! A reply, sure, i allready had another chapter ready, but i wanted to wait till someone came by who actually is interested. I'll get chapter 3 up in a few minutes.

*edit*

There!

Chapter 3: Dishonored.

Mayev was surrounded by many orcs, she was exhausted. She knew it would end soon for her. "Seize her!" Yelled an orc leader. Two sturdy looking orcs seized mayev without her putting up a struggle, and took her with them. A group of six orcs ran off with my Mayev. The leader of these six orcs was talking to them while they were running. Suddenly, they stopped. The leader said: "We only need to take her mask to the master, i'd say we have a little fun with her" The others loudly agreed. Mayev was shocked, she knew what they were about to do with her. She'd rather die, but these wretches did not intend to kill her, yet. Her mask was torn of her head. Fear was written all over her face. The orcs started to laught out loud. "Well well well, it seems we have a pretty lady here!". Soon there after her clothes where ripped of her body. She yelled: "I deserve a clean death! Please, not like this!" The leader told her to shut up. "You killed many of our brethren, and put us through lot of trouble" "You don't deserve a clean death, you cursed she-elf." Mayev tried to prepare for what was about to come.

Several screams left her mouth, as her legs and arms were smashed with blunt weapons, now she was no longer able to even put up a token resistance. Shortly thereafter her body was dishonored. Mayev was horrified, the seconds were passing as if they were hours. She was in great pain. She tried to prepare for what would come, but it was a nightmare. After the long hours had passed, the orcs finally stopped. Their leader said "We had our fun, men." "It's time to return to lord Kil'jaiden with the mask, and claim our just reward" One of the other orcs asked "What about the Elf!?" The leader answered: "Outland will claim her, we'll just leave her here to rot." After a few more laughs, the orcs left, heading north, leaving Mayev.

Mayev her spirit was broken. She assumed this would be her final hours of drawing breath, and cried softly. Just a few minutes later, she lost conciousness, no longer able to carry the pain of her physicall and menthal wounds.
Laying there naked, the wind was blowing through her long dark hair. A red sun was shining at the lowest of the horizon, soon the night would fall.

Illidan stopped his search for survivors, he walked around for a while till he found the remains of a moonwell and drank from it. His strength and energy where replenished in an instant. His eyes searched the ground, and he a saw a field flask laying on the red sand. He filled it with the replenishing water of the heavily damaged moonwell. He gathered some more suplies, and took everything he could carry. Thoughts where going through his mind, "Do I owe her this?" "She tried countless of times to kill me, but it was also her who saved me from certain death, after i came through portal." Illidan smiled and said to himself: "Heh, i guess i do owe her, but even if I save her, I bet she won't even thank me." He stood up, he looked at the sky, night had fallen. He enjoyed watching the stars, as this was his first look upon star filled sky in 3000 years.

Illidan assumed the orcs took her north, since Kil'jaiden's base also lies to that diection. With great velocity he ran over the red sand of outland. Illidan used his newborn sight, while running. He found the trails of many orcs. Soon he discovered a seperate trail leading away from the main trail. He stopped, pondering wich way he would go now. He tried to use his inner sight, but he saw nothing but fog. Suddenly his eyes saw something. There was a knife laying on the ground. Illidan asumed it came from Mayev's cloak, and it looked like she was taken with the trail that was seperating itself from the main one.

He resumed his quest, and ran with even greater speed. He was closing in on her, he could feel it. He thought by himself: "If only that woman didn't cut off my wings." "Wait!" "By Kalimdor, could that be her!?" He saw something laying on the ground, about 700 ft away from him, it looked like it was a person. Illidan's heart was beating fast, as he thought he found here. Finally he closed in, and was shocked. "What, could this be Mayev". Right before his feet, a female night elf was laying on the ground, naked, mutilated, broken, and battered.

Illidan took a closer look and saw that is was Mayev. "Could this pityfull shell be all that remains of Mayev!?" He touched her wrist and felt if she still had a pulse. She was alive!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
thats awesome, very well put together, can't wait to read the rest,, goodjob mate ^^

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
and another one.

Chapter 4 :The recovery.

"By Elune!, what have they done to you!?" Illidan was horrified with the thoughts of what was done to Mayev. "No time for this, i can think about this later, allthough i'm not sure i realy want to". He saw the remains of Mayev's clothes laying around, and took most of the rags with him. He picked up Mayev, and laid her on his shoulder, he carried Mayev as he searched for a shelter. Illidan looked up, and spotted something on the horizon, allthough it was night, he could clearly see what was coming. Clouds of sand were approaching, a sandstorm! Illidan started running, he knew Mayev would not endure a sandstorm in these conditions. After running for a while, he saw a small cave big enough to fit them both in. Relieved as he was, he laid Mayev on the cavefloor, and covered her with the rags. Illidan touched her hand, and it felt cold. Allthough Mayev still had a pulse, she was close to being dead. Illidan looked out the cave and spotted a log. "Good, that should suffice" He ran to the log and picked it up, and ran back to the cave. With his blades he cut the log in several pieced. He placed the wood in front of mayev, and with immolation*, he started a fire.

*the ability to engulve yourself with fire*

In the mean while, the orcs were marching back to their base. Their leader held Mayev's mask as the promised proof of her death. All of them were eagerly thinking of the reward that the mask would bring.

After a few days the orcs finally arived at their base, and marched in. Their leader was walking towards the throne gates, while proudly carrying the mask of Mayev. The guards let their weapons down, and allowed the leader to enter. One of them yelled :"Open the gates"! Large iron gates opened up with a lot of noise, and the fel orc walked through. Kil'jaiden was seated on his throne, and was eagerly awaiting the news, the fel orc would bring him. Then he heard the footsteps of large boots approaching. Kil'jaiden looked up and immediatly saw the mask of Mayev. "I take it that wretched elf is finally out our way"? said Kil'jaiden. "Yes Master". "Good!, now let's see, i promised you a reward, right"?

The cave was enlightened by the fire, and the shadows were playing on the cavewalls. A dry wind still blew the sand many miles away. The sand storm was still raging over the lands outside. Illidan was checking on Mayev, as she still felt cold. "How could this be..? she's still cold?" "I guess i have no choice then. However, she will probably kill me if she lives to hear it" Illidan laid himself next to Mayev with his body touching her's. Illidan was awake the entire night, as he wouldn't want to wake up and find out Mayev passed away, so he checked her pulse every now and then, and made sure the fire would keep burning.

After a long night, daylight was climbing the horizon. The sandstorm was gone. Illidan was relieved, Not only because the sandstorm was gone, also, Mayev made it through the night, and she finally felt warm, a strong pulse was flowing through her veins. "I think it's time to look at your wounds" Said Illidan. He removed the rags and started to clean the wounds, he opened the flask with moonwellwater, and poured most of it on her grievous wounds. After cleaning the wounds, he took some of the rags, and used them as bandage. He covered most of the wounds. As he still had some water left, he touched Mayev's dry lips and opened them with his thumb and index finger, he tried to let her drink, but there was no response. "Sigh...Let's just hope you wake up in time, you're starting to dehydrate". While Mayev was still asleep, he looked for some straight branches to support her broken legs and arms. After walking around for a while, he found some trees with plenty of the desired branches.

In the cave Mayev was still sleeping, dreaming of the nightmare that had overcome her, over and over again. After numerous times she suddenly woke up, and found herself in a cave, with the remains of a campfire next to her. She tried to move but screamed out in pain. She realized, her arms and legs had been broken. Then the thought of a large blunt weapon went through her mind. "Curse those orcs"! "If i ever find them, i will...i will..." Suddenly the cave went dark, a tall figure stood in the entrance. "Who are you!? show yourself"! The face of the figure approached mayev's. Illidan! "So you've come to finish me off!? Go ahead"! But surprisingly for Mayev, Illidan lifted her head, and let her drink from the flask of moonwellwater. After she swallowed some of it, she asked:"You saved me"? Illidans face turned away from Mayev, he answered:"Yes, i did" "Why did you"? "Why did you save me? You could have ended our endless fight, but you didn't. Why"?

Illidan said:"I owe it to you, Mayev, you saved me first, back then you could have killed me aswell, but you didn't, I would dishonour myself if would have left you to die". No answer was coming, from Mayev. Illidan looked at Mayev, she was back asleep.

Best answers
Wow. Good fan-fic, probably the best I saw untill now.
keep on going, I cant wait for more.

Best answers
most........have........more great job :yes: id love to see this in the real wc3 game it would be great

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thy wish shall be granted.

Chapter 5: The betrayer?

Illidan was checking the supplies he took with him from the base, back then he just took with him everything that could be of use. Most of it proved to be useless, he expected a battle but instead found himself nursing a nemesis. Illidan laughed in himself as he found his situation rather ironic. He returned his toughts back to the supplies, and started looking for food, "Mayev will probably be hungry, when she wakes up" He found an elvenbread, and took a bite. "Not bad, this will do".

Illidan was sitting in front of the cave, he was watching the horizon for any possible treads. From behind him came a voice "Why did you betray us, Illidan.. 3000 years ago, why did you do it"? Illidan looked back, Mayev was awake again, he answered :"If you really want to know, i'll tell you. I did it out of love". "What!?" "Yes, i did it out of love, you see back then i had a son, his name was Hijunal. I really loved my son, he was my everything, along with my wife". "You were married!?" "Yes, i was" "I was happy, as long as it lasted. You see, if you have great powers, people will allways tend to abuse you". "What do you mean"? "I'll tell you". "Do you still remember the war of the two great fires"? "Yes, i do". "Back then, the leader of the opposite force, ordered mercenaries to kidnap my family. They succeeded, and took them to Vardoc, the leader of the hellspawns we were fighting. I was broken, but not only did he tell me to stop fighting, he ordered me to kill Tiljuande, head druid of the order of Hijal". "You mean?.." "Yes! Vardoc told me he would kill my family if i did not obey him!" "At first I merely thought he was bluffing, he wasn't, soon the head of my wife was sent to me in some rags". "I couldn't imagine what he might have done to her, before finishing her". "Illidan....I never...I mean..". "Then he.." Tears were running from his eyes to his jaws. He stopped talking for a moment, and then he continued.

"He ordered me to kill Tiljuande, if i wouldn't obey, he would send me the head of my son" Illidan was shaking. "I was devastated, he forced me to choose between an eternity in captivity, or my child's life". "As you know by now, I chose to save the life of my son, and i assasinated Tiljuande, without hestitating" "From then on, i was called The Betrayer" "And I was locked down deep beneath the surface"

Mayev was shocked, allthough Illidan committed a crime, his heart is still innocent, she realized she would've probably done the same, in those very same conditions. Suudenly she asked:"What about your son, Illidan"? Illidan stopped shedding tears. "He is the reason why I followed Kil'jaiden, you see, Kil'jaiden is the brother of Vardoc". "I meant to retrieve information about my son, but instead doing horrible things to not let my cover down". "I never meant to hurt anyone, I only wanted to know if my son is still alive". "But i haven't had any succes yet" Illidan was returning to his normal self. Mayev lifted her head, and said:"For all that it's worth, I am sorry.." "Sorry for what!?" "For placing you behind bars, in darkness, I never knew anything of all that you just told me, Illidan, I really am sorry, please accept my apolagies" "I will forgive you Mayev, but won't forget it" "I'm not expecting you to" answered Mayev.

"Here, you should eat this", he fed Mayev the bread, as he would with a child, breaking pieces off, and bring it to her mouth. "I guess I deserve this",said Mayev "To be treathed like a helpless child". "Just eat allready" Illidan fed Mayev untill there was no more bread. "Great.. we're out of food now". "Ill try to find some tomorrow, for now, you must rest".

Soon thereafter, night fell, and Mayev was asleep with Illidan guarding her.

The next morning Mayev woke up and found herself to be alone. "Allthough he has no choice, i hate being left alone like this" In these conditions even a mere dog would have no effort in killing her. She tried to move her arm, and it moved! Allthough it was rather painfull, she could move her arm. "How.. how is this possible?" Then she remembered Illidan had a flask of water with him, she drank from it. "Moonwell water"! She pulled herself up into a seating position against the wall. She knew she couldn't stand up, but this would suffice for the moment.

Few hours passed, and Illidan returned carrying a dead beast. As he approached the cave he saw Mayev sitting. "I see the water from the moonwell is doing it's work". Mayev smiled. "Yes, i guess you can say that. Thank you Illidan". "But how did you find it? I tought the base was completely leveled with the ground"? "It was, but I was able to save this from the remains, i saw it was pouring out of a heap of rubble, and filled a flask with it, soon there after it stopped coming out" "By the way, i know it's against our principles to eat of the fauna, but this poor creature must have mistakened me for food, it attacked me, and I had no choice but to kill it" "To hell with our principles, I'm hungry"! said Mayev. Illidan lifted an eyebrow and looked at Mayev, then both Illidan and Mayev started laughing out loud.

Best answers
NICE!
good chapter,you got spare time for more?

*edit*
In the title, you named the fanfic "The Demise of the Lich King", but you haven't said a word about him. Is this all planned, and you are keeping it to the end, or something else? :smile:

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
assaf said:
NICE!
good chapter,you got spare time for more?

*edit*
In the title, you named the fanfic "The Demise of the Lich King", but you haven't said a word about him. Is this all planned, and you are keeping it to the end, or something else? :smile:
Nothing is planned, i just let my brain do the thinking work, while i'm typing. As for Arthas, i don't want to spoil anything. You'll find out. Anyway, another chapter is done. Voila!

Chapter 6: No refuge from Kil'jaiden.

Kil'jaiden jumped out fo his throne, and stepped forwards. "You what!?" Kil'jaiden, was furious. "You didn't make sure she was dead!?" The orc was shivering with fear, it was written all over his face. "But, master, you..." The orc stopped talking, as he was no longer able to. Kil'jaiden had cut the orc's head off. "Grrrr, what does it take to get a job done..... you'd have to do it yourself!, but I'm in no position, to do so." "Who knows what might happen if I leave this place alone for a day." Kil'jaiden sat down, back on his throne, and started thinking. "From what that unworthy abomination of an orc told me, they totally messed Mayev up, so she won't be going anywhere." "However, you never know what those elves can pull offf, but something else worries me more, that orc also told me, there was also a skilled fighter at that battle, who slayed many of my unworthy minions, I wonder, who could it be? and is he still alive?" "Bah, No mather who it is, I need someone who's able to follow orders. Hmm, I suppose I could let...him.. do it, yes, he would be perfect." "Guards!"

A cell door was opening, "Chain him!, now!" Eight big orc guards walked into the cell, and had a rather big struggle to do as the warden told them to. There seemed to be a very strong person in that cell, who resisted with all he had. When they finally mastered him, the prisoner's hands were bound on his back, and there was an iron collar around his neck that had eight chains attached to it, each of the chains was held by on the of the guards. "Where to, warden!?" "To the master with him" said the warden. The orcs took the prisoner upstairs. After a while, one of the orcs started hitting the prisoner hard in the stomach with a club. "Let's see how tough you are now, huh.. hahaha!" The prisoner didn't even lift an eyebrow, the orc got angry, and started hitting the prisoner harder. "Gunggash! stop playing allready!" said the biggest orc. "Fine, but next time i will" "Gunggash!" "Yeah yeah".

With the prisoner the orcs entered the throne room. Right before Kil'jaiden the orcs stopped, and started attaching the chains to the pilars. The orcs were done and were waiting further orders. "Leave! Now!" The orcs ran out of the throneroom, and the gates were closed behind them. Kil'jaiden walked towards the prisoner. "It's good to have you here, my ahem..friend..unfortunately, your feelings towards me are somewhat hostile, so I took some precautions, to ensure my safety. I really hope you don't mind."

Now that the prisoner was out of the shadows of the dungeons, you could finally see what he looked like, he was unusually tall, and muscled. He had big broad shoulders, and a dark purple skin, covered with scars. His face was hidden in his long dark hair, that reached his middle. The prisoner was very aware, where he got the scars, and wasn't thankfull towards Kil'jaiden. He stood up from his knees, and spitted right in front of Kil'jaiden's feet, on the ground. "Hmm, I see you still don't like me very much." "Oh well, I don't need you to". "You see, you can be rid of me, if you grant me a small favour. I will grant you freedom, if you bring me the body of Mayev Shadowsong." "Now, where would I find such a thing?" asked the prisoner. "About a four day travel south from here." said Kill'jaiden. "Then what if I just ran off, fool!" Kil'jaiden seemed amused and said "Oh, haha, you see, I allready thought you would do such a thing, so I had that collar you're wearing enchanted."

"Meaning?" "Meaning it will kill you, if you don't return in time with the body. You have ten days, starting now. If you fail to bring the body, I will simply leave the collar on, and let you die." "So, it's all your choice, you can either die, or gain your freedom, i don't think the choise is that hard to make." "Very well, it seems I do not have a choice". "Now what am i looking for exactly?" Said the prisoner. "You are looking for a nightelf, a female, you'll know when you see her, my orcs left quite the impression on her" said Kil'jaiden with a satisfied grin on his face. "One more thing, my loyal little slave, when my minions battled Mayev, they encountered a powerfull warrior, be aware, he might still be alive and aiding Mayev." "That'll be all."

"Guards! Take off those chains". Two guards unlocked the chains, keeping sight on the prisoners with their eyecorners. All chains were loose now, and the prisoner looked up. Kil'jaiden shouted, "Now go, and don't return without the body, you know the consequences."

Best answers
NICE! another master piece of fanfic by coldsteel.
keep it going, gj! this is just getting better and better!

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Chapter 7: The living dream.

After one fine meal, Mayev and Illidan were sitting down near the fire, that they had used to roast the meat. Mayev was looking at Illidan. She felt something had changed, of how she allways felt hostile towards Illiddan, but that was completely gone. While she kept thinking about it, she was still looking at Illidan. From his eyecorners, Illidan saw Mayev looking at him. Somewhat annoyed he responded. "What?" said Illidan. "Oh!" Mayev was caught in the act. Quickly she thought of something, to hide her true intensions. "Err..well, i was just wondering, how's it like to be able to see again." Illidan knew Mayev was hiding something, but he played along. He turned his head towards the sky. "After such a long time of complete darkness, you start to appreciate the small things, like the stars in the sky, normally I would just take them for what they are, but now, I can stare at them all night long, wondering where they might lead. or how they got there". Illidan smiled and asked. "This might be an odd thing to ask, but was that truely what you wanted to ask, Mayev?"

Mayev realized that Illidan caught her. She even started to blush. "I.., I.. was thinking of how.. the hostality, between us has shifted.. to.., to.. friendship." "Mayev?" Said Illidan. Mayev continued. "Well, you see, I.. I used to hate you from the bottom of me heart, for betraying our people." Illidan was surprised "Used to?" Mayev nodded "Yes, but now that you told me the story that was hold back for so long, I can no longer understand, why I held such hatred towards you" "It no longer makes sense". "What about you Illidan? How do you deel about me now?"

Illidan smiled, and said: "When I was traveling these wastes, trying to find you. I kept thinking if I was able to hold myself back from killing you or finishing you off, if I would ever be able to find you" Mayev had a frightened look on her face. Illidan laid his hand on her shoulder. And he continued "However, when I found you, I saw a fragile creature, that was laying on the boundary between life and death. I simply could not hold a grudge against you. My hate turned into sympathy for you, and then. I rolled you over on your back, and I got to see the face that had been hiding behind a mask for so long." Illidan was looking for the right words.

"It.. It was like a dream, not only were you not what I had expected, you.. you reminded me of Mirande. In my toughts I went back to Kalimdor, to the blessed forests of Ashenvale, to the very first moment and place where I first saw Mirande, I was young again". "Mirande?" Asked Mayev. "Mirande was my wife, the mother of my son. As I said, my toughts took me back, to the moment when I first saw her. I was amazed by her beauty, her hair was dancing in the wind, her eyes were like an ocean where a man could drown in, her face was fairer then Azune herself. And then she looked up, and saw me. She asked me who I was, and why I was sneaking around like that, I didn't have anything to say" Mayev chuckled. "You were speachless? Illidan nodded "Yes, I was stunned, and I was looking for any word that might be worthy of saying to her, instead, I just stood there, being shy like the boy I was"

Mayev chuckled again and asked: "What happened? Please go on" Illidan said: "She approached me, and she looked at me with those eyes, and then she asked me." "Well, we'll have to start somewhere, right? Why don't you start by telling me your name" "I was still petrified, but forcing myself to snap out of it, I finally told her my name" And with a smile on her face she said "Pleased to meet you Illidan, i'm Mirande" "I knew there was no turning back from then on, I was lovestruck." "When I finally loosened up, we started talking. We didn't even take notice of the nightfall, and our conversation lasted till the sunrise". "After that night, we had a lot of conversations like those, untill one night she kissed me" "We fell in love with eachother, and married soon there after".

"You now know enough to figure out the rest, Mayev"

Illidan sighed, and said: "There's on thing left to say about it, or should I say, about you." Mayev looked in Illidan's eyes. Illidan continued. "When I first saw your face, you reminded me of Mirande. Every word you say reminds me of her, Mayev." Mayev blushed even more this time, and tried to conceal her face by turning it to the side, but Illidan touched her cheek with his hand, and turned her face back towards his own. "When I rolled you over, I thought that I finally would see the face, that I hated for so long, but instead, I found a face that I loved from then on". Mayev was stunned, and tried to talk "Illidan..I, I feel.., I mean" She smiled, while tears were pouring down her face. "I love you too, Illidan, I tried to tell you, but I was affraid you would.. reject me"

Mayev reached towards Illidan's face, and she kissed him. Allthough it was a rather short kiss, they both knew they had longed for it, more then anything else. Then they stopped kissing. Mayev closed her eyes, and rested her head on Illidan's shoulder. Both of them fell asleep short thereafter.

Best answers
Wow. yeh just keep getting better eh?
good going man, GJ.

Oh and who is Azune? maybe elune the moon godess?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
fyi, the warden who was after illidan in the story, her name is spelled Maiev Shadowsong

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, i know, but i had it spelled wrong since the beginning, so i kept it Mayev. I'll try to spell correct in the next chapters ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom