Server Side PL-Related Command Question.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a few questions.

First and foremost...I know there is a command for the Power Level Averaging to the Server thing (pl_catchup, I think). My question is, is there a command that removes the power level loss on death? If I remember correctly, there used to be...either that or I'm remembering a version where you didn't lose power if you were killed by someone who was wussier than you. I don't remember exactly how it was, but I was curious if there was one, because occasionally when I run my server I'd like to turn it on for friends and such.

Best answers
I would also like to know this and the other one.

Best answers
If mp_plcatchup is enabled, it brings your pl closer to the average servers pl whenever you die. So it can either raise or lower your pl. There is no seperate cvar to disable pl loss on death.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, then I guess I was wrong.

But wouldn't that mean that on servers with mp_plcatchup set to 0, when I die, I shouldn't lose any PL? Because that's never been the case in 1.1 or 1.2. It always goes down when you die regardless.

Best answers
Lol saiyan, you must be confused buddy...

when mp_plcatchup is set to 0, you get your pl and it never lowers, no matter what happens (unless u got low hp.. but then when u respawn is sling shots back up)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then I guess I haven't ever played on a server that bothered to set it. I remember very distinctly almost always losing PL when killed, especially if it's by a weaker enemy.

Best answers
Ya, I friggin hate it, especially when you're close to ssj.. god

Best answers
I agree, PL loss on death is the most annoying thing. Today i was playing as Buu for an hour and a bit. After 40 mins i'd got to around 2.1mil, then people started leaving and others started joining. After 50 mins the server was filled with a completely new set of opponents so every time i died my PL dropped a Huge amount (150K sometimes). After an hour and 20 i'd barely got to 2.9mil when the stupid 56k decided to lag out and i was forced to leave+reconnect. Annoyance.

Best answers
Oh man.. 56 k? it's 2004... they should like take away 56k completley i hate it.. anyways...

I Can get transed buu in about 10 minutes.. UNLESS pl catchup crap is on...IMO they should take it out totaly alot of people hate it

Best answers
Yeah it's 2004, they should have DSL lines EVERYWHERE by now, but they dont. Go figure >_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheheh, i hate it when i´m playing with an high transformation pl char, like goku vege etc you got around 1.8 pl and youre struggling to get 2.0 then finally you transform, shooting/punching/kicking like hell, suddenly one moment of zero brain activity and your dead. you hit the transform button, nothing happens, you start looking to the HUD and you´ll see youre pl is around 1.910.000. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Happens to me every time I play as Vegeta. Granted, one of the 20 or so insanely skilled players can transform pretty quickly...but for us average folk it takes DECADES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom