Mouse Skipping - esf 1.2

Best answers
Alright... this is just getting annoying. A week ago, i was owning everyone you know the usual have nice smooth mouse responses. I wake up sunday, thinking i can do the same as always... but every 5 seconds my mouse screws up. Ill be swooping and trying to swurve around the guy and hit him and my mouse f*cks up and it skips and i cant control my guy, ...

This has never happened before, does anyone else get this?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I get that problem as well, but it's not just my mouse, it's my keyboard as well. When that "skip" occurs, my MP3 Player also goes haywire. I haven't found a fix for it. I have a hunch on fixing it. It involves turning off smooth mouse responses, under Options > Mouse. I haven't tried that yet, but will try it over the weekend.

Best answers
ya, I've tried turning it ON, and it didn't do anything.

Although, what your talking about seems more like lag to me, I'm just talking about my mouse, my game runs fine, 80 fps and it stays there it's just my mouse.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try this-> Go to your control panel and open up mouse properties. Find and uncheck the box that says something about windows precision or mouse smoothing or something like that, apply it, then try again.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Son|Gohan said:
ya, I've tried turning it ON, and it didn't do anything.

Although, what your talking about seems more like lag to me, I'm just talking about my mouse, my game runs fine, 80 fps and it stays there it's just my mouse.
Actually, I get nearly 70-90fps on mine. It's just my responses fail every now and then, and it causes teh game controls to not detect my input commands.

I think it's just steam related, I have this problem in Counter-Strike (Steam), and Day of Defeat (Steam).

Best answers
I have noticed something similar w/ keyboard response. I will be trying to do combos and it would like make it blue when I want it green or not put in the right direction. Also head on's weren't working well at all either. I hardly notice any lag at all, and my pings are usually below 60 (one time these problems exhisted when I had 20 ping). But it could be certain servers...

Best answers
Are you using a cordless keyboard? if y ou are i know how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom