Beams/strengths differentials

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a couple of suggestions for the suggestions forum labelled suggestions.

Beams, love 'em, hate 'em, they're a huge part of DB/Z/GT and will (hopefully) never leave ESF ever. Thing is, they're a little unrealistic and as a result a little too handy for beam spammers. Here's my suggestion on beams:

After charging the beam (using up ki) I think ki should also diminish while the beam is travelling, so people can't shoot a fully powered beam from across the map. I think the beams should also get weaker the longer they get. This stems from beams following players for something crazy like 20 seconds and still being AS powerful as before, the beam gets longer as more energy is poured into it, so shouldnt the players energy (ki) drop? Hopefully this will also cut down on long-range beam spamming.

Finally, the engine will know if a beam is strong enough to 'gib' what it hits, so my other suggestion is that a beam that 'gibs' players should not explode but travel right through/around them and keeps going until it explodes or hits something else. This also means beams fired used in relativley close range will be more powerful and have a higher chance of gibbing its target and not exploding in the players face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom