ESF 1.2 too slow?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not at all. the speed decreased but the distance between players who were battling has also decreased, making the ratio of speed/distance between the players the same. Still requires a lotta on ur toes thinking when ur up against a good opponent.

Best answers
well...i wouldnt mind having 1.1's speed back...but then again u have to realise they made it slow that way so that they can make room for further transformations

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ya before somone told me the made it slow for more trans i taught it was way to slow but i understand it now. I kinda like the slow, i can side hit alot now :D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How does making it slow affect the teams ability of putting in more trans? Im not being sarcastic, i acutally want to know. Anywho, I prefer 1.1's speed. It is too easy to hit people now and, well, its just not the way dbz is. Too slow paced for my taste.

Best answers
because hl has a speed cap...so u can only go so fast before u just dont see a difference anymore...and in order for u to see a difference in speed from normal->ssj->ssj2->ssj3...they have to slow the game down or they would hit the max at around ssj2 and u wouldnt see the difference in the next trans

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That makes sense. So how slow are the characters gonna have to be to make room for ssj3? And why couldnt they have just implemented the speed thing in 1.3 rather than in 1.2?

Best answers
I think the speeds are pretty good the way they are. Im thinking... remember this is for Goku

Normal - 216 (good here)
SSJ - 280 (good..)
SSJ2 - 310
SSJ3 - 350

im guessing...
Mystic gohan would probably have about 400 if its possible.

since he was the strongest non fused character in dbz.

Best answers
yup i dont vote .. cuz 1.2 is no slow cuz u can allways do basic melee.. and 1.1 speed yes so :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
if u thnk its slow then u obiously arent facing good enuf opponents, i thnk the speed is great

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if u thnk its slow then u obiously arent facing good enuf opponents, i thnk the speed is great
No... It is slower then 1.1. It has nothing to do with the opponent you're facing, it's a fact that it's slower. Anyway, I would love for it to be as fast as it was in 1.1, I don't really like to fight transformed but with the 1.2 speeds, I kind of have to. It doesn't matter though, this is the only way to put in more transformations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got done fighting in a 1v1 with an ape member, and if you think it's too slow, try doing the same. I can understand why some people think it is. When you go on most servers, what do you see? People sitting there firing beams and the melee'ers just constantly doing head-ons. Until you fight someone that incorporates beams into their melee, and uses the new manueverability to it's fullest extent.. you haven't even PLAYED yet.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
I just got done fighting in a 1v1 with an ape member, and if you think it's too slow, try doing the same. I can understand why some people think it is. When you go on most servers, what do you see? People sitting there firing beams and the melee'ers just constantly doing head-ons. Until you fight someone that incorporates beams into their melee, and uses the new manueverability to it's fullest extent.. you haven't even PLAYED yet.
exactly, its about the style u fight, its much faster now with all the directions u can use, in fighting and ki attacks are a must ^_^

Best answers
I personaly love the speed its at now. Gohans, especially, i like the slowness.. it somehow helps me fight faster people.. and ive got all the timing down on him.

Best answers
I think some ppl are getting confused here. Are we talking about the pace of the game, or the speed of swooping? Two different things. Pace of the game might not be slow, but the swoop speed is only about 2/3 as fast as non-trans 1.1 gohan.

A reason why speeds are probably how they are in 1.2 and not in 1.3 for the transformations is because the team is giving us a chance to adjust to the speeds now so it'll be little adjustment for 1.3. However, if this IS their thinking, why didn't they ease us into the new melee system instead of giving us a "new" game from the old one that everyone was used to.

In any case, I think this thread is about swoop speed, not the pace of fighting. Getting across a map in 1.2 takes twice the time it would for 1.1 *i guess*. Maybe its because the maps are bigger. But do the maps need to be THAT big? Average # of players in a full server is about 8-10. That's alot of ground to cover with only 8-10 ppl playing. I think fighting pace and swoop speed would be increased if the maps were esf_cell_day sized.

Best answers
1.2 way too slow... everyone can hit each other now wah... 1.1 was amazing with the speed and everything but i understand why they made it slower... just harder for me to play but anyways its for a good cause!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lets see, Do you think they slowed it down more for the inexperienced players?
For example, Back in 1.0 when that speed was completely new, there were alot of aimless swoops, only very, very 'skillfull' or 'high sensitive' players could hit their opponent more then they missed. Which, consequently, resulted in the abundance of head ons. However, with the speed decrease, I, who was a Head on Whore, have come to found myself not hitting as many head ons as I did before. (You have to take this into account, because I think Halorin stated this somewhere before the 1.2 release which is why the speed was decreased [not sure])

But being that 'they' lowered the swoop speed in 1.2, the maps seem bigger, and lots of empty space seems to be abundant, also. I'm perfectly fine with the map sizes, the empty space is needed due to the more plentiful beams in this version. ( I don't think 1.0/1 had as many beams in it as this one does.)

Furthermore, I feel that given more speed, head ons would be reintroduced into the version which caused an enormous amount of flaming and pointless threads here... However, the game would then again be more 'experienced player' dominant. I feel that the speed decrease was just a plan to sort of get us ready to for the new speed upgrades, which in that case I'd rather have it go slower so that speed from SSj2 and Sj would be a dramatic change rather then having it be increased by smaller increments.

On the other hand, the current melee system requires players to be closer together. If there were the old style swoops in and the non restricted teleports, fights would be longer then they are now. This melee system and the swooping system goes hand in hand with one another. If it was 1.0/1 then the longer faster swoops would be more necesary to chase and 'combo' your opponent.The 1.2 melee is closer, and the hit back is not nearly as far as it was before. I think the team did a good job to balance out the speeds and the game modes.

Legend, I know how well you play this game, but if it was at all faster or the same speed as 1.1, Do you think it would change your views on the melee system which you seem to dislike with a passion? Think about it, the swoop would be sped up and the basic melee combo hits would still be restricted to 2 hits per hit back + the bonus for the terrain hits, adv. melee would still be split for both attackers and the game would have more aimless swoops...

Best answers
i agree with everything u say Majin expect the part where you "think" that it is a plan to get us ready for the new speed upgrades. In my opinion for the maps, i think there is too much space since they lowered the swoop speed unless they make it faster. For example esf_Tom if thats what is callled.. i think, It is a very big map for some strange reason maybe due to the fact that the swoop is alot slower or it is just generaly big. Same with esf_gero it is a bit big... Please do not critisize me, just expressing what i think about the maps and such

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Those maps are as big as ape_city, which is a huge map if you haven't played it. It takes forever to catch up to someone who knows how to beam jump fairly well. But yea, it depends on how many people are in the map as well as the speed. If there were only 4 people in esf_ToM then it would either be very big, or if they grouped so that they each Melee'd each other it would be more comfortable. However, if you have someone one beaming from a distance, then it is quite tiresome to chase him/her down and stop them. (Personally, I hate esf_ToM. The bugs in that map make it horrible, but hey that's just me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom