9 way blending

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just wondering if 9 way blending will be in esf 1.3. I remember that it almost made it's way into 1.2 and I also recall darktooh saying that he's pimping out every model by giving them all around 70 bones for better animations. So... Will it be in 1.3?

Best answers
For the "not so...model related smart" noobs, can you explain 9 way blending? lol

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The 9 way blending pertains to the aura, not the player models themselves. So all the uber work that darktooth is going to put in to the upcoming models, isnt going to affect the 9 way blending, unless Pcjoe can add more stuff using spherical linear interpolation.

It would be nice to have the blending with the smooth transition that the animations currently have, but its not a pain without it. Hope it gets in 1.3, the model animations that 1.2 had would look very nice with the 9 way blending. :]

Best answers
???

me thoughts the 9 way blending WAS the smooth transition that the animations currently have.

Best answers
Omg, I give up. I dont know the first thing about modeling and stuff lol

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MP~"spherical linear interpolation"
while your at it why not change the inverse kinematic converter, as the antisotropic googleplexer seems to have problems with its flux capacitors... lol

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice spam.

9-way blending would smooth out all animations. No more random jumps from one animation to another. They would smoothen out.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehe.. 9 way blending.. lets just say this.. if we were to have that in..
only ki balls and generic ball attack would have it.. rather waste of time and effort. So I dont think we're gonna do it.

why would only those two have it? think about it.. all the other ki attacks are either stuck to your hands or only go straight

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im absolutly lost in this thread... but from what i understand.... 9-way blending = better loooking aura

Best answers
9WB is a technique mainly used in CS, to smoothen out gun-aiming animations. It enables the gun to go into 8 different direction while aiming (up,up+right,right, down+right, etc), instead of the usual 4 directions. I'm not sure why it's called 9 way blending though. Maybe the 9th way is the amount it moves to the direction. As DT stated, it wouldn't add that much to ESF, it might or might not look nice in beam controlling animations or projectile shooting animations.

Best answers
Now the big question...

If it is what you say harSens, shouldn't it be called 9 way bending?

As for the ninth....the ninth one is centered. No directions being pointed at except forward. Think of it as aiming straight forward.

And I thought nine way blending was being able to rotate the model in different directions instead of the whole model turning =_=

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens said:
9WB is a technique mainly used in CS, to smoothen out gun-aiming animations. It enables the gun to go into 8 different direction while aiming (up,up+right,right, down+right, etc), instead of the usual 4 directions. I'm not sure why it's called 9 way blending though. Maybe the 9th way is the amount it moves to the direction. As DT stated, it wouldn't add that much to ESF, it might or might not look nice in beam controlling animations or projectile shooting animations.
the 9th way is center or middle :p

or at least it is in max payne

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there there hars everyone forgets about the middle :p

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow MP, you retain knowledge quite well. Although 9 way blending isnt with the aura, i'm rather surprised you SLERP and whatnot.
Back on topic, like hars and DT said, it would be useless. Who needs to aim in 9 different directions when shooting beams? Who needs a single punch animation to punch in 9 different directions? We could spend our time doing productive things, like watching anime :)

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know that 9 way blending dosent just pertain to just the aura, but its the only thing in esf that ive seen it mentioned about.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The aura doesnt use 9 way blending though, I just manipulate the aura in the code without the use of 9 animations.

Best answers
so like with what ghost was talking about
what is 9 way blending,, i read the posts and it makes stuff look better.
but with regards to what king vegeta say. i dont think it will have a problem with the flux capacitor. as long as u hit 88 fps then u should fly right through it.
but i have no idea what i am talking about. for all i know it could be 88 ping so who knows. all i have to say is .....um good job guys. love the game keep up the good work :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom