Force Transform

Best answers
Well... I was thinking, since I don't play ESF too much anymore I thought I would start posting on how I think it could be better. So here's my first idea.

Force Transform, maybe it's just me, maybe I just suck, but it takes me forever in a day to reach the level of SSJ. So I was thinking, say Goku for example, his transform PL is 175,000. So I was thinking, maybe around 150,000 or so you could force your transformation, which could leave you low on KI and a random blow to the hit points.

I also wouldn't mind something along the lines of using your health as a KI bar if your KI runs out, that way during a PS you may get enough time to gain the upper hand, at the cost of health points.

Best answers
I like the force trans idea....maybe though have a fairly decent ki drain on it though would be a better penatly as it would mimic the show a little more?

Best answers
Yeah if it were added the penalty would have to be pretty damning, maybe less damage for certain moves pulled off than doing it the normal way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. Not a phenomenal change, but certainly one that couldn't hurt. Good suggestions!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, it's an intersting idea, no doubt there, but it's kind of hard to think of a penalty suiting enough to make it worth doing, but also gives you a disadvantage at the same time.

Best answers
Like I said....some good ki drain would suffice.....melee right now (after the next patch it could be really different) drains pretty good as of right now.....make the drain enough that you can fire maybe 1 fully powered large beam....or maintain melee for maybe a few short bursts....but once you run out of ki your winded and a little slower for a few seconds....kinda like JO/JA's force rage power

edit: Making the trans anim shorter for this one would be cool too....you could use it in those situations where you couldnt get away to hide to trans. Length of trans would still be based on PL...but just shorter (so there would be no reason to use it once perfect trans is attained)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmmm, i like it, but i think it shouldnt drain health just ki (really badly) and the pl multiplier shouldnt be as good as wen they can properly transform

Best answers
davidskiwan said:
hmmmm, i like it, but i think it shouldnt drain health just ki (really badly) and the pl multiplier shouldnt be as good as wen they can properly transform
I agree....it should be a desperation move

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After you force yourself to transform, all of your stats should be lower than if you had done it the old fashioned way. It should also take away some of your hp. Hmm....it could also take a fairly long time to do. After all, you are taking the short cut to transing.

Best answers
certainly wouldn't hurt for when you have a whole lot of yellow men with swords around you're tiny, bald headed , self.

I'd be willing for an outright tax on it, how ever maybe it would be better if it was used in increments? The longer you stay that way the more health you drain..and the farther off from the actual powerlevel you are, the more health you loose per interval.

If you started off brand-spanking-new as Krillin on a server and decided to attempt a trans when you're off by about 2.4 million PL or some such you would lose a VERY substantial amount of life per second.

I really like the idea, it allows some characters that severely lack AoE damage ( Freiza, Trunks) or some that are just plain a pain in the ass to get going (krillin) to get a jump start and even it up at the cost of their own health.

How ever, I also believe that , in addition to penalties likes a lower over all PL, lower speed and lower health (as well as taking physical damage) you're Ki should drain at 2x the rate. Why? Because you've either opened the door for new attacks very early ( FF right off the bat per say) and the character simply wouldnt have the power to sustain them to their full, devastating abilities.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it sounds good , but why not have it as a server option , it's an okay idea , but think about it , you would be pwned very easily.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I don't really like this idea, sure it is a good suggestion and it's interesting too but you may as well just play until you get the transformation normally hell i don't even transform when I reach the required level simply beacuse it means that I power up twice as fast and I usually only transform for a ki attack then I'd decend for a bout of melee.

Best answers
Why do people constantly come up with suggestions to try and lower the time and effort needed to become able to transform..? o_O

When more transformations will be added, the PL requirements will probably be lower per level anyway..
Right now, just do your share of fighting, challenge someone strong from time to time, and even if you only get a couple of punches through, your PL will rise fast enough to transform within this century, if you keep at it.. :S
If you think this is not possible, delete ESF right away, go into the closet, blow the dust of your tellytubbies interactive learning CD-ROM and install right away..

Seriously, how boring would it be if after 30 min of play EVERYBODY would be SSJ? Even more so seeing that we only have 1 transformation right now.. :tired:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This reminds me of a topic that would be brought up way back in the day on DMZ where a big spark about the anime would be brought up, now it's just gameplay... However I would like to change that.

In DBZ, there is no such thing as a Forced transformation. Ever. To reach SSJ all of the saiyans had to go through a major emotional trauma of one kind or anything. For Goku, his best friend was murdered right in front of him. For Gohan, he was always letting everyone down, for Goten his mother was abusive, for Trunks his best friend and mentor Gohan was killed at the hands of the androids who destroyed his world. Hopefully my memory was correct with those.

Anyways my point is, ESF is a mod based on DBZ. People want it to stay DBZ, so why would you add something that is so clearly not DBZ at all? You should want to preserve what ESF is. Now I know someone is gonna say "Well when Goku reaches 175,000 he doesn't see Krillin die!" and y'know that's fine. But we can't add all the little details like into ESF or else it wouldn't be any fun.

My point overall and finally is that there is no such thing ever as a "Forced Transformation" in the DBZ universe and it should never set foot in ESF.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I agree with Kama, although we don't actually know how Chibi Trunks went SSJ (unless it's just the eng dub doesn't say)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom