Ettiquette.

Best answers
Ignore my butchered spelling.

Just wondering what is considered normal policy. Lately I've been getting called every name in the book due to the fact that I

1) Get the hell away from everyone than spam off Scattering Beams until some one finds me

2) Disk people who charge me.

3) Disk snipe on map's like City while other people are doing god knows what. I call it sniping because the disk seems to go through the buildings, they can't see me and I can see them.

4) Charge in, pre-punch, throw - beam jump away. Either charge a disk or KHH when I'm waiting for them to come after me.

5) If I see some one throwing (you guessed it) I charge up a disk can finish the poor bugger that just got tossed.

Are these THAT offensive that it requires everyone on the server to immediately knock me around like a 2cent whore or is it just a ....misconception?

Best answers
lol..i think ive played u,
or someone similar.

it highly annoying and really gets on
your nerves. it also shows that you
are skilless, i suggest try swtiching from
this and do more melee's and use disks
only when its necessary.

Best answers
If you play as Albania, then yes. You stirred the curiosity.

I don't disk alot, I just change it up. If I am getting absolutely stomped in melee (not rare) I run the hell away and resort to different tactics

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can do what u like it dont bother me, some i do occasionaly too. No offense but imo your tactics sound pretty .... dirty... sorry i cant describe it in any other way, but i just dislike them.

Best answers
you have to realize the type of game that ESF is...because of the way its played it is basically a 1on1 type game and ppl get mad if u interupt their "duels"....and the other stuff...like the scattershot thing and the disk "sniping" just seems kinda chicken **** to me...but thats just a matter of oppinion...if u like the way u play and it makes u feel good then by all means do it...but dont wonder y ppl get upset and ppl hunt u down when all u do is run disk and hide all the time

Best answers
Which brings me to my next question :

Why are there beams and such? Just to stick to the realism of the show or to provide a quick mode of transport etc.

This was rather the point that I was getting at through my post. Why is it that anything other than a head on slugfest seems to upset people when we all (well, most) have the ability to do the same and avoid it?

Just something to think on. I still find it rather funny for people to repeat the same tactic of charging in only to eat a disk then call me skill-less.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets put it like this (substitute frieza with any esf character), did frieza go and kill goku while he was outta melee with the ginyu force? did frieza sit there and wait for sum1 to come at him and disc em? did frieza run away whenever he gets in trouble? did frieza eva throw spam? etc..... its just unlike dbz, there's no proper dueling, sorry but i would find it boring, u might as well put bots on that dont attack and disc them one after the other.

Best answers
Intruiging idea, how ever ,If I remember correctly Freeza is dead ^^.

Through all this I was trying to bring up the point that people are becoming VERY centralized around melee. To the point where to do anything else is to be shunned, despite the fact you've been cracking skulls too.

That's the point I've been attempting to get across, not that I should be able to throw a disk then run like a coward, but I should be able to throw a disk make them teleport then intercept. If it hits...well that's their fault, isn't it?

Best answers
1) Get the hell away from everyone than spam off Scattering Beams until some one finds me

That's fun for you, but it's annoiny as friggin hell. Get some guts and go melee people and use soem skill.

2) Disk people who charge me.

Same thing.
3) Disk snipe on map's like City while other people are doing god knows what. I call it sniping because the disk seems to go through the buildings, they can't see me and I can see them.

As said before, it's a 1 on 1 game, have honor and let them fight.

4) Charge in, pre-punch, throw - beam jump away. Either charge a disk or KHH when I'm waiting for them to come after me.

This is sooo friggin annoying. Any decent player will get really pissed off at you for doing that. Don't do that against pros, they'll just own you even more.

5) If I see some one throwing (you guessed it) I charge up a disk can finish the poor bugger that just got tossed.

This isn't bad, I do stuff like that.

Overall, you need to get some melee skill and USE IT.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
true, i hardly ever get hit by discs though, only when im on the floor or just standing there like an idiot >_<. Thats wat annoys people, the fact they get no input into what happens to them, like beamspamming people cummin out of adv melee, because they're in a fight and want to continue it, where u blam em when they got no opurtunity to do anything, i only ever do that, if sum1 advanced melee's sum1 ive been fightin for a while, and im pretty sure i done a lot of damage to, because otherwise he's gonna get killed by the other guy that only has to do 20-30 damage.

You see i think beams are ok, but u have to intergrate both into the game, u use beams when appropriate, and vice versa with melee, its nice to have a fight goin where both of u are meleeing for ages, and u throw in a few ki blasts in every so often, also u can charge small beams etc, its much more fun than shootin loadsa people and gettin 1 shot kills.

Sound Artist
Best answers
If you can actually hit someone with Krillin's disc with the new mobility it's not just "luck". You need skill to shoot ahead of someone and hit. Toll's strategy is just fine, he's using Krillin like he should be played. Krillin IS a sniper, and if you can't dodge a slow spinning disc or charge right in front of someone charging a disc, YOU are lacking skill. Granted the scatter beam may seem a bit cheap, if you're hit by one it means you weren't paying attention to your surroundings. However, they're fairly easy to dodge and weak when Krillin's PL is low (which is usually how it ends up being until you transform). Anyone who complains about anything in 1.2 is someone who couldn't deal with or counter someone else's strategy, and call out, "cheater", "hacker", or "ESF Sucks" . Quit - the - whining.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you can hit someone with Krillin's disc with the new mobility it's not just "luck" you need some skill to shoot ahead of someone and hit. Toll's strategy is just fine, he's using Krillin like he should be played. Krillin IS a sniper, and if you can't dodge a slow spinning disc or charge right in front of someone charging one, YOU are lacking skill. Granted the scatter beam may seem a bit cheap, if you're hit by one it means you weren't paying attention to your surroundings. They're fairly easy to dodge and weak when Krillin's PL is low (which is usually how it ends up being until you transform). Anyone who complains about anything in 1.2 is someone who couldn't deal with or counter someone else's strategy, and call out, "cheater", "hacker", or "ESF Sucks" . Quit - the - whining.
I'm going to basically agree with your post except for one thing. Not everyone who complains about esf is a skill less noob that can't put up with someone else’s strategy. Granted, their a lot of people who do this and then bring it up in the forum, but it seems like when - anyone - insults the mod, people come back by saying "well.... He's just a noob who doesn't know what he's talking about. No one could not like the mod". I mean, it's an awesome mod (even though I don't like 1.2, it's still an awesome mod), but some people will find things they don't like about it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
If you can actually hit someone with Krillin's disc with the new mobility it's not just "luck". You need skill to shoot ahead of someone and hit. Toll's strategy is just fine, he's using Krillin like he should be played. Krillin IS a sniper, and if you can't dodge a slow spinning disc or charge right in front of someone charging a disc, YOU are lacking skill. Granted the scatter beam may seem a bit cheap, if you're hit by one it means you weren't paying attention to your surroundings. However, they're fairly easy to dodge and weak when Krillin's PL is low (which is usually how it ends up being until you transform). Anyone who complains about anything in 1.2 is someone who couldn't deal with or counter someone else's strategy, and call out, "cheater", "hacker", or "ESF Sucks" . Quit - the - whining.
i am yet to be hit once by krillins disc, ive only ever been hit by a frieza disc, 90% of the time when comming outta melee with being imobilized on the floor or in the wall. Discs are easy to beat as long as you know about them/can do something about them. Scatterbeam is sometimes annoying when u just come out of melee with sum1 and u cant do ****, usually i can avoid em, its just a teleport or two at the right time. The point is, its not nice to do which is what ettiqutte is about, but imho, i think you should be able to do what u like, hence why when it happens i dont blame it on the guy, he just wants frags like everyone else, and doing it his way, but it still doesnt stop me from getting pissed off cuz my fight was abruptibly ended by something like that. Its fair enough he does it, but its annoying when its happening.

Best answers
it may be a cheap way to play, but u shouldn't get flamed for it, make a stand and keep up ur cheap ways

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry about people complaining, play however you want, if they can't do anything about it then too bad for them. I can garauntee you though, that if you try any of those on me it won't work more than once before I dedicate the rest of the time I play to killing you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom