problem with stun time after adv. meelee

Best answers
ok whenever i go into an adv. meelee. when the meelee is over we both get blown back. what is the fastest way to recover from that. i swear i have never beaten anyone after the stun time. i get blown back and the other person can charge back to ful and swoop to me everytime before i even get out.. and by that time i have no ki from trying to stop. i hold left mouse(even done left and right mouse. even done nothing and just let it come out itself.
another problem i have is throws. i can have like 5 mil pl and a brand new 600k pl gohan and i cant throw him. the struggle bar will move slower that snails and by the time i win and get to throw them im out of ki so we both get blown back and the other person recoveres instantly and im out of ki. ive been at full and tried to throw but most of the time i lose. some people ive never been able to throw no matter how much ki i have. is there some king of trick im not doing? ive held all variations of buttons on my mouse. people can throw me everytime. just trying to figure out if there is something im not doing, that everyone else seems to know about. i never enjoy playing wiht new people cause then u never learn anything new. i always try to play against the hardest people on the maps. most people i can beat, but there are a few who just royally kick my ass. and some of the reasons i said earlier are why i lose to those certain people. i think a good challenge is the best way to play esf and i seem to be in the middle of the noobs and the best people. but if there seems like i can do nothing more then i wont be able to improve.

another problem is only when i fight certain people they give me 80% of the time randoms..when i go head on i will get 4- all randoms only with these certain people.. wtf is going on. are people just exploiting bugs or are they actually doing something no one knows about?

Best answers
1.Did you have full ki before the melee?
2.Don't use throws that much - it is just a waist of ki(my opinion). But if youre using throws the guy you are throwing can resist you by holding MOUSE 1 .But so can you. Its just a matter of ki.
3.The randoms mean that the your enemy does STRONG hits. You have to guess in which direction they are.

Best answers
ok first of all ive already tried holding either and both of the mouse buttons. and i only try throwing every once in a while anyways but it seems lately people love to throw spam since they seem to be able to do it to me. but when i try to throw it takes about 20 secs to where i can throw them.. and when people try to throw me i hold the mouse button and it takes them 5 secs. yes i have full ki before i ever try it. i even do it at the beginning and end or even at the middle of the prepunch and it makes no difference.

and the randoms i get at a head on also. and im not talking about 1 or 2 randoms im talking about 4 - 7 randoms. and another problem i get when i am in an adv. meelee i can do all randoms and people still are able to always dodge them. try fighting [ESK] saiyajin its almost impossible to ever get a hard hit on him. when i had first started playing 1.2 there was someone saying there was a trick to be able to always dodge. and im starting to wonder if it is true. sometimes i can go into a adv. meelee and hit the wrong direction and still have it come green. i wont get into it much more incase im not suppose to.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill start from the beginning. Im not the best player out there, but i can hold my usually hold my own.

1) The blow back thing: Make sure you are holding left click after you are blown back. You'll recover a lot quicker (remember to hold the button, not just click it).
1a) After you have recovered, begin charging immediately unless you're opponent is on the offensive. Usually after being blown back, both parties charge unless 1 party has enough ki to continue with the attack.

2) The throw: Once more make sure you are holding left click. Also, you dont have to wait for the bar to fill up. You can throw as soon as its at the minimum requirement.

3) Advanced melee: Well, if you find that you cant trick your opponent using directionals, then dont use advanced melee. Try using 1.1 melee on your opponent. It usually works (if you can use it properly).

Thats about it i guess. If i gave incorrect directions, please, go ahead and correct me. Good luck Choas.

Best answers
when u get blown bak hold space, or if it's a race to recovery,hold charge while flying bak and you'll recover really fast. i nevruse throws, basic meles alot beter and les ki,and u don't haf 2 hold left clik watchen that bar go up for 6 secs either

Best answers
thanx Zeonix. remember when i first started playing against you?
i would complain and whine about it. u made me start learning 1.1 even in 1.2 which i might add i started to pick up pretty fast. but my computer just flat out sux for speed so it cant hold some of these maps for crap.
and as for the recovery with holding the left mouse. i have been doing that but i can go halfway across the map before i can recover and by then they other person can charge, swoop to me and charge again when i come out of it. by then i lose the rest of my ki just getting out of it. i hate to sound like im complaining but i really am doing what u guys are saying and its still half as fast as everyone else i play.

Best answers
Try jump. That seems to be what recovers from the blowbacks best for me, and it'll let you jump back off, if you slam into a physical object. As for throws, it takes a while to perform, you just have to make sure to hold left mouse button

Best answers
actually one of the questions i want to know for throwing is this..
why do some people take 30 secs before u can even throw them?
and why do some take 10 secs. i understand that some people dont hold the mouse button but that only takes 4 secs to throw them. but if the other person doesnt hold the mouse button ure ki drains very fast to throw.
so basically whether you hold the mouse button or not, it takes the same ki. holding it just makes the other person bored and then u both have to wait for the throw

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well it depends on the pl aswell as on the hold muse1
lets say you're triing to throw some1
1: you're stronger it goes fast (i'd say 4-8 sek)
2: he has higher pl it goes slow (somewhere from 10-20 sek)

not shure about the seconds though

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people take 30 seconds because the math is off in 1.2 . That's been corrected in 1.2.1 . Now back on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom