FPS GUIDE:READ IF U WANT BETTER FPS

Best answers
Disclaimer:I don't take any responsibility for any fools that go to extreme refresh rates then breaking your monitors, u gota know what your doing, cause don't forget that monitors cost money :/

k we all know about max_fps 100 rite?? that makes your litle bar say 100 when we put cl_showfps 1 in the console, but it's not as simple as that, now we add refresh rates and vsync into the fray. most of u probebly turn off vsync after u turn on max_fps 100, otherwise your stuck at 60, am i rite??

well theres a reason it's stuck at 60 when vsync is on :eek: that meens that esf has put it'self onto a 60 refresh rate and even if the litle bar says 100 it's only 60(with video tearing).

K so what i'm getin at is that if u increase the refresh rate, then you'l get higher fps, u will notice the difference so folow these directions:

1:do te fps_max 100 and turn off vsync(for nvidia cards, when on the desktop rite clik anywhere and clik properties, then clik settings, then advanced, clik on the tab with your video card name and, if u got the newest drivers, proformince settings, old, opengl, and turn off vsync).

2:u should be getting somewhere between 70 and 100, otherwise u won't get much outa this, on your desktop, rite clik and clik properties, then settings, if it says deficult moniter or plug and play moniter, be warned that if u go to a refresh rate your moniter can't support, u could damage it, and this program u need 2 download will go to the highest refresh rates it thinks your monitor can support, so just know what refresh rates u can get before getting this, so u can change it's suggestions if there not rite.

3:get refreshlock,this will change esf's refresh rate to whatever u want, just look at its resulution and colours u run it at and change its refresh rate:note u gota keep it on in the background wile playing esf.http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

4: when u got a good refresh rate keep fps_max at 100 but turn vsync bak on,so u won't get tearing.

PS:if your getting below 60 don't bother with this, vsync DOES NOT increse fps, only caps. And u will not get extra fps if when u got vsync off and get 70, when u change the rate over 70, then you'l have 70 untill u get new hardwhere. also refreshlock fixes a bug where if the game dosen't have a refresh rate command, then it will turn u to 60, and half-life dosen't have a command, so u need this to change esfs rate.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are forgetting its only for Windows 2000/XP

You might want to scan your system too for ads or pests, cause freeware isnt truly free.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should also mention how much VSync disabled sucks. It causes the monitor's picture to tear. Meaning, you get ripples in the picture when you turn in ESF. It is very distracting or else I would disable it. I am happy with my 60 FPS considering you can barely tell a difference between 60 and 100.

Best answers
wel its a good thing yall menshined it then :)
a 60 refresh rates also bad for te eyes mmmkay
and also esfs stil at a 60 refresh rate even with vsync off,your still at 60 fps anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it depends on the moniter. If a moniter can refresh very fluidly, then it won't hurt your eyes at that refresh rate.

If the moniter is sub-par, then you'll see some kind of blinking in the moniter and it'll hurt them.

Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
wel its a good thing yall menshined it then :)
a 60 refresh rates also bad for te eyes mmmkay
and also esfs stil at a 60 refresh rate even with vsync off,your still at 60 fps anyway.
Uh, No its not.
Like Smith said, it depends on the moniter. My moniter has 60fps, and it dosn't hurt my eyes in the least.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because my noob sense was tingling. (lol, jk)

Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
ehe if u al like 60 fps then y did u bother cliken te topic o_O
Because people always want more FPS, not to mention its not a constant 60, FPS is never constant, it changes.

Best answers
Optional said:
You should also mention how much VSync disabled sucks. It causes the monitor's picture to tear. Meaning, you get ripples in the picture when you turn in ESF. It is very distracting or else I would disable it. I am happy with my 60 FPS considering you can barely tell a difference between 60 and 100.
I turn off vsync and i dont see ripples when i turn... I also get constant 80 fps without tweaking any settings, just left everything at default

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah it depends on your monitor i think when i played 1.1 i had vsync off to get 100 fps. and there was no "tearing" i saw fine.

Best answers
turn on vsync and play game, turn off bsync and play game, if u get tearing you'll notice.

Best answers
wow very nice job i should try this... Stupid crappy nivida video card... spent like 2 hours searching up tweaking guides... made my picture look alot worse and my fps stayed at 60 i should try this :D good job my man

Best answers
how the **** i change my screen rate in esf?!?!?!
in all games and desktop my refresh rate is 85
and in esf its 60
how i go to 85??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you put fps_max 100 into the console? Also what resolution are you running ESF at and what video card do you have?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hello dead thread, meet closed. Closed, meet dead thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom