Photoshop Question

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, first off, you might think this is wierd that I'M asking, this, might not... But yeah, I have a PS question.

Second, this thread may be off topic but it's about PS and it didn't really feel like an "Off topic" kind of thread to me, but if you feel differently, any mod, don't hesitate to relocate it...

Ok, down to business.... This may be kind of newb, but I've only been using PS for a month, so gimme a break here ~_~ When you save a sig or a wallpaper is there any way to save the layers seperately? Or do you have to save it seperately if you want it like that? 'Cause it's really annoying if you've saved it and exited PS and you want to edit it and you have to start all over 'cause of it... @_@

Best answers
Well, what PS has is its own special saving thing (the .xxx, i.e. .jpg) called .psd, and what this does is it saves it with all the layers. However, it doesnt not save the history. What you should do is save one version psd and one jpg/whatever.
Hope I explained well :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that, but when you re-open it, it's all locked...?

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea, i dont even use PS and i save most of my work as a .psd. You should be able to go back and edit psd's o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm. If you guys say so... I'll try it in a sec.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok ok I got it, I thought I tried it already, but I suppose I'll try it again.

Best answers
lol...

Please post if that fixed your problem, because if it didnt, im in awe (if thats how you spell it)

Also, if the different layers are there but theyre locked, you can always unlock them (by pressing the little lock icon in the layer pallete/window. Background layer in an exception for this, however you can always duplicate it and then everything works :])

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom